Bad Guy Alex Estrada - Imperial Geckos misrepresented tortoises for sale - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:12 PM   #11
marku1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongorojo View Post
Because they were labeled improperly as HYPOS would be my guess, possible the op doesnt have a ton of experience with Hypo cherry heads but does with normal cherry heads, that ad had me looking too, but as they were misrepresented all together the seller needs to issue a return imo.

Not many are going to support a seller that wont back their products. Now a seller that misrepresents locales, serious buyers will avoid like the plague.
Thanks, I feel the same way. I asked the seller to refund - which he refused. I also asked him to exchange these for true cherry heads and got no response.

He still contends these are cherry heads.

Someone asked for photos, here is the plastron of the one pictured in the ad
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2017, 02:14 PM   #12
marku1999
I did not receive photos of this animal. We made the agreement by phone - again stating they are cherryheads.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2017, 02:17 PM   #13
nickolasanastasiou
Yeah, that is a classic Northern plastron pattern in the photos of posts eleven and twelve.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #14
marku1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Also, just to show what a true hypo looks like, I will include a photo of a young one.

As you can see, the animals in the ad (the photos of which were included above) were neither cherryhead/Brazilian nor hypo. Granted, true hypos can cause some pattern distortions and cause erasure of pattern on the plastron (and elsewhere) as a visual effect of the morph, but the advertised animals are not hypos in the first place so that argument would not apply.

I really hope the seller goes with the simplest solution of return -> refund -> relabel -> resell.
Thanks for your photos and valuable information.

I politely asked for a refund and was refused. The seller still contends (as of last pm from l10:34 pm last night) that these are brazilian cherry heads. Here is that message

Mark,

I'll be blunt. If they are uniquely colored/ "hypo looking" Cherryheads, wouldn't they be a different color? I don't understand how you go from being excited to receive them, after seeing clear photo's of them (you couldn't tell they weren't "cherryheads" before??), then a member of this forum responds on my ad claiming they aren't Cherryheads and a few others join the bandwagon, and you are having regrets on buying them because you now believe the negative individuals. I don't know what other way to tell you this but they are Brazilians. I'm not playing games and I would have sold them as normal redfoots if that's what they were. I am a man of my word and the distributor I received these Cherryheads from has been a reputable business for over 60 years and would not have put wool over my eyes.

Mark, what you purchased were uniquely colored Cherryheads, and thats what you received. I'm sorry if you are experiencing a sort of buyers remorse but they are what I sold them as. Uniquely colored Cherryheads.

I tried to remedy your dissatisfaction however, our policy stands and we do not accept returns.

Regards,

Alex

Old 08-30-2017, 02:21 PM   #15
Snake-Queen
Has the seller been notified of this thread? Maybe if he sees the consensus that the animals were mislabeled, either by who he got them from or by himself.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:25 PM   #16
turtletary
Am 99% sure I know the breeder that hatched those advertised - not from Brazil - how's this for "Noses" and "Carapace" and "Plastron" of hatchlings / yearlings -

Old 08-30-2017, 03:31 PM   #17
turtletary
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletary View Post
Am 99% sure I know the breeder that hatched those advertised - not from Brazil - how's this for "Noses" and "Carapace" and "Plastron" of hatchlings / yearlings -

Mark and Nick .. you think these are Brazilians?

Old 08-30-2017, 03:36 PM   #18
turtletary
You too Bryan.. thanks - and Carl..

Old 08-30-2017, 03:40 PM   #19
marku1999
Quote:
Mark and Nick .. you think these are Brazilians?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...es/exactly.gif

Old 08-30-2017, 03:43 PM   #20
marku1999
Quote:
You too Bryan.. thanks - and Carl..
Sorry for the above post - was trying to be funny.

Yes, those sure look like cherryheads to me.

Still no response for the seller, he was on here viewing the thread but no contact.

Thanks for all the great photos and info! Keep it coming.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!