Bad Guy Alex Estrada - Imperial Geckos misrepresented tortoises for sale - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:03 AM   #31
bklynsfinest312
IMO i do not believe he misrepresented them on purpose. But with that being said if a refund has not been issued yet it makes the seller seem sketchy. Especially because it has been clearly pointed out these are not cherry heads. Advice to the seller do not let this ruin your reputation just refund the customer and apologize for the confusion.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:21 AM   #32
marku1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynsfinest312 View Post
IMO i do not believe he misrepresented them on purpose. But with that being said if a refund has not been issued yet it makes the seller seem sketchy. Especially because it has been clearly pointed out these are not cherry heads. Advice to the seller do not let this ruin your reputation just refund the customer and apologize for the confusion.

I pm'd the seller this message last night
"
I am pretty sure you have seen the thread on the BOI, but it is located here
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=631872

Based on the consensus of the thread, they are NOT cherry heads. Are you willing to work on a resolution yet? "

Unfortunately, the seller has not issued a refund or even responded to me.
Based on his statement that he bought them as cherry heads I assumed he would contact his distributor today (that is just an assumption, I have not received any communication from him since this thread was posted).

Old 08-31-2017, 11:26 AM   #33
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by marku1999 View Post
or even responded to me.
And that is what people will see when they read this thread. An accidental misrepresentation is one thing. But poor communication translates into poor customer service, and people will see that if they deal with this seller and there is an issue, he may handle it this way for them too.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:04 PM   #34
turtletary
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
This is about the dispute between the seller and buyer. My examples were for illustrative references for the sake of those unfamiliar with the Brazilian carbonaria locality and the hypo morph since those were what were involved in the labeling discrepancy. I only posted photos for that on-topic reason and it is not an ID thread beyond the core of the disagreement between the parties.

Images on the BOI, hopefully to be used as evidence or support in a discussion regarding the parties involved, need to be attached via the forum's attachment function.
That's exactly what I was attempting to show Nick - examples of 'morphs' from otherwise "normal" parents. Those 'morphs' hatched among clutches of others that look normal - regardless they still look notably Brazilian!

It was all I could do to even find this BOI [ was sent a link ] let alone attach the pics using this software.. not friendly for me anyway - I apologize everyone.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:23 PM   #35
bklynsfinest312
Doesnt make any sense all he is doing is digging himself a deeper hole by not answering or giving you a refund.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Old 08-31-2017, 12:27 PM   #36
Snake-Queen
The longer the seller avoids this thread, regardless of his opinion on the tortoises, the more he appears sketchy.

If he bought them as cherryheads and just went on what they were sold to him as, he should state that here.

It is very obvious, even to me (a novice in torts) that the ones the OP received are not cherryheads.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:03 PM   #37
nicksgrl26
I have bought a blue tongue skink from him and he sent me pics and answered all my questions pretty quickly when I asked. The sale went well and he was very responsive. He even guaranteed his guess on the sex even though it was only behavioral observations or he would replace her with her confirmed sister. Above and beyond really in the BTS world.

There has been a super nasty hurricane in the past week (and it sucked, I was in the middle of it) but maybe that has something to do with his sluggish replies. I don't know if it did effect him (or a relative since he's not actually in tx) or not, but I'd probably allow a tiny bit of leeway this week.

On a side note, my whole transaction was done over messenger on his facebook business page, Imperial Reptiles and Exotics, so it may be easier to get a hold of him there.

As for this problem, it seems to have been proven that its not a cherry head by some knowledgeable tortoise people on here, so I think he deserves a refund. I hope everything works out well for both parties.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:10 PM   #38
Beyond GenetiX
I would agree with a little leeway except for the fact he is posting ads on here continually and he knows about this thread.
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2017, 04:18 PM   #39
marku1999
He is actually viewing the thread right now!
Please scroll all the way down (past my reply windows where you see my typed reply), Imperial geckos is the 4th name listed from the left. He is well aware of this thread and has been on here multiple times since it was posted.
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2017, 04:21 PM   #40
nicksgrl26
I didn't realize he was posting ads when I made the post. I guess I may be projecting some of my issues from this weekend. I probably also give the benefit of the doubt a little too often sometimes.

I still had a good transaction with him though, I hope he comes on to tell his side of the story and everything gets worked out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!