What to breed with male Moonglow - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-10-2017, 11:35 PM   #1
DanteMuramesa
What to breed with male Moonglow

I have a male moonglow boa constrictor that i plan to breed in a few years when hes old enough. I thought about getting a female moonglow or maybe a Motley moonglow female to breed. I was wondering if there would be a better morph to breed with to get a more diverse set of babies. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #2
elena
moonglomow x moonglow whould yield snow and moonlglow. The moonglow would all be possible supers (33% statistically) which would fetch a little more than regular moonglows. moon glow x motley moonglow would yield snows, possible super moonglows, and motley moonglows, a more mixed litter which would be worth a little more . Personally I'd suggest the moonglow x motley moonglow, which would yield some higher end stuff.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:32 PM   #3
DanteMuramesa
What is a super moonglow? I have seen the title before but i cant ind a picture of one. I can only assume its slightly lighter then a normal but i really don't know. I did just get a possible super lipstick sunglow female but the super moonglow has me curious.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:37 AM   #4
elena
It doesn't look that different than a moonglow and can't really picked out by eye. The only way to tell for sure is too breed it to an animal not carrying the hypo gene. If it is. Super, all the offspring will come out as hypos.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:54 PM   #5
ReticDog
Wouldn't a moonglow X moonglow = 50% moonglows, and 50% super moonglows.. No Snows..

Old 01-30-2019, 02:09 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
Hypo x hypo = 25% normals, 25% super hypos, 50% hypo
Normally hypo/super hypos labeled as poss super since there's no deff way to tell the difference

edit to add - all would get both anery and albino so all snows -
25% snows, 25% super moonglows, 50% moonglows

Old 01-30-2019, 02:41 PM   #7
elena
April is absolutely right: 25% snow 25% super moonglow 50% moonglow. However, you wouldn’t be able to tell the moonglows apart from the supers, so you would essentially have snows and moonglows (33% possible super).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!