Bad Guy Casey Smith. Buyer Backs Out, what do you guys think? - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #81
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RILL View Post
Regardless of circumstances... business is business... bless your good heart for refunding... he got lucky he wasnt dealing with the hardcore business type.

"F#ck you, pay me" - Goodfellas
I'm sure it would help many of you to feed at someone elses trough.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #82
2RILL
Name a successful business company that honors "circumstances" such as those... I'm not trying to get personal... business is business is the point iam trying to make here... if you're taking an opinion that you basically asked for personal... I'm very sorry because that is not my intention at all

Old 11-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #83
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Name a successful business company that honors "circumstances" such as those... I'm not trying to get personal... business is business is the point iam trying to make here... if you're taking an opinion that you basically asked for personal... I'm very sorry because that is not my intention at all
Not personal at all, and not directed solely at anyone. Although I did quote your post. Unless I'm having a "reading comprehension problem" you need to re-read your own post (the bolded above). You just basically said what I have been saying all along.

Quote:
he got lucky he wasnt dealing with the hardcore business type.
It's an individual decision, and successful businesses do not run up against these kinds of problems (whether to refund or not) because they have guidelines that direct them how to handle the situation. Unsuccessful businesses are those that run a business on whims that can vary from one situation to the next.

Nevermind, I see your post isn't exactly clear which stance you are taking. At one point you are patting the seller on the back for refunding the money and at the same time you seem to be insulting those that supported the "business" stance and the seller since he's following a whim and thus couldn't be considered "successful"...ummmm...it's all in the way one reads your post....

Good play.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #84
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Sorry if my post "offened" you, because you're right... I wasn't about to read the entire thread being that its 8 pages long and merely contains other's opinions. I figured the post was all I needed to reply and voice my opinion because your post had the basic info (made a deal with a guy and he didn't do his part), just wanted to explain myself to you... have a great night
I assure you nothing you can post will "offened" me. Your opinions aren't worth much though if you're not willing to read the threads to know what's going on. Very rarely is all the information included in the first post.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #85
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I do agree that, at this point, the seller is being a little petty in this little "game" he has begun playing with the buyer in some misguided attempt to teach him a lesson.

However, I would like to point a few things out and play Devil's Advocate here.

The wrist band he posted (which he should have blurred out the ID numbers from) is an E.R. Band. You can see where it says "Reg E.R." meaning "Registered in the E.R.". In my experience, when you are admitted to the hospital from the E.R. you are given another wrist band and the E.R. one is removed. The reasons behind this, from my experience, again, is that the bar code on the E.R. wrist band reacts different to actual hospital admissions wrist bands (i.e. when they give you medication and such, they scan your wrist band to put it into a computer and properly store information to lesson the chances of medication being given improperly).

Does this mean the wrist band posted was just for an E.R. visit? Not necessarily, seeing as how an appendectomy can be done via a laproscope nowadays and be an out-patient procedure (meaning, you leave the same day but are laid up for a little bit at home). Still, it is some food for thought.

Now, as far as people complaining about the buyer not bringing this to the attention of the seller sooner. Though I have insurance that covers my medical costs for hospitals 100%, I do know that some insurance companies who only cover partial costs, take a week or so to decide what they are going to pay and what they are not going to pay before billing the insured. Most of the time, this leaves people in the dark for just exactly how much they are going to have to pay for any given hospital visit since the pricing is vastly different from just going to a regular physician's office.

So, what is my point? My point is, the buyer may not been aware of just how much money he was going to end up owning the E.R. or the Hospital. The buyer may also have not wanted to just throw his personal life in the OP's face. I can understand that.

Is there a chance he is lying? Of course. But there is also a chance he is not and that is why this thread is here, because the OP himself was not sure.

At the end of the day, here is the bottom line ... TOS should be treated as a guideline, not something set in absolute stone. In the business world, you have to decide when to abide by them to the "T" and when you give some form of leniency. Some people will see such an act as weakness and opening yourself up to future issues of similar function, but unless you run around telling everyone what you did, how exactly would they know?

You did ask the guy for some form of proof. He provided it. Now you are being a jerk about giving him the money back. If you did not want to give him the money back then you should have just told him "I cannot due to my TOS, but I will credit you for a future purchase" or something to that effect. Allowing him the option to send you whatever proof he was willing to send put you in the position to honor your agreement and give back to the money. Do not act like you are doing some great thing by "annoying him for once".
This is a very good post, but I have a comment on the bolded part. Potential customers will know because of this BOI thread. If they search the sellers name, everything is here.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #86
MrBig
I completely disagree with all of you saying that this should not be in the BOI or that the buyer's name should not have been included. That's what this forum is for, so that if he contacts me about a payment plan; then I can come here and make my decision about wether to sell to him or not based on the facts presented. I do agree that it should have been an inquiry thread here, and that it should have been suggested to contact him far earlier then was done. As to the original issue, I feel that it is well within your rights to keep the refund, but I would offer him credit in that amount towards another purchase with no payment plans available. I don't enter into payment plans without having the money to pay in full, I may not want to part with it all at the time of purchase, but I won't enter a payment plan that I may not be able to pay off if some issue should arise. But then again all I have is my word and my balls, and I ain't breaking either one.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #87
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
This is a very good post, but I have a comment on the bolded part. Potential customers will know because of this BOI thread. If they search the sellers name, everything is here.
That's the point. If he had not made such a huge deal about it with this thread, no one would have known.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!