Inquiry Turtle Shack - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
rusticreptiles
Turtle Shack

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the Turtle Shack? I'm thinking of getting a greek tortoise from them and before I do so I want to make sure I'm getting him or her from a good source. This will be my first tortoise and I want it to be healthy and hardy above all. I do have other reptiles and I've kind of learned who to buy snakes and lizards from and who to stay away from on this forum. I did do a search: Turtle shack, the turtle shack and turtleshack and didn't get any results that applied to them. So if anyone can help me out that would be great. Thanks so much. You can also feel free to PM me if you don't want it on the BOI.

Nicole

Old 11-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
rusticreptiles
Sorry...forgot the full name rule. Nicole Belval.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
kensopher
I could be wrong about this, but I've long thought that this company was a re-invention of turtlesale.com. The ads are almost identical, and their banners are splashed all over the place (similar to turtlesale). Turtlesale.com generally had a negative reputation, and seemed to target people that were new to the hobby or purchasing on behalf of others.

This is only my guess, and I apologize if it is incorrect.

There is some information on the BOI concerning turtlesale. Just be wary as you navigate, since there is some confusion between Turtlesale, Minnesota Turtle Sales, and Turtleman.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
SirenSanJose
They're one and the same. Turtlesale claims turtleshack is their "sister site" but they both use the same toll-free number, and actively links to and advertises them.

Anything you find about turtlesale (which is negative and terrible, as a whole) should probably be applied to turtleshack as well.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
rusticreptiles
That's terrible! Thanks for letting me know. I was a bit leary of it myself because it seemed very "commercial". Now that I have knocked that idea down...I need to go find a good greek tortoise supplier. Thanks again for the info.

Nicole Belval

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!