Special discount just for you!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:53 PM   #1
WebSlave
Special discount just for you!!

So I get this email from Best Buy, and as per the past two years, they are offering me the following sort of birthday gift.

Quote:
Celebrate Your Birthday with 10% Off a Select Item

Choose a qualifying product to receive your birthday discount. See exclusions below.*
Available: OnlineMobile AppIn Store
Valid Jun 24, 2020 - Jul 31, 2020.
How to get this deal:

1. Select Shop Now below
2. Sign in or create an account
3. Apply this offer during checkout

Note: You'll see this offer applied AFTER you hit Apply on the payment page.
I actually used this last year to buy a Parrot Anafi drone.

But wait a minute! What is that "exclusion list"? I don't remember seeing that last year. Let's take a look at it.

Quote:
*Excludes Apple® products; Magnolia Design Center products; Amazon voice assistant and streaming players; Google voice assistant, Chromecast and Chromecast Audio; Bose® audio products; SONOS; Polk Audio; Denon; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Blu-ray and DVD players; Sony home audio, TVs and 3D glasses, Blu-ray players, DVD players and set top boxes; select LG TVs and Blu-ray players, select Sharp TVs; TCL TVs; all gaming consoles; Leap Motion Controller; Wacom stylus; subscription software services; kate spade new york tech accessories, headphones and portable speakers; POSA cards; Sony camcorders, digital cameras, Alpha cameras, NEX cameras; Canon DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras, XA and XF series camcorders, lenses and flashes, G1X, G1X MARK II, G7X, N2, N100, S120, SX50, SX60 and G16; Nikon DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras, lenses and flashes, Coolpix A, P340, P530, P600, P610 and S810c; GoPro cameras and accessories; Olympus point and shoot cameras, interchangeable-lens cameras, lenses; Drones $499 and up; unlocked phones; contract mobile phones; mobile broadband devices; digital music services and download cards; Electrolux major appliances; air conditioners, fans and dehumidifiers; Dyson; Pacific Sales products; Vitamix, Breville, Capital Brands, Nespresso; Magnolia products: Samsung TVs, sound bars and Blu-ray players, Sony TVs, Blu-ray players and projectors, Sharp TVs, LG TVs, Sunbrite TVs; Epson projectors, JVC projectors; iRobot; Sennheiser, Bowers & Wilkins, Rotel, MartinLogan, McIntosh, Universal Remote Control, Arcam, Peachtree, Savant, Sonus faber, Oppo and special order merchandise; special order, clearance, refurbished, pre-owned and open-box items; gift cards; taxes. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per customer, per household. Valid on in-stock items only.
Aiiiiiee!! What exactly CAN I use this with? Especially anything I might actually WANT to buy? Honestly? WAY too much trouble.

I stopped dealing with Guitar Center for this exact same reason. They used to hold sales (perhaps they still do, I haven't been back to them) but they would have a list of exclusions as long as your arm. Just wasn't worth the hassle, and to me it just slapped me in the face. So screw them. I don't buy ANYTHING from them any longer. And I can see where the same thing is going to happen with Best Buy. Which would be unfortunate, as they really are the only game in town around here any longer to buy consumer electronics.

I would like to give them a piece of my mind, but Best Buy is among the growing number of online businesses that have ceased offering email contact to their customer service people. In other words, don't bug us. Just give us your money and leave us alone.

Honestly, if it weren't for this coronavirus thing, I would think hard about taking advantage of this other part of the offer:
Quote:
In Store

Print this page and show it when you check out in store.

Print page with bar code.
Just grab items I know are on the exclusion list and take it to the cashier and make them tell me it is not eligible for the discount. Then go back to get something else. Over and over again until MAYBE someone gets the point I am trying to make. If you are offering a gift, don't put so many damned strings attached to it!

Being retired, yes, I do have that kind of time available to tweak someone's nose. Never been thrown out of a Best Buy before, but I guess there could be a first time for everything. And the beauty of it is that this month I will be 70 years old and can act(?) like one of those crotchety old people that would drive me nuts when I was younger. My turn now!

Old 07-02-2020, 09:01 PM   #2
Randall Turner
Geeze that exclusion list is infuriating... I purchase a lot from best buy, they have the best selection of appliances around here so they're my go to when something breaks. Too bad they're so terrible regarding customer service.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:59 PM   #3
WebSlave
Well, just for chuckles I went to Best Buy's website and took a look at a few items there. Best I could tell they were offering me that birthday discount for nearly everything I looked at, including items that were specifically on that exclusion list. Of course, I didn't actually buy anything and go through the checkout process, so who knows?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!