Is my Coastal really a coastal? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-15-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
wormfood
Is my Coastal really a coastal?

Here is 2 pics of my carpet. It was sold to me for only $75 as a coastal, but after seeing not many coastals on here and seeing how close they compare to other carpets i figured id get your opinions and double check she is a coastal. Either way she still a beauty, very tame,and awesome.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
hhmoore
The various carpets have been mixed and matched quite a bit over the years; and I rarely come out and say YES or NO in these situations (because I don't feel identification should be based on what somebody thinks it looks like...which is too often how it happens). Here's the problem - some people would breed a pure coastal with a nice looking variegata (or a not so nice looking jungle, lol), and call the babies coastals.
For me, if the lines can't be verified, I am pretty hard pressed to consider any carpet pure anything.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
James.w
What he ^^^^ said.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!