is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #51
DiamondCreek
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
as redneck as the nra is we still should be paying closer attention to how they are doing things. they wont stand for any ban.
I'm a firm 2nd Amendment supporter and I can tell that the NRA will get none of my money. They will compromise in a heartbeat because they realize that is how business is done in the civilized world. If you want no compromise gun rights activisim, Grass Roots or Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership should be the organizations you look to.

However, when it comes to keeping large constrictors, we are not discussing a constitutional right, now are we? No, we are not. We are discussing something that can and will be taken from us if we don't play our cards right. Stomping our feet and chanting "no laws, no laws" won't do it. We have to play within the system.

And I have to repeat here, though I'm sure I'm only wasting the wear and tear on my fingertips, but the compromise legislation WILL NOT be proposed if legislation for a ban can be stopped. That is a no-compromise victory. The compromise legislation is a fall-back position that is defensible.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #52
radera5
Quote:
i doubt it would take much longer than it takes them to send all those emails asking for our money
That is just ridiculous IMO. Writing one email and forward it to a list of people is not too time consuming. Reading thousands of emails could take a lifetime.

Come on now...

Old 11-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #53
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCreek View Post
I'm a firm 2nd Amendment supporter and I can tell that the NRA will get none of my money. They will compromise in a heartbeat because they realize that is how business is done in the civilized world. If you want no compromise gun rights activisim, Grass Roots or Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership should be the organizations you look to.

However, when it comes to keeping large constrictors, we are not discussing a constitutional right, now are we? No, we are not. We are discussing something that can and will be taken from us if we don't play our cards right. Stomping our feet and chanting "no laws, no laws" won't do it. We have to play within the system.

And I have to repeat here, though I'm sure I'm only wasting the wear and tear on my fingertips, but the compromise legislation WILL NOT be proposed if legislation for a ban can be stopped. That is a no-compromise victory. The compromise legislation is a fall-back position that is defensible.
if you think your constitutional rights cant be taken away your dreaming

Old 11-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #54
DiamondCreek
Quote:
first of all you will need to find a reptile vet that knows how to do it. then you got to drag all your babies to the vet. so $25 for the chip plus the fee for implanting it and now you have to wait and see how many it will kill
You do have a reptile vet that you are acquainted with and that sees your animals, right? You shouldn't need to "find a vet". If you have a collection, including breeders, and have no vet, you've put the cart ahead of the horse.

You still have not put forth any information regarding chips killing babies, causing cancer, etc. Not all of us can see your page....please put the information here in the thread and make it a part of the discussion.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #55
DiamondCreek
Quote:
if you think your constitutional rights cant be taken away your dreaming
They can. I will fight tooth and nail to protect those rights. This is venturing into "Off Topic" land, though.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #56
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
That is just ridiculous IMO. Writing one email and forward it to a list of people is not too time consuming. Reading thousands of emails could take a lifetime.

Come on now...
i dont care how long it takes them they decide to do this and they should take the time to find out what people that they represent want. what about all those letters and phone calls they told us to make to our representatives. what if we had all our letters sent back unopened and when we called in we got a recording saying they didnt have time to hear our opinion. how would you have felt about that. and your telling me that the people that are fighting for us dont have the time to talk to us

Old 11-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #57
radera5
Quote:
i dont care how long it takes them they decide to do this and they should take the time to find out what people that they represent want. what about all those letters and phone calls they told us to make to our representatives. what if we had all our letters sent back unopened and when we called in we got a recording saying they didnt have time to hear our opinion. how would you have felt about that. and your telling me that the people that are fighting for us dont have the time to talk to us

Not all of us...

Old 11-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #58
Lucille
Quote:
i really dont think you people realize the implications for breeders. how many breeders are posting on here. how many of you could be faced with having to micro chip hundreds of hatchlings
Why are you not understanding that the alternative at the point when these recommendations might be enacted, is having NO hatchlings due to a ban?

Old 11-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #59
rodneynboalich
the funny thing about this is if we would of all got and email from our state representative saying we went ahead and set up a set of guidelines for how you maybe your pets and we will go ahead and propose them if need be the whole industry would be up in arms today yet since it came from usark everyones ok with it. the only places usark should be proposing these kinda rulse is places like NY where there is a ban so people that are already keeping animals can get some kinda license instead of being considered criminals. thats the only time its ok to compromise when its for getting back you freedoms not for loosing them.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #60
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Why are you not understanding that the alternative at the point when these recommendations might be enacted, is having NO hatchlings due to a ban?
how many animals are you looking to produce this season

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!