Bad Guy Alex Estrada - Imperial Geckos misrepresented tortoises for sale - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #61
Bryan S
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
You loose ! it makes no difference while you are holding the tortoise and expect PayPal or the credit card company to accept the chargeback .

Thats why these businesses set up there TOS with making sure you pay for the shipping back. A perfect example is Big Apple Herps. same MO. You certainly can file a claim, but the question will come as to where is the merchandise. While in your possession, its yours. This would even hold true if the items in question came DOA. Claim or no claim.
Bull**** is still bull**** no matter what anyone decides to call it. Regardless of what anyone on the financial sector decides due to their rules the seller has shown that he is willing to misrepresent animals for a buck and when called on it hides behind his "no return" policy instead of making it right. The buyer may lose the cost of the animals and in terms of not getting what he was told that the animals were but make no mistake about it, the seller will be the ultimate loser in this situation by losing business as long as this thread is around for perspective buyers to see.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #62
marku1999
Thanks for all the input.

I realize there is a good chance I lose. However, I want to pursue every avenue that I can. If I lose, then I will re-sell the animals and move on. I don't want to sell them before the PP claim is settled (just in case I do win).

This is really the point to this whole thread (as posted by Bryan S above)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan S View Post
Regardless of the outcome from PayPal, anyone that reads this thread will know exactly what this seller is all about so it will cost him a lot more in sales than it would've cost him if he did the right thing and took the animals back and refunded you.
Before I paid the seller I searched the BOI, and he was/is a certified "Good Guy" so I didn't hesitate to send him payment. Had I found a thread like this I would not have been so eager to send off my money.

Hopefully this all saves someone else from going through this (or worse problems) with UN-trustworthy sellers such as this.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:36 PM   #63
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by marku1999 View Post
Thanks for all the input.

I realize there is a good chance I lose. However, I want to pursue every avenue that I can. If I lose, then I will re-sell the animals and move on. I don't want to sell them before the PP claim is settled (just in case I do win).

This is really the point to this whole thread (as posted by Bryan S above)

Before I paid the seller I searched the BOI, and he was/is a certified "Good Guy" so I didn't hesitate to send him payment. Had I found a thread like this I would not have been so eager to send off my money.

Hopefully this all saves someone else from going through this (or worse problems) with UN-trustworthy sellers such as this.
I wonder if they can lose their good guy certificate? Would it come from one transaction or more than one?

I would think his avoidance of this this thread speaks volumes.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:42 PM   #64
KNOBTAIL
I empathize with your situation, and i understand it as i experienced a similar experience. In my situation, the lizard in question was blind when received.

Never had made the trip back to NY when purchased by Apple. I spoke to the credit card company in length. The card company will NOT accept videos nor a doctors diagnosis. They just wanted to know who had the animal. Apple's position was even if returned, if it arrived dead, it would be at your loss, and that would include the overnight. We made the hard choice of keeping this $ 500. baby until it succumbed.

We can only advise others to be cautious about the return policies, regardless of how they may appear as "reliable " to deal with. My situation is very well documented, I think even on Fauna. Its been several years now. Any new claims against Big Apple are always the same. Good luck .

Old 09-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #65
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
I wonder if they can lose their good guy certificate? Would it come from one transaction or more than one?

I would think his avoidance of this this thread speaks volumes.
Anyone can vote against his good guy certificate, I have already. I posted a link several posts back.

I reached out to him several times through Pm, with no response. People make mistakes, it's how we handle the mistakes that actually sets us apart. Definitely a bad guy in my book!

Old 09-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #66
Beyond GenetiX
Again for convenience

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=302628

Old 09-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #67
bklynsfinest312
How do you vote?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Old 09-09-2017, 05:22 PM   #68
Beyond GenetiX
Does this not come up for you when you go to the link?
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2017, 05:28 PM   #69
bklynsfinest312
Nah this is what comes up

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Old 09-09-2017, 05:54 PM   #70
marku1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet76 View Post
Does this not come up for you when you go to the link?
No, I get this

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!