Venomoids, the right and the wrong. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #51
adder
Back to the ... truth

Dear ScottyPimpin,

you said

"i'd say the vast majority of "venomoids" are hard to consider safe,"

Your view or opinion, but the fact is ALL venomoids are safe. The other snakes you refer to are not venomoids . . . simple realy.

Venomoid = No venom ...

You also wrote:

"I'd be very interested in seeing a study done one THOSE snakes to see if any ever become venomous again."

Well take it from somone whose done the said study over 8 years and guess what and with whatever expertise 8 years with venomoids brings?

Not one venomoid ever regenerated venom.

I am also sure that if I cut off your head, it also wouldn't regenerate.

Perhaps of relevance is that a paper is in preparation now for a peer reviewed journal on exactly what you speak of, and that is 8 years of venomoids.

We do also have papers on the subject at:
http://www.herp.net
which I assume all the venomoid "experts" here have read.

ALL THE BEST

Old 01-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #52
Strike_Force_Reptiles
Ray after the ignorant things you say and do no one is going to listen to what you have to say. so you my friend are pretty much the one by the way can you post your site? ild love to be able to show my wife so you can educate her on what NOT to do with a snake cause thats the only education you can really give. lol it would make more sense for you to bang ur head against a brick wall than to bang a snakes head against ur own head. let someone with more real info on this answer this guys question and just stay out of it

Old 01-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #53
reticguy76
nothing is an exact science. i have been in emergency/critical care veterinary medicine now, almost 14 years. it has never, is not now, nor ever will be an exact science, no matter which way it is put or dealt with.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #54
Strike_Force_Reptiles
thanks Ryan

Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #55
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
nothing is an exact science. i have been in emergency/critical care veterinary medicine now, almost 14 years. it has never, is not now, nor ever will be an exact science, no matter which way it is put or dealt with.
Bingo..........

Old 01-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #56
evilcowboy420
::

Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post

To be an exact science one would have to make sure there is no room for human error and for a curve ball to be thrown by nature. No 2 snakes are exactly the same.

Also I hope not all Australians are as self center as the fella going on and on about how venomoid surgery is an exact science.

IMO I don't see a need for taking a snakes natural defenses away. And any company peddling the butchering of an animal for whatever reason is wrong in my book and only trying to get money at whatever cost. I just can't see it. But of course I will be labeled wrong so I don't really care.

So while we are taking the defenses from animals I think I will go have a doctor lop off my iguanas tail, take out its teeth, and remove it's claws or better yet have my cats toes cut off so they won't scratch me when they play with me.

Point is you make a decision when buying or obtaining a hot if you as a person are incapable of handling or knowing the proper way of handling them then you should not have them. They didn't ask to live at your house you forced them to be there so as a responsible owner it is your job first and foremost to make sure YOU can handle them. If not move onto something you are not so afraid of or can handle properly.

So that surgery and that company who does it and anyone who supports it.

Oh yeah and that is just stupid performing a surgery at a show. way to be sterile the ignorant mother needs to have their ripped off and shoved in their they probably signed that snakes death certificate by doing that. Some surgeries are just NOT necessary.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #57
Strike_Force_Reptiles
who does surgeries at shows? that isnt right. they allow that?

Old 01-09-2010, 12:05 AM   #58
evilcowboy420
::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike_Force_Reptiles View Post
who does surgeries at shows? that isnt right. they allow that?
lol thats what I took this quote as

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
Your saying that the vendor i mentioned (venomoidinc) FREEHANDLE a venomoid they performed the procedure on at a show....

Old 01-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #59
evilcowboy420
Oh my bad I read it wrong. that sentence looks weird to me. Anyway FREE HANDLING venomoid snakes at a show is just as ignorant.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #60
hhmoore
Freehandled the snake at a show....they didn't do the surgery there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!