HELP PLEASE DRAGON DIED-NO SIGNS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
ms497
HELP PLEASE DRAGON DIED-NO SIGNS

Please can anyone give me some advice or ideas my bearded dragon who was only 17 months old and never woke up this morning. He showed no signs of being sick. He was acting perfectly normal yesturday eating and active. We had him out and he looked and acted good. He didn't lose any weight or act lethargic. I turned the lights on this morning and he was sleeping in the corner where he usually sleeps. He didn't open his eyes but i didn't think anything of it. After i turn lights on i give them about an hour to warm up before i feed them. I went to feed them their greens and he was still in the corner with his eyes closed. I picked him up and saw he had died and just started crying my eyes out. I checked his belly and no impactions. I saw he had defacated- i am assuming after he passed but checked anyway. Another strange thing is his color was very bright and not faded. He didn't look ill at all. Please can anyone give me some ideas or advice? Thankyou in advance, Melissa

Old 05-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
shinezilla
I'm sorry Melissa... Dragons usually fire up right before they pass and when they pass... Could it have been something he ate, maybe a bug?

Old 05-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
angie.h
Melissa,check the thread by ace9916 on page 2 about this very same problem...every thing possible was mentioned in about 8 pages of the thread.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
ms497
Thankyou both so much. We had him out yesturday but in the house. They like to sit on the back of the couch and look out the window. He hasn't been outside. He was hanging out with his favorite girl and now i am paranoid about her too. I am gonna go check that thread. Thankyou again, Melissa

Old 05-29-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
Gina Gauvin
So sorry..

Hi Melissa, So sorry to hear about your dragon! My thoughts ran along the same as Shines because you had him out. Spiders can be poisonous. Or if he was out too often and not keeping warm enough. They need at least 10hrs of warmth a day. Just watch the others appetite and see if she's acting normal.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
ms497
Hi Gina, thankyou. We have them out for about an hour. I didn't realize if he ate a spider that could be poisonous. I'm not sure if he did or not but its definitely a possibility. If he was poisoned by something would there be any signs? Thankyou again, Melissa

Old 06-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #7
ms497
Hello everyone, wanted to let you know I had a necropsy done on my boy and it was his liver. Knowing what it was brings some relief especially knowing it was not something that can be passed to my other dragons. Thankyou for everyones sympothy and help. Melissa

Old 06-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #8
Gina Gauvin
Just a few questions..

Hi Melissa,
Just curious, what are they charging for a necropsy nowadays? It would also be really helpful to share the info of the results, such as what was wrong with his liver and how much were you supplementing his diet, and how often.
I find we learn more from hands on experience than from reading a book or label.

Thanks!

Old 06-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #9
ace9916
Sorry for your Loss

Any of that info would be a great help to me aswell. Did you happen to notice anything at all that differnt about your boy before going to sleep. Maybe a high color or dark beard that wont go away.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
Linda Lawrence2
How old was your Bearded Dragon?

I am so sorry to hear that your little guy died.
How old was he? Weird that he had a bad liver.
I just lost my girl. She had laid her first clutch. She didn't act the same afterward. Not really interested in drinking water after she laid or eating much.
Then I went to check on all the other beardies and she was laying in a pool of her blood. I have no idea what happened to her. So sad

Linda

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!