Help Please!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-06-2004, 05:06 PM   #1
madamwlf
Help Please!!!

I have a 2004 CAB that completely refuses to eat. He has not eaten in months and you can really tell. He's starting to look thin. I've tried live and f/t but nothing seems to work. Anyone have any suggestions at all???? I really don't want to loose my baby.

Jeannie

Old 10-06-2004, 05:17 PM   #2
Sand&SunReptile
Ok, I have a few suggestions...
1 make sure the humidity is 50-60%
Make sure s/he has fresh water available
Make sure there is a heat gradient from about 85 on the warm side, and 75 on the cold side. Also a mid 90 basking spot.
If that doesnt work, or if that is already provided...
Leave the snake in a paper bag (fold over the top, and staple the bag shut) with a live mouse fuzzie, or a live rat fuzzie. Try them both.
Also, you can try gerbils.
If all of these tactics fail (make sure not to leave the snake with a live gerbil, adult mouse, or weanling or larger rat, as they can inflict some bad wounds) then find an experianced keeper to force feed her.
Don't try these more than once every 4 or 5 days, as to not stress her a whole ton.

Old 10-11-2004, 12:50 AM   #3
MGReptiles
Yup Mike hit her on the head....

Old 10-11-2004, 11:03 AM   #4
Sand&SunReptile
Indeed.
There are many other tricks. You can try braining the mouse. You thaw out a pinkie, or fuzzie mouse, and crack it's skull open. You can scent the mouse with things like chicks. Put broth on it's head, or even though a mouse out in broth.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!