Bad Guy Alex Estrada - Imperial Geckos misrepresented tortoises for sale - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:57 AM   #91
chongorojo
You can always post a for sale ad stating where they came from and WHY it is you are reselling them... lots of agrivation and lost business for a few bucks on the sellers part imo.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #92
marku1999
Here is the latest

I had a vet appt scheduled for October 6th to take the tortoises in for a positive ID (as proof for paypal that they were not as described).

On October 3rd I got a message from paypal that they had decided in my favor with the steps to resolution (return of the animals).

So, I informed the vets office I did not need the appointment.
I notified the seller and returned the animals.
Within a few days Paypal refunded my money (less shipping charges).

I would not count on this happening again with paypal. I have had far more egregious transactions in the past where paypal did not find in my favor (including one where nothing was ever sent to me and paypal still did not find in my favor), but in this particular case it turned out to be a help (though I lost on shipping I do consider it a victory).

Thanks to all for your help and support throughout the ordeal.
I hope this thread will act as a warning to others about buying from this seller (who now has the red foots back so they may end up listed here again).

Old 10-17-2017, 10:51 AM   #93
nickolasanastasiou
I am glad to read PayPal decided in your favor, Mark.

A shame that it took PayPal to do that when the seller could have taken responsibility for his mislabeling. At this point, he has been well informed on what does and does not constitute a cherryhead and what does and does not constitute a hypo, so there appears to no adequate justification.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #94
Bryan S
A definite win for you. The seller botched this deal in almost every way imaginable.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #95
KNOBTAIL
Very surprised, and happy for you. PayPal, has no love for the pet industry disputes(on living materials). Most of the time they will decline and refer to the card comany who backs up PayPal when making a purchase. Imperial is left with a permanent scar that will be quite visible here. I see they are still advertising . Buyer beware. Congratulations again.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #96
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
At this point, he has been well informed on what does and does not constitute a cherryhead and what does and does not constitute a hypo, so there appears to no adequate justification.
*shrug*
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2017, 06:52 PM   #97
Bryan S
Yikes, I guess on the bright side there's not the Brazilian Cherryhead lie in that ad just the the Ivory or Hypo part. I guess it's too hard to say "super cool looking redfoots" because it won't return the same price.

For sale, a 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS big block. Thanks for the payment, now here's the Ford Pinto that you paid for......

Old 10-17-2017, 06:54 PM   #98
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan S View Post
Yikes, I guess on the bright side there's not the Brazilian Cherryhead lie in that ad just the the Ivory or Hypo part. I guess it's too hard to say "super cool looking redfoots" because it won't return the same price.

For sale, a 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS big block. Thanks for the payment, now here's the Ford Pinto that you paid for......
There is.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:57 PM   #99
Bryan S
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
There is.
Whoops, I missed the thread title. Yikes.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:34 PM   #100
Snake-Queen
SMH
He is definitely a scammer at this point. He has been well informed that they are not cherryheads.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!