Bad Guy Pat Kline - snared99 - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:06 PM   #21
AndieBones
Morticia, if you look at NVBearded's post, you can see that she has spoken to at least one other individual who has seen sick animals from snared99

Old 09-01-2017, 02:11 PM   #22
Fatalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndieBones View Post
Fatalis, you should realize that a customer should never take the loss. Imagine if you bought a dragon from me, and it arrived dead. Is it your responsibility to pay for shipping, no. That's pretty much what snared99 did to me.
I honestly do not believe this in the case of purchasing animals. When you purchase an animal you should accept that you are taking a risk and know that 99% of the time the cost of shipping is on the buyer. I haven't lost money on receiving an animal via shipping yet, but eventually when that happens (sick animal arrival or DOA) I know I'm not going to expect the seller to refund the cost of shipping, it's just not fair especially if they are trying to make amends.

Also, why are you saying the dragon arrived dead? It obviously didn't.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:15 PM   #23
AllisonLeigh
Are you taking the animal in for a necropsy? I realize they can be pricey, but to hold the seller accountable you'll need definitive proof that the animal was sick prior to entering your care, as the seller has an email showing you were happy with it upon receipt (Regardless of what you saw after that email, having that in black and white will likely be proof enough for paypal that you received your purchase and therefore the payment should stay as is.)

Again, not picking a side... but if we play "What if" (Which is cruel to do to someone who just watched a pet die, so I do apologise, but from a business point of view...). What if the cage had insecticide left in it (not saying it did.... but what if) and the dragon had a reaction to the toxins. I know insecticides result in seizures in cats and dogs, no clue about reptiles though...

Since there isn't a clear and definitive cause of the dragon's demise, accepting a refund less shipping may be the best option in your case, without having to pay for a necropsy.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #24
AndieBones
Fatalis, I did not say he arrived dead. I said the seller basically sold me a dead animal, because without vet care, he was a dead animal. And is. Was I supposed to open my new animal and immediately take him to a vet because of a life threatening illness? No. The seller never should have tried to sell him in the first place.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:29 PM   #25
AndieBones
I really can't afford a necropsy sadly. But I will do everything in my power to see that this is resolved.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:32 PM   #26
Morticia
If it's as contagious and deadly as you assume it to be then I'd uh, be taking it. Your other beardie is at risk if that's the case.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #27
Fatalis
Andie,

Apologies, I realize I misread the following sentence as that your dragon arrived dead: "Imagine if you bought a dragon from me, and it arrived dead."

Eitherway, yes what has happened is unfortunate and no sellers should not ever ship potentially sick or sick animals. It is unfortunate that this dragon rapidly declined and died and you had to go through that, but right here and now the seller has offered you a full refund for the cost of the dragon. They have done the right thing, and I do believe in this case the right thing to do would be to accept that refund if you can't afford a necropsy to prove the dragon was sick prior to shipping. It seems like the seller was absolutely willing to help, but you reported the dragon as healthy upon arrival instead of sick as it seemed it was at the time of arrival. We are all not perfect, but I hardly see the seller being a bad guy and deliberately sent you a sick animal after his attempts thus far to make it right.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #28
elena
Andie, you've been offered a refund without proving the animal is dead. Pat may be a nice guy who takes your word for it, but I'd like to see pics of the animal's corpse, top and bottom, with clear identifying marks. Please don't say that you "threw it away" before your paypal claim is even closed. Even if that dragon is proven to be sick, and Pat is proven to be a "bad guy," I'll still never sell to you because you initiated a paypal claim without speaking to the seller, and bought an animal you couldn't afford to vet. If you can't afford to vet an animal, you can't afford that animal. It's about being responsible.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:53 PM   #29
elena
Also, you can't have it both ways. Only one of following two things that you have said can be true:

1) The animal was sick as soon as you got it. If this is true then you should have notified the seller immediately and taken the animal to the vet.
2) The animal suddenly became sick at 10pm, and you had no time to take it to the vet.

Which is it?

Personally, if the animal is in fact dead, I believe statement #1 is more likely, since animals don't generally act fine and then immediately tank and die. In which case, you failed to bring a sick animal to the vet. So it's death is partially on you. Irresponsible.

If you can show that the animal is in fact dead, then perhaps you deserve a refund.

Also, you contradict yourself again, saying both that you are so experienced with dragons that OF COURSE your husbandry was perfect, and also that you were way too inexperienced to tell if an animal is ill. You can't have it both ways.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #30
Donald C
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndieBones View Post
Lucille, I couldn't go to a vet, it was around 10pm at night! And I can pm you the message if you'd like. I just don't want the breeder to be involved. If you want the message, please pm me.
You said at the start that the beardie died at least a day after unboxing. Even if you couldn't bring it to a vet right away, it appears that there was enough time for you to take it to a vet, by your own admission.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
snared99