Bad Guy Ken Foose, not a good dealer - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #21
AdamWhite
I also take back one thing I said, I might buy from ken, but only offline. I really like to inspect the animals, myself.

You were very nice on the phone and in emails. Not blaming you, just making the info available.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #22
Ken Foose
Adam is not a bad person. I sent him a bad snake, and ended up backing it up with what seems to be another bad snake. He was very nice on the phone, and I actually enjoyed working with him, despite the bad situation. I'm just at a loss to explain this post. I thought we were good, and I looked forward to working with him again.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #23
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWhite View Post
I also take back one thing I said, I might buy from ken, but only offline. I really like to inspect the animals, myself.

You were very nice on the phone and in emails. Not blaming you, just making the info available.
That does not many any sense, Adam.

You do appear to just be a vindictive individual at this point. If you do not blame Ken for the condition of the animals or their subsequent death, then why in the world did you post this thread?

Old 10-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #24
Focal
I fail to see the "bad guy" here.

I fail to see where you were done wrong.

I fail to see where you were cheated.

What made you choose 'bad guy' over the little info icon? This is straight up BOI abuse.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #25
AdamWhite
Thank you Ken. And I am not trying to down him as a person. He seems like a great guy.

But he is busy and things slip through the cracks.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #26
Focal
is your friend!!

Old 10-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #27
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
is your friend!!

Old 10-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #28
Gojira1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I will say that is a bit of a stretch. There is one of those around me and it is an hour and a half away (so, not that near) and they do not deal with exotics. That aside, most of those clinics are emergency clinics and you are going to rack up a monstrous bill very quickly. I am all for bringing sick reptiles to the vet., but there is a line to be drawn.
I understand that maybe it's a stretch... But I don't buy something that I don't personally inspect without expecting to take it to the vet immediately. I understand not everyone has thousands of dollars to spend at the vet..
But my point was if the animals were never given veterinary care or examined by a vet, then how can he make statements regarding cause of death?
I do take for granted I have a 24 hour clinic w a herp vet an hour away, so if I get a sick animal, it goes straight from the box to the vet clinic.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #29
JCCS
While I think that Ken is a very respectable business man, I disagree with how he handled one thing. Ken, when you replaced the original snake, you should have paid the shipping. He paid for a healthy snake the first time, including shipping. You did not deliver a healthy snake. I don't like paying for other people's screw ups, as a seller or as a buyer. I think that it's a fair way to do business. Other than that, I think that the OP is being a bit vindictive here, as he should have brought this to light 6 months ago if he was going to.

Chris

Old 10-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #30
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira1986 View Post
I understand that maybe it's a stretch... But I don't buy something that I don't personally inspect without expecting to take it to the vet immediately. I understand not everyone has thousands of dollars to spend at the vet..
But my point was if the animals were never given veterinary care or examined by a vet, then how can he make statements regarding cause of death?
I do take for granted I have a 24 hour clinic w a herp vet an hour away, so if I get a sick animal, it goes straight from the box to the vet clinic.
Few people think that way. When you get an animal, you expect it to be healthy, not needing to go to a vet. immediately. That aside, Ken did offer to take the animal back.

And yes, I am aware his statements of cause of death are suspect since they never went to a veterinarian.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!