Questions on "Twinkie" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-31-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
Tears_and_Fangs
Question Questions on "Twinkie"

Well I wanted to ask two questions on behalf of my green Iguana "Twinkie"
Okay, here we go...

1.) Every time I get him out, hold him...then I put him back in his cage and wherever I set him down in his cage....he licks it. O.o
What is he doing?

2.) Is Fluorescent lighting alright for Iguana's? I have a purple black light (I put where the strip light supposed to go on his cage) So I put it on his cage, and he like tried to jump on the screen where the light was. I thought I should ask about this first, so I turned it off. He might of didnt like the lighting or something. or it hurt his eyes. *shrugs*

Old 08-31-2005, 09:19 AM   #2
Junkyard
As far as question 1.) I think he likes the taste of his cage

2.) Iguana's need UV light. With that said, if you have a UV light bulb and he can see the sun, he will sit in the sunlight. They thrive on sunlight, in helps their metabolism, heals their bodies, and makes them feel good. I try to get my iguanas sunlight everyday, light bulbs will never be able to replace the sun. Black lights are fun, but useless for iguanas. Good luck with him.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:44 PM   #3
FireDrake
A lot of lizards lick things, its not because they like the taste, it's because they are testing it, like a puppy or baby putting things in their mouths, same principle. Also, like snakes they do have some scent receptors in their tongues, so they are also smelling it.

Black lights are no good for reptiles, get rid of it!

Sarah

Old 08-31-2005, 04:57 PM   #4
Tears_and_Fangs
Thanks Guys! I appreciate it! =D

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!