Boa lover, new here - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:12 AM   #1
Stormosiris
Wink Boa lover, new here

Hello!

My name is Dante (I'm also known as Alek, but I preferably go by Dante), I’m a 21 year old freelance illustrator and junior (will be a senior in two months) college student. I’ve grown up doing oniric art (based off of dreams) and am also an aspiring boa/oddly-specific-animals breeder. I'm a tad delayed in my introduction since I was busy waddling all over the internet this week for my newest addition (a kahl albino motley female I decided to buy off Mike Weitzman), as well as setting down a timeline/spreadsheet for my future projects.

I’m also a pisces, my favorite color is Green/Seagreen (with sometimes a nice fiery orange). My first boa is Carl, a BCI normal, whom I attached a picture of because he's an adorable goof. He's gotten bigger but he's still the big and ridiculous baby I love. When I receive Nagini (the albino girl), I'll be sure to take pictures and post. I know she's going to be stunning. My snakes also have their own blog so I can post and share their silly selves to other reptile lovers. c:

I am working on releasing several herp/animal oriented tshirts I've designed and illustrated to save some money for my breeding projects and pay my loans. I may also be interning as a concept artist at a biomedical animation company and have a startup/entrepreneur internship as well this summer (which I'm incredibly excited for). My art portfolio is available online if you'd like to see what I do (and if you ever need an artist )

Aside from my work life I really like ice cream, chocolate, cars, horses (esp drafting), dogs (greyhound, borzoi, burmese mountain, dobermann), cats (orange tabbies/maine coon), blue tongued skinks, burmese pythons, rhino vipers, emperor scorpions, scrub pythons, green anacondas, some retics, leopard geckos, and coffee (unfortunately I'm not a big fan of ball pythons...). I’m also a Female-to-Male transman, I’ve been on Testosterone for three and a half years (since age 18), had surgery in 2012, and my name change in 2013. If any herpers, lgbt+ or not, would like someone to talk to or have questions concerning that topic, I am open and available for you. Since there's a lot of stigma/lack of knowledge on that topic I'm here to lift the veil.

Sorry for the long post! I'm probably going to lurk 90% of the time from my schedule, but I will be popping up like a groundhog from time to time on the forum/classifieds.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #2
Charis
Hello and welcome!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!