Bad Guy Another BAD GUY post for Robert Sloan/Hilliard - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:35 PM   #1
kingpinreptiles
Exclamation Another BAD GUY post for Robert Sloan/Hilliard

Was notified today of a post on facebook where someone is using my picture, trying to sell one of a kind animals that they do not own nor never would be able to own. The animals in question are Albino FL Scarlet Snakes, and Robert Sloan aka Robert Hilliard is trying to scam people into buying Hets and/or Albinos from this project, when I have the ONLY ones known to currently exist. I posted on the page to remove my pic and he became confrontational, telling me to prove its my pic....

It has since come to my attention that he is advertising these animals to set people up in stings for TX fish and game, to lessen his own charges. Just doesnt make sense hes using a pic that is clearly mine, of an animal nobody else has access to.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
LauraB
Thanks for the warning.

However, if you want to avoid infractions here, remove the profanities from your jpg's before you post them.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #3
LauraB
or just blacken them in a paint program

Old 02-23-2017, 08:12 PM   #4
kingpinreptiles
Yeah Im posting from a phone that has no memory on it as is so I cant really pull that off. I think the profanity helps get the point across of how much of a scum bag this guy really is. We're all adults here and even if theres kids here theres nothing here anyone hasnt heard or read before. If you want to remove those pics feel free.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:06 PM   #5
tlmoon
He seems like a very unpleasant person that I would never want to do business with, and using somebody else's pictures/reputation is definitely scammer behavior. Thanks for posting, hopefully he doesn't rip anybody off.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:50 AM   #6
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinreptiles View Post
Yeah Im posting from a phone that has no memory on it as is so I cant really pull that off. I think the profanity helps get the point across of how much of a scum bag this guy really is. We're all adults here and even if theres kids here theres nothing here anyone hasnt heard or read before. If you want to remove those pics feel free.
I understand about posting from your phone. And, no I am not offended by your posts, nor can I remove the screen caps. I'm adult too, lol. Nothing I ain't seen, heard or likely said (in my real life). The profanity does get the point across, but is in violation of the rules here. I was only cautioning you.
Please read the site rules here.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=8880

I do appreciate the update on Sloan ... he does have a bad, bad history in the industry and should absolutely be avoided.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:04 AM   #7
Its_JoeyHello
The yankee part cracked me up, dixie rage! Complete scam though thank you for the notification.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:10 AM   #8
kingpinreptiles
Lol its funny I come here to make sure people dont get scammed, and I get an "infraction" for posting screenshots with vulgar language. Yet I see you people rip others apart complaining about they dont include all correspondence. Last time I post on the BOI. Thanks for nothing guys, youre all great, thumbs up.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:15 AM   #9
nickolasanastasiou
That is not accurate, Mike. Infractions have messages with them and those messages give a reason. I am confident that the mention of profanity and making the effort to edit the profanity is secondary to the primary issue. A profanity-driven infraction would have come with more points than the one you earned based on what I read of it.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:18 AM   #10
nickolasanastasiou
Oh, and as for the last time you post on the BOI thing, that is perfectly fine if that is what you want to do. I think you brought good information to light, but we all have to compose things with a certain amount of tact within the boundaries of the rules.

I would rather you not cease participating, but it is your choice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!