Rubber Boa in need of new home/Oregon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-29-2004, 04:38 PM   #1
Nita
Rubber Boa in need of new home/Oregon

Hi, My daughter is no longer interested in snakes and would like to sell her rubber boa (think it is female) to fund her 4-H project. She is asking $60 or $100 with tank. The tank is a 30 gallon I believe and has the screen cover. The snake is an olive green beautiful snake and is about 2.5 feet long.

Old 09-02-2004, 08:35 AM   #2
rockdr1969
Interested in your Rubber Boa

Hi,

I live in Louisville, Kentucky and am having a hard time finding Rubber Boas in my area. I would be interested in your snake without the tank. Would you be interested in shipping? If so, what are the charges? How would you want your money? I have a paypal account. Do you have any pictures? Is the animal in good health? Thanks in advance for you time. My address is 605 Ervay Avenue, Louisville, Kentucky 40217.

Scott Collins

Old 09-02-2004, 04:10 PM   #3
Nita
She had babies

Well...we changed our minds because she just had 4 babies but we might be intersted in the future to sell the babies once they are established. We're having a hard time getting them to eat frozen pinkies. Then when we feed live pinkies sometimes they don't eat them and the pinkie dies. Any one have any good tricks to get them to eat frozen thawed.
Thanks Nita

Old 09-03-2004, 10:08 AM   #4
rockdr1969
Interested in a baby

Hi,

Well congradulations! You must be happy/surprised! I would be interested in one of the babies. If you can get them established, I would be interested in a male, if available. Again, you would have to ship, since I live in Louisville, Kentucky. Please keep me in mind if all works out. I am very interested as these snakes are hard to find.

I read where you can brain the pinkies. This process is sort of gross, but you make a hole in the pinky's head and squeeze out some of the contents. You can place it in a small container with the baby snake and see what happens.

Please keep in touch! I can provide you my address and phone number if that would help. Let me know what the price of one of your babies will be. Thanks so much!

Scott

Old 09-03-2004, 12:20 PM   #5
Nita
It was a big suprise. We had her with another snake earlier this year and then we gave the other snake to my nephew (he just recently gave it back.) So I guess the other snake was a male. I went to refil their water and I saw this little head pop out of the bark. I looked at it all confused for a moment then we took all the snakes out (we have three adults 2 24 inch ones and one 19 inch one) And lo and behold 4 pinkish colored babies. So adorable. I think my other female might also be pregnant as she is fasting. I have wasted so many pinkies lately. I think I might have to invest in a breeding pair of mice. I will definatly let you know when I am selling any. I never really wanted this many snakes...its the husband abnd the girls that are fascinated with them. I must say though that I have become a little more fascinated since the babies were born.
Nita

Old 10-09-2004, 10:45 PM   #6
Sand&SunReptile
How did all the babies turn out? Do you have pictures of any of them?

Old 10-09-2004, 11:07 PM   #7
Nita
HI, They are doing great. I still haven't gotten them to eat but I have some pinky's in with them now. I'll take some good pictures of them in the morning. They are really cute kind of pink color on their belly. They had umbilical cords and everything.

Old 10-09-2004, 11:12 PM   #8
Sand&SunReptile
Sounds good. I'd love to have one, when they are established feeders.
Have they eaten live pinkies, or no eating yet at all?

Old 10-09-2004, 11:15 PM   #9
Sand&SunReptile
Forgot to ask, how much do you want for a baby? Im not close enough to you for pickup, are you willing to ship?

Old 10-10-2004, 04:03 PM   #10
Nita
Can you email personally. N_Shannon@msn.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!