Bad Guy Alex Estrada - Imperial Geckos misrepresented tortoises for sale - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:32 PM   #51
turtletary
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletary View Post
Early hatchling - NOT a hypo and Not a Bolivian.. obviously!

Make that Brazilian / Cherryhead

Old 09-02-2017, 03:47 PM   #52
nickolasanastasiou
Terry, this thread is not about you. Knock off the look-at-me show-and-tell. Ample examples have been provided. And stop breaking the attachment rule for images to boot.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:42 PM   #53
turtletary
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Terry, this thread is not about you. Knock off the look-at-me show-and-tell. Ample examples have been provided. And stop breaking the attachment rule for images to boot.
Finally found the rule Nick - Addendum - 10-26-2014 - New infraction added. Won't happen again.

Rest assured.. at my age I sure don't need any "strokes" - misunderstand / am misunderstood... enough as it is...

Old 09-05-2017, 01:54 PM   #54
SoCalAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
chelonian parkour skills
First of all, that is one of the best lines I've ever read here.

It's really too bad that this doesn't seem like it's going to work out in the OP's favor. Fortunately the animals appear to be healthy enough to resell, so there is some saving grace in this.

Trying to stand behind "all sales are final" is a joke. This is as bad as sending someone a female when they expected a male, maybe even more so.

At this point, it doesn't matter if the mislabel was intentional or ignorant. The way he conducts business is at the forefront, and so far he's incompetent at identifying what he sells, and unwilling to make things right after he's made a clear mistake. A one way ticket to a "bad guy" thread.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:00 AM   #55
Bryan S
It's very unfortunate that the seller was willing to quickly try to shoot down the claims that these were not Brazilians in the for sale thread even from someone as knowledgeable and experienced as Carl May, yet he is now nowhere to be found in this thread. Is it at all possible to carry over those conversations to this thread since that thread is no longer around? At least that will allow some insight into the seller's position and claims since he seems content not to say anything himself.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:30 PM   #56
marku1999
I would strongly advise EVERYONE to stay clear of this seller.

I opened a claim in paypal and he is still claiming it's a cherry head even though it has been proven and over in this thread (and one of the original ads) that it is not.

I really hope people see this and stop buying from him.

Here are the comments on the case so far (newest at the top)

9/8/2017 14:26 EDT - Buyer: The animal I purchased is not as described, it was labeled as a cherry head which it is NOT. I have provided ample proof of claim to seller, but seller not willing to exchange or refund.
9/8/2017 14:24 EDT - Buyer: Except it is not a cherry head. Misidentified/ not as described.
9/8/2017 14:21 EDT - Seller: Item(Unique Colored Cherry Head Red Foot Tortoise) was exactly as pictured and described. I have already responded stating our policy on returns and refunds.
9/8/2017 12:36 EDT - Buyer: Seller sent the wrong item, I have requested a refund from seller who is not responding.

Old 09-08-2017, 03:17 PM   #57
KNOBTAIL
I doubt PayPal will honor your claim for the following reasons. First of all, you still have the tortoise. Secondly, PayPal is not a favorable recipient of animal claims .

Apparently the seller does not care. Your only recourse is to try and resell the tortoise if you can or keep it. This louse still continues to advertise here as well as Kingsnake. Thats the sad thing about it. Their avenues should be cut off. Then you would get a response.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:29 PM   #58
bcr229
PP may also decide for the seller since he did send the animal pictured in the ad.

How did you back up your PayPal payment? If you used a credit card then you have recourse through them as well. If you used your checking account or PayPal balance then you're stuck with PayPal's decision.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:28 PM   #59
Bryan S
Quote:
Originally Posted by marku1999 View Post
I would strongly advise EVERYONE to stay clear of this seller.

I opened a claim in paypal and he is still claiming it's a cherry head even though it has been proven and over in this thread (and one of the original ads) that it is not.

I really hope people see this and stop buying from him.

Here are the comments on the case so far (newest at the top)

9/8/2017 14:26 EDT - Buyer: The animal I purchased is not as described, it was labeled as a cherry head which it is NOT. I have provided ample proof of claim to seller, but seller not willing to exchange or refund.
9/8/2017 14:24 EDT - Buyer: Except it is not a cherry head. Misidentified/ not as described.
9/8/2017 14:21 EDT - Seller: Item(Unique Colored Cherry Head Red Foot Tortoise) was exactly as pictured and described. I have already responded stating our policy on returns and refunds.
9/8/2017 12:36 EDT - Buyer: Seller sent the wrong item, I have requested a refund from seller who is not responding.
Not sure if it would be worth your time to point PayPal to this thread because anyone that claims that those animals are Brazilian is either ignorant to Redfoot locales or full of it and trying to sell another cheaper locale for Brazilian Cherryhead money. Maybe he could have the people that he bought the animals from speak up for him and try to convince us that they are Brazilian Cherryheads so that we can shoot their opinion full of holes and so that they can also be lumped in with this seller. Regardless of the outcome from PayPal, anyone that reads this thread will know exactly what this seller is all about so it will cost him a lot more in sales than it would've cost him if he did the right thing and took the animals back and refunded you.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:54 PM   #60
KNOBTAIL
You loose ! it makes no difference while you are holding the tortoise and expect PayPal or the credit card company to accept the chargeback .

Thats why these businesses set up there TOS with making sure you pay for the shipping back. A perfect example is Big Apple Herps. same MO. You certainly can file a claim, but the question will come as to where is the merchandise. While in your possession, its yours. This would even hold true if the items in question came DOA. Claim or no claim.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!