Bad Guy Alex Estrada - Imperial Geckos misrepresented tortoises for sale - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:46 PM   #21
turtletary
Nick.. how's this for a "Black-Cherry"?

Old 08-30-2017, 03:51 PM   #22
turtletary
That first one was not the pic I accessed.. maybe this one -

Old 08-30-2017, 04:19 PM   #23
nickolasanastasiou
This is about the dispute between the seller and buyer. My examples were for illustrative references for the sake of those unfamiliar with the Brazilian carbonaria locality and the hypo morph since those were what were involved in the labeling discrepancy. I only posted photos for that on-topic reason and it is not an ID thread beyond the core of the disagreement between the parties.

Images on the BOI, hopefully to be used as evidence or support in a discussion regarding the parties involved, need to be attached via the forum's attachment function.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:05 PM   #24
Shaun Roberson
In fairness to the seller, the only justification the seller is giving is that basically the person he got them from told him they were Brazilians,so they must be. So, it is possible he was misled and is not the one doing the intentional misleading, but that doesn't change what they are, which is a common(even if not the most common) phenotype of hatchling Northerns.

It is an unfortunate naming convention as Nick mentioned; having an all red head is neither a sufficient nor even a necessary condition to be a "cherryhead".

Old 08-30-2017, 08:14 PM   #25
Herpin Man
Since the seller states that he bought them as hypo or hypo looking cherry heads from a reputable distributor, perhaps it would be useful for all concerned if he would provide supporting documentation to that effect. If I were the seller, I would think that such documentation would support my case.
I have bought from Alex before, and he seems like a nice guy. I think he is a young guy trying to build his business and reputation, and I sincerely hope that he succeeds. With that in mind, I hope that he will either provide documentation as to the origin/lineage of these animals, or refund the customer and take them back.
I know policy is policy, but a little flexibility in working with the customer usually provides a much greater long term benefit than the short term benefit of a single transaction.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:29 PM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
Since the seller states that he bought them as hypo or hypo looking cherry heads from a reputable distributor, perhaps it would be useful for all concerned if he would provide supporting documentation to that effect. If I were the seller, I would think that such documentation would support my case.
I have bought from Alex before, and he seems like a nice guy. I think he is a young guy trying to build his business and reputation, and I sincerely hope that he succeeds. With that in mind, I hope that he will either provide documentation as to the origin/lineage of these animals, or refund the customer and take them back.
I know policy is policy, but a little flexibility in working with the customer usually provides a much greater long term benefit than the short term benefit of a single transaction.

I think if a customer says a critter is mislabelled, the seller should investigate and not chalk the issue up to buyer's remorse without further looking into the issue.
There are some areas where fraudulent labelling is rampant, fine art for instance, or expensive imported clothing. A seller accused of selling fakes has his reputation on the line and can't just say that he was told the item was genuine.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:34 PM   #27
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
I think he is a young guy trying to build his business and reputation,
Flexibility is the key to building a good reputation. Just stating it is not our policy to accept returns is not going to help build his reputation, especially since the tortoises were mislabeled.

OP, how did you pay?

Old 08-30-2017, 09:15 PM   #28
turtletary
Hopefully these examples also won't get deleted - showing "NOSES" and "CARAPACE" and "PLASTRON" of hatchling Brazilian Redfoots -

Old 08-30-2017, 10:26 PM   #29
Bryan S
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletary View Post
You too Bryan.. thanks - and Carl..
Yes I do. As Nickolas said, we have well established photos of what Brazilians and hypo's look like. It's possible that the seller is innocent here because either the seller was sold a bill of goods by the person that he got them from or he is unsure of the difference between different locales of Carbonaria. Either way,the buyer should not be stuck with these animals when he is sure that they are not what they were sold as. Had they been Brazilian hypo's there would've been another "0" on the end of the price tag. I hope that the seller reconsiders his position, has these animals sent back to him and simply sells them as "high color" redfoots. Mistakes happen, we are all human and he would not be the first or last person to sell non Brazilian animals as Cherryheads, but there needs to be accountability somewhere along the line here.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:16 PM   #30
tlmoon
Hmmm, I hope that the seller does the right thing and refunds the buyer. It seems pretty clear these were misrepresented.

UNknowingly misrepresenting the animals can happen, and as Nick pointed out a quick refund and acknowledgement of the mistake could fix this red flag against the seller. I'm sure these mistakes happen, but it's how you fix it that matters.

Refusing to accept reality and repeating the bit about a policy against refunds - pretty questionable tactics by the seller and one I would probably avoid doing any business with this seller (kind of ironic to have a policy against refunds but not about misrepresenting animals). Other people shouldn't have to pay the price for another person's ignorance about the animal in question.

KNOWINGLY misrepresenting animals is scammer territory and I hope the seller is not in this third category. Time will tell, I suppose.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!