Bad Guy Ken Foose, not a good dealer - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #41
Gojira1986
I just wanted to clarify in my last post that it is mentioned in the op first post that he thought he should get a free snake, but nothing about being offered a full refund and I accidentally deleted that part out of my post.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #42
AdamWhite
I probably should not have ordered another snake. That was my fault. Sorry for this whole thing.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #43
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
A replacement snake should be sent and shipping should be paid for by the seller. The deformed snake (getting to keep it) and the second snake's shipping should not be considered a wash.
No it wouldn't if that was the only option but the buyer was offered a full refund which is all that was needed. The customer doesn't dictate their own remedy above that, do they?

Old 10-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #44
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWhite View Post
I probably should not have ordered another snake. That was my fault. Sorry for this whole thing.
The measure of a dealer is how he performs not when things go right, but when they don't. Here, one could not have asked more of any dealer than what Ken offered. so imho this is another mislabelled thread.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #45
Jay the Turtleman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
No it wouldn't if that was the only option but the buyer was offered a full refund which is all that was needed. The customer doesn't dictate their own remedy above that, do they?
As someone who buys way more than he sells, I should point out that, with the high cost of shipping a reptile, it is often a thing for me to put off getting one until I have the intention of getting two or more. It's much more cost effective if you're paying $65 to ship two or three animals, than it is for just one.

But that's irrelevant to the fact that this thread is ridiculous considering its timing.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #46
Wolfy-hound
"I continued soaking him for several days."
Stated by the OP, but then the OP did not have time to take him to a vet.

Neglecting to mention you were offered a FULL refund, and CHOSE to pay shipping on a second "replacement" snake while also keeping the first deformed snake as well.

Neglecting to mention that when the replacement died(after you failed to even seek vet treatment for "several days" at least), you were given a full refund.

Saying that the Black rat is actually a yellow rat, and that Ken must have just picked out a rat snake at random to fill a black ratsnake order, yet saying the ratsnake is fine later without mentioning it being wrong at all.

Seems to me that you're being dishonest in representing the deal almost entirely. It would have been best if you recieved a perfect, healthy snake to begin with. But when it was imperfect, the seller did what he could do, he offered a full refund. You ASKED for a replacement, and were informed it was full refund OR you could pay shipping on a replacement. Would it be nice to get the replacement without paying shipping? Yes. But you still had the option of taking a full refund instead.

Perhaps you didn't think that anyone would question the facts of the deal when you posted a Bad Guy thread full of misdirection and falsehood?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #47
wyldwurm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh View Post
How vindictive...
I absolutely agree! Pretty disgusting thing to do...but hey, no hard feelings

If the OP "just wanted to put the info out there" he would have and should have said he was refunded...

guess that just goes to show people what kind of person the OP is

Old 10-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #48
Suncoast Herpetological
I still do not think the OP has actually verified what was refunded. At the end of the transaction, what funds were actually returned to the OP?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #49
Gojira1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
I still do not think the OP has actually verified what was refunded. At the end of the transaction, what funds were actually returned to the OP?
The op was offered a full refund or the choice to keep the first snake and get another snake for free, minus shipping. So, what was refunded was basically another snake.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #50
TriangleReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
Ken stated that he refunded the price of the snake. Where is the question? The OP certainly hasn't denied that he received a refund and kept the snake. Ken made a mistake, even two, with the snakes he shipped, but offered a refund, and gave the refund after the second snake died. What more should he have done? As Ken said...he's not perfect, but the handled the situation to the OP's apparent satisfaction...or at least to his satisfaction for 6 months. Now, (and I suspect after some encouragement) he posts a BG thread, at the same time telling the BOI that he has no problem with Ken.
As I stated earlier, who needs this kind of customer?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!