Action Needed for NC Residents - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:54 AM   #1
WestExHerps
Action Needed for NC Residents

Hey guys, I know there are some NC people here. I want you to be aware of the current bill under discussion. Currently the Big 5 constrictors, venomous that are not native, and several mammals fall in this bill. Please, I urge any resident of NC to visit www.ncark.org for information about the bill and what you can do to stop it. If you own any reptiles in NC make your voice heard. If this bill passes it will be much easier for API and others to get new animals added to the list later. Protect your rights and your animals. Let me know if you want more information.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
greg4000
what are the big 5? im going to be relocating soon and would like to know.
thanks, greg

Old 04-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
dumje
The problem with most reptiles is the owners that do not follow the rules...In Florida we have had rules on venomous for years...I for one support the regulations of all wildlife in all states...just follow the rules or do whats being done in our state and form a comitte to help mold the rules to the liking of law abiding citizens. regulation will help prevent problems that may occur with animals that are sometimes dangerous when the wrong people have them in inproper conditions.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
paul e
i live in NC, and have noticed in recent yrs, a few not so normal pets get loose, like a tiger or lion, that had been kept in cages in someones backyard, this is why animals end up on a list. i think there should be a list and if you own one of the animals on the list, you should have to prove YOU can provide a proper enviroment for the well being of the animal, its absolutely inhumane to keep a tiger in a cage in your backyard, as for snakes its equally inhumane to keep a 20 ft snake in a small enclosure.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #5
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg4000
what are the big 5? im going to be relocating soon and would like to know.
thanks, greg
I am not a NC resident but I read the bill and am not sure the big 5 that he refers to. In reptiles they refer to:

Class Reptilia:

a. Order Crocodilia – all species.

b. Order Squamata:

1. Family Helodermatidae – all species.

2. Family Boidae – only green anaconda.

3. Family Pythonidae – only Amethystine python, African rock python, and Reticulated python.

4. All venomous snakes not indigenous to North Carolina.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!