Bad Guy Pat Kline - snared99 - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:53 AM   #51
Andy_G
So...you thought that it would be ok to purchase a new animal without having the means to take it to the vet if you had to...the animal arrived and at first seemed fine but went downhill quickly, but you didn't take it to the vet and it died. Pat offered a refund for the animal without seeing any proof that the animal has perished, but you want the shipping refunded as well? To add to all of that, unless I am reading things incorrectly, you didn't even give the seller a chance to make things right before plastering things all over social media and filing a claim through paypal. I also hope that you are new to the hobby because there are a few things that you didn't do that you should have simply to cover your own behind in case of things going south which clearly they have. I'd personally have a real problem at this point both buying from Pat as well as selling to you, Andie. I really feel for you, but to be honest, almost everything written and displayed here by you is very subjective and there really isn't much proof of anything, and this board doesn't consider one's words enough, especially with most of the supporting "evidence" coming from facebook or a talk with the boyfriend. I do hope that both parties can end this amicably and that you learned from this experience. If the animal was shipped ill then that is quite shameful and a disgusting practice to say the least, but how can we know that at this point when a necropsy isn't going to be done to at least identify what happened here? What a dicey situation. Hopefully you at least didn't have this dragon anywhere near other animals in your collection for the short time it was present.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:19 AM   #52
Treasures
why do people own animals if they cant afford a vet visit. setting up a gofund me page for your animals vet bills is ridiculous. i see it more and more in the hobby. sorry but your vet bills are no one elses responsibility but your own.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:26 AM   #53
bklynsfinest312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasures View Post
why do people own animals if they cant afford a vet visit. setting up a gofund me page for your animals vet bills is ridiculous. i see it more and more in the hobby. sorry but your vet bills are no one elses responsibility but your own.
Couldnt agree more i really hate when i see that

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Old 09-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #54
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasures View Post
setting up a gofund me page for your animals vet bills is ridiculous.
We have no proof that the critter is dead. One possibility that has not so far been discussed is that the entire issue from gofundme to full refund was a money making ploy and the dragon is sitting healthy somewhere ready to be sold after it was attempted to be pimped out as a money making machine.

I'm not saying this is what happened, but we are not getting much proof here.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:30 PM   #55
tlmoon
Yeah, something is definitely fishy. Lots of things documented at first, but when actual proof is requested the OP disappears. Why would someone post a thread, then bail on it like that if everything was on the up and up? It also looks like the seller tried to do a good thing and offer a refund but the OP wasn't interested. Not looking legit for the OP right now...

Old 09-05-2017, 09:45 PM   #56
snakesareawesome
Because people to continue to believe they can just create a boi, say whatever, get whatever they want, and ride off into the sunset no questions asked. When that doesn't happen they backpeddle or run for the hills.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #57
chongorojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
So...you thought that it would be ok to purchase a new animal without having the means to take it to the vet if you had to...the animal arrived and at first seemed fine but went downhill quickly, but you didn't take it to the vet and it died. Pat offered a refund for the animal without seeing any proof that the animal has perished, but you want the shipping refunded as well? To add to all of that, unless I am reading things incorrectly, you didn't even give the seller a chance to make things right before plastering things all over social media and filing a claim through paypal. I also hope that you are new to the hobby because there are a few things that you didn't do that you should have simply to cover your own behind in case of things going south which clearly they have. I'd personally have a real problem at this point both buying from Pat as well as selling to you, Andie. I really feel for you, but to be honest, almost everything written and displayed here by you is very subjective and there really isn't much proof of anything, and this board doesn't consider one's words enough, especially with most of the supporting "evidence" coming from facebook or a talk with the boyfriend. I do hope that both parties can end this amicably and that you learned from this experience. If the animal was shipped ill then that is quite shameful and a disgusting practice to say the least, but how can we know that at this point when a necropsy isn't going to be done to at least identify what happened here? What a dicey situation. Hopefully you at least didn't have this dragon anywhere near other animals in your collection for the short time it was present.

Pat sent pics with and without flash, shipped on time, communicated promptly and even offered a refund without proof, so I wonder why you would have a "real problem buying" from pat? Would you elaborate please?

Old 09-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #58
Andy_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongorojo View Post
Pat sent pics with and without flash, shipped on time, communicated promptly and even offered a refund without proof, so I wonder why you would have a "real problem buying" from pat? Would you elaborate please?
Certainly. It would be a "pour over" from a previous thread which I have linked to on the bottom of this post showing certain levels of unprofessionalism on his behalf in retaliation to a 3 star review on his business page coupled with in my opinion incorrect labelling on boxes. If a buyer has had a legitimately bad experience and posts a fair review about the seller with the seller at least partially being at fault, it's not appropriate for the seller to chastise the buyer in my opinion. His name appearing twice in a somewhat negative light(although not necessarily warrantedly so) in a short time is a bit of a red flag to me but it is much more due to the bad handling of the review. Nothing more then that and certainly nothing personal as I do my best to remain objective.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...14#post2024114 My post is #72 in this thread.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #59
Mister Internet
GoFundMe pages for vet bills? For a bearded dragon? Is this a real thing now?

If you have that little money that you have to ask strangers for a couple hundred dollars for a vet visit, you have NO BUSINESS even OWNING ANY animals, much less buying new ones!

This whole thing stinks. I don't believe the OP's version of events at all.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #60
snowolf182
I just completed a transaction with pat. Bought 3 adult bearded dragons. Didn’t have any issues. Pat held them for a week for me after I selected them (had to get paid) Waited for appropriate temps to ship.. and they where all sent in a styrofoam padded box, in reptile bags with heating pads...

We kept in constant contact until they arrived this morning, I had a smooth experience over all I’m sorry this happened with your dragon but Pats a pretty stand up guy. Funds get held by PayPal until the claim is resolved.. so he literally wouldn’t be able to refund you unless you resolve the problem.

Is this something that could have happened from outside temps when the dragon was shipped to you maybe? I just put mine in their enclosures about 45 minutes ago. Waiting on them to heat up and get active:- but so far they seem pretty healthy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
snared99