Bad Guy Ken Foose, not a good dealer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
AdamWhite
Ken Foose, not a good dealer

Alright, here is the whole story.

I searched around for a "good" breeder of cal kings that also had black rats. I thought I had found one in Ken Foose. So I purchased 1 cal king and 1 black rat. Both arrived alive. The black rat was a little on the slim side, but fairly active and seemed healthy enough. I looked at the cal king next. I noticed(i don't know how you couldn't) a very bad kink directly behind the kings head.

So I called foose and told him what happened. He said that he hadn't noticed the kink when he shipped it. Then he said he could send me another one but I had to pay shipping. Well, that right there wasn't quite right. He should have sent one free of charge. Every other breeder I know of would have.

So the next king was on the way. It arrived, I opened the container and found about the sickliest little snake I have ever seen. It looked to be completely dehydrated. It couldn't control its body. It was pretty much a rag doll. I began soaking him in an electrolyte solution. He drank some and seemed to perk up. But, he wasn't quite right. He was still severly underweight. I continued soaking him for several days.

I tried offering some food. Him didn't take it. I kept him nice and warm so he could fight whatever he had. Then he started blowing bubbles. Within a couple of hours he had died. These snakes were shipped as healthy feeding kingsnakes, what I got were the exact opposite.

Mean while, the snake with the kink started blowing bubbles and resting with his mouth open. Later that day, it died. It died from the same thing as the as the so-called replacment kingsnake. That's right, the replacement was in worse shape than the original!!

So I called Foose. He said he was sorry and that the snake wasn't sick when it was shipped. So overnight, the snake became dehydrated and starved, I don't think so. These were also shipped during late spring, so there is no way they got too hot or tto cold.

He said he would give me a discount on kingsnakes next time. Yeah right, next time my foot!!

The black rat is still doing fine. But the rat snake is turning yellow. Last time I check black is not the same as yellow. He said that they were bred on sight, but who knows. He probably just grabbed a rat snake and never even looked at what kind.

Well, needless to say, I will not buy from foose again.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Ken Foose
Adam, I thought we'd resolved this many months ago? Why has this become an issue again? I told you of my regrets and refunded your money. What else can I do? I'll help you out any way I can. I'm sorry I missed the kink in the snake, and the other cal king was doing fine when I sent it to you. Once again, I thought this was all taken care of. Let me know if I missed anything please

Old 10-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
TriangleReptiles
How about some pictures, and emails. I see this is your first post also. Why don't you introduce yourself to the community.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
Gojira1986
Ok - when were these animals purchased? It's interesting, bc you said "spring" and now it's fall and your just posting... (after a couple of bad guy bogus threads about Ken).
Emails... Pictures...
Veterinary records? You did say the first king snake and replacement king snake died of the same thing - so you DO have a statement from a licensed veterinarian stating that necropsies were performed on both dead snakes and showed the same cause of death? Bc if you don't, and your not a vet, it's pure speculation that both snakes died of the same causes.
... you atleast took the animals that were blowing bubbles and resting w mouths open to see the vet and sought out veterinary care to try to save them right?
Surely, if they were that sick, skinny, and dehydrated, you immediately sought veterinary care?

Old 10-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
Ken Foose
Greg, both snakes were my mistake. I admit to it and I thought I'd taken care of my customer to his satisfaction. I was led to believe I had. I do have some really nice baby Cal kings now if he's interested. As for the Black Ratsnake, I breed those myself, and it was perfect as far as he told me. I'm not sure why he's not happy with it now. Who put the target on me? lol

Old 10-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
Gojira1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post
Adam, I thought we'd resolved this many months ago? Why has this become an issue again? I told you of my regrets and refunded your money. What else can I do? I'll help you out any way I can. I'm sorry I missed the kink in the snake, and the other cal king was doing fine when I sent it to you. Once again, I thought this was all taken care of. Let me know if I missed anything please
Ken - if you refunded his money - this guy already has zero credibility at all in my eyes, AS HE LEFT THAT PART OUT OF HIS STORY!
IMO, I already smell stink, and this is just another person trying to insult Ken bc a couple ppl have TRIED .. And failed. You better have your ducks in a row Adam, bc there are alot of ppl here that have watched Ken gracefully handle a few very horrible claims against his business, and I for one will not take litely if this turns into another Denny situation.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
Focal
What was the original total and what was refunded?

Old 10-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
ShadowAceD
Man, Ken, it is not your month.

You have any e-mails between the two of you, Ken? Any pics that he sent you?

Same goes for the OP. Post some evidence and give a reason why you're posting this if the situation was resolved.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
AdamWhite
Ken, no hard feelings. I justed wanted to make this available to anyone that needs info.

On the upside, the rat is doing great, growing and eating. There are many people who have had good experience. The kingsnake experience wasn't one of those. But no big deal.

Again, no hard feelings. Just putting the info out there.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #10
Gojira1986
So Adam - you joined just to start a BOI thread that you previously led Ken to believe was taken care of?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!