Bad Guy Ken Foose, not a good dealer - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #71
Bobby Douglass
From the thread discern mentioned on the other forum...

Quote:
DMong
Bush-League Sergeant

Holy smokes man!,.........he very knowingly screwed you around, and I would never buy ANYTHING from him either. On top of it all, he now has your money from the sickly snakes he knowingly sent you with DEFINITE respiratory infections, bad spinal kink, and dehyration from being so unhealthy. He owes you for the dead snakes AND the shipping cost that he never should have charged you in the first place too.

If you go over to the faunaclasifieds BOI(Board OF Inquiry), you will see other horrible business transactions he has made with other very disatisfied customers as well. Afew transactions that did go okay do NOT offset and makup for all the very bad one's he has made in the past. That is a FACT!

Your snakes didn't get that way overnight. He is playing "dumb" and assumes everyone else he deals with is too. I would avoid doing any business with him like the freakin plague. He screwed you around and he knows he did!

His response to you was pure nonsense man, and he owes you money, simple as that!

I just looked at a very misleading ad of his just recently too brought up on the BOI regarding a very misleading (basically deceitful) name he had for a very known amel hybrid cross that was labeled as a "variable king". The name "variable" king is a very commonly used name for the Nuevo Leon kingsnake(L.m. thayeri), not for a very known hybrid amel cross of an amel Ruthven's kingsnake x thayeri. In this case, he is simply playing stupid again and acting like they are a genuinely accepted authentic specific type of snake, when in fact he knows this isn't the case at all. What he is attempting to sell is a commonly known cross coined in the hobby as an albino "pastel king".

Anyway, there is all sorts of different bad transactions he has made with very unsatisfied customers. A few customers that did give good props about their transactions don't mean squat when you find out about all the details of the bad one's Foose has had in the past.

I would never order so much as an Aspen shaving from the guy to be quite honest, because even that would probably arrive hear infested with mites from the stuff I have also read over there for chrissakes!

Anyway, it's too bad you had to get screwed around by this guy's operation to learn about him.

Bottom line is do some research on people's reputations before getting animals from them. Sure there are very reputable bigger businesses out there, as well as very crappy small personal businesses too, but as a very general rule, most smaller personal businesses have captive-raised the breeders and hatchlings themselves, have far more hands-on knowledge of the animals themselves, and generally know far more about the linages, histories, and origins of their smaller collections of animals they keep and breed because they aren't getting snakes from any ol' "Joe-Blow" and flipping them for a buck knowing nothing about the animals other that what someone "told" them. This describes myself and MANY of the top-notch breeder friends I know and deal with around the country.

Anyway, I would be flooding that guy with so many different types of correspondence it would make his head spin man!......your crappy experience with him along with all the other sh!* I have heard about him really irks me too in a major way!!

That is definite "bad guy" BOI material there man! ........I would definitely post over there if he doesn't make good with you ASAP!!!

~Doug

Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #72
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
Duh, why didn't I think of doing that.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #73
Ken Foose
It appears that Dmong only reads the titles to the threads. I maintain that I come off looking ok in most of them. No matter, and no worries. It's chicken Tuesday, and it's late. Time to hop on the bike and ride off into the moonlight. Adam, you should have told them I gave you a refund for the snakes I sent you. It was my fault, but still ... (proper use of the 3 dots)

Old 10-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #74
reticguy76
is all this for real, or am I stuck in a bad episode of twilight zone

ken, you seem like a very honest and make right type of guy. i inquired about fwc you hatched out a few months ago. i didnt get one, because i was in the market for an older male at the time. but, I will not hesitate to get anything from you in the future if/when i am in the market for something you have that i want/need.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #75
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post
still ... (proper use of the 3 dots)
LOL

I did not know that rule either and I am a huge reader! I have been very careful to limit my dots.

Sorry for being off topic.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #76
D. Mong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
Now since this seems to be going in the direction of some sort of manhunt for me from posts by "Rainbowboaman", I will gladly address the issue. This needs to be put in proper perspective as to exactly why I stated what I did in the forum posts, not randomly out of text as though I put a gun to Adams head and forced him to state what he did, or initiated or concocted all of this myself because I had a personal axe to grind with Ken, because I certainly do not. There were quite obviously many of the very pertinent details of the transaction "conveniently" left out of Adam's posts that I read on the other forum. That was all I had to go by. Only HE knows what went on to come over here and post about, nobody else.

These are the initial forum posts by Adam that prompted me to state what I did to him to begin with. Otherwise, I wouldn't have ever suggested so strongly that he go to the BOI with it in the first place if I knew all of this, even though there were definitely several aspects to this transaction that I personally certainly would have ever let happen when shipping animals out to a customer. A good example would be that two snakes DO NOT start blowing bubbles and display a cheesy substance in their mouths overnight (infectious stomatitis, aka "mouth rot",... that just ain't possible. And they certainly don't loose drastic weight and develop loose folds of skin down their length overnight either. I know this for a fact from having been in this hobby for 45 years since 1967, and owned thousands of all different types of snakes over the decades. Nobody on earth can tell me that is acceptable.

But regardless of any of that, Adam admittedly failed to include to me alot of the pertinent info and correspondence that took place between them. I was led to believe that Ken TOTALLY refused to do anything about it at all from what he posted and what I read. And of course if it was indeed how he stated things happened (but clearly were not) I would still say the exact same things without question. From what I understood from reading Adam's posts, it looked as though he got taken to the cleaners and was left out to dry and totally ignored by Ken. Again, that obviously wasn't the case either.

Obviously what Adam posted, and what I read were not accurate representations of what actually took place between the two parties, so nobody can lay any blame on me for the BOI post, I could only go by what Adam posted and assumed what he stated was reasonably accurate. He is the only person that could decide exactly what to type-out and post here, certainly not me.

Anyway, this is what I responded to post by post along with some other forum member's comments.........

AdamWhite
Bush-League Private

Quick Black Rat Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I am new here, so hi.

Just a quick question. At what age or size do black rats start to darken up?

I have a "Black" rat that is about 5 months and about 26" - 28" inches in length. The reason I said "black" was because it seems to be turning yellow.

When do rats start to change colors?

quality serpents
Bush-League Lieutenant

Mine generally start turning at somewhere between 12 and 18 months, often times not fully turned until they are 2-2 and 1/2 years old. Thing is though, black rat snake and yellow rat snake hatchlings can look very similar. Is there any chance what you have is actually a yellow rat snake?

norsmis
Title: Staff Officer

Or it could be an intergrade. Lots of those floating around. I have had many black rats and never had one turn yellow. Grey yes, but never yellow.

AdamWhite
Bush-League Private

Well, I purchased it from Ken Foose of Exotic pets Las vegas.

So I don't know what it is.

This is a little bit of a sad story.

I purchased 3 snakes from Ken Foose. 2 cal king's and 1 black rat. Well, the 2 "healthy" cal kings arrived. 1 had a HUGE kink in its neck. The other was severely dehydrated. Both ended up dying after less than a week. Both died from the same thing, RI's.

So, I can't really trust what he said. It might be anything. Grey, yellow or black, who know's.

All I know is that Ken Foose made me

norsmis
Title: Staff Officer

And a very good reason to steer clear of the big flippers. They dont even know what they have. Sorry to hear you got taken but lesson learned, right?

quality serpents
Bush-League Lieutenant

Uh-oh. Sorry you lost the little fellas.

AdamWhite
Bush-League Private

Yes. My lesson was deffinitly learned. Only going to buy from the smaller breeders. Like the people on this forum. You know the type, the ones that actually know what their animals look like.

Sara
Bush-League Major

Title: Contest Commander

I'm going to step in here and ask if you told Ken what happened, if you talked to him at all, or if you just did nothing and decided that he sucked? Ken has ALWAYS been 100% stand up. He wouldn't have been around as long as he has been if he hadn't been. I know there has been some personal things going on there right now, but can not see something like that happening.... But if it did, I for sure can not see him not making it right.

DMong
Bush-League Sergeant

It sounds like it could very easily be a Texas Ratsnake instead, or at least have a substantial amount of intergrade geneflow from the Texas Ratsnake. Some Texas ratsnakes can be VERY yellow and/or reddish/orange in their background coration. They can vary DRASTICALLY in appearance and be very dark, dull and drab looking like many typical Black Rats can, or in some cases be extremely contrasty with vivid yellow/orange ground color with distinct dark dorsal blotches.......or anything intermediate of the two extremes. It really all depends on what region of the country their lineage is from.

Many in the northern Texas/southern Oklahoma region are intergrades of the two, as well as the central area of Louisiana and the very southwestern corner of Arkansas.

By the same token, any breeder could have simply tossed the two subspecies together and made intergrades, it's impossible to say.

All North American Ratsnakes of the "obsoletus" complex look very similar as hatchlings, and don't look anything like they will as mature adults except the Gray Ratsnake. It basically stays more the same than the others do, even though they can often darken up too, or in the case of the "White Oak" phase Gray rat originating from north/central Florida, can actually lighten up on their dorsal blotching.

Do a google image search for "Texas Ratsnake", and you will see many different examples like I am talking about.

Now here on the other hand is a link to gorgeous wild-caught example of a Texas Rat specimen owned by a friend of mine.

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1946182,1946592

BTW, there is NO excuse for him sending two snakes out to you in that condition........NONE!, and I hope you let him know about it ASAP too!

~Doug

serpentinespecialties.webs.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry
Title: General of League

Wanna hear something funny? I clicked on this thread from the "new posts" option thinking it was a rodent question. I was thinking to myself, who cares about the color of the feed...lol Yes, I'm having a long night..

quality serpents
Bush-League Lieutenant

Yeah brada, go on to bed. will be here waiting on you in the morning. And the words will look a little more crisp and less run together for you.

AdamWhite
Bush-League Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
I'm going to step in here and ask if you told Ken what happened, if you talked to him at all, or if you just did nothing and decided that he sucked? Ken has ALWAYS been 100% stand up. He wouldn't have been around as long as he has been if he hadn't been. I know there has been some personal things going on there right now, but can not see something like that happening.... But if it did, I for sure can not see him not making it right.

Alright, here is the whole story.

I searched around for a good breeder of cal kings that also had black rats. I found Ken Foose. So I purchased 1 cal king and 1 black rat. Both arrived alive. The black rat was a little on the slim side, but fairly active and seemed healthy enough. I looked at the cal king next. I noticed(i don't know how you couldn't) a very bad kink directly behind the kings head.

So I called foose and told him what happened. He said that he hadn't noticed the kink when he shipped it. Then he said he could send me another one but I had to pay shipping. Well, that right there wasn't quite right. He should have sent one free of charge.

So the next king was on the way. It arrived, I opened the container and found about the sickliest little snake I have ever seen. It looked to be completely dehydrated. It couldn't control its body. It was pretty much a rag doll. I began soaking him in an electrolyte solution. He drank some and seemed to perk up. But, he wasn't quite right. He was still severly underweight. I continued soaking him for several days.

I tried offering some food. Him didn't take it. I kept him nice and warm so he could fight whatever he had. Then he started blowing bubbles. Within a couple of hours he had died.

Mean while, the snake with the kink started blowing bubbles and resting with his mouth open. Later that day, it died.

So I called Foose. He said he was sorry and that the snake wasn't sick when it was shipped. He said he would give me a discount on kingsnakes next time.
Yeah right, next time my foot!!

The black rat is still doing fine. But seems to be yellowing. He said that they were bred on sight, but who knows.

Well, needless to say, I will not buy from foose again.

DMong
Bush-League Sergeant

Holy smokes man!,.........he very knowingly screwed you around, and I would never buy ANYTHING from him either. On top of it all, he now has your money from the sickly snakes he knowingly sent you with DEFINITE respiratory infections, bad spinal kink, and dehyration from being so unhealthy. He owes you for the dead snakes AND the shipping cost that he never should have charged you in the first place too.

If you go over to the faunaclasifieds BOI(Board OF Inquiry), you will see other horrible business transactions he has made with other very disatisfied customers as well. Afew transactions that did go okay do NOT offset and makup for all the very bad one's he has made in the past. That is a FACT!

Your snakes didn't get that way overnight. He is playing "dumb" and assumes everyone else he deals with is too. I would avoid doing any business with him like the freakin plague. He screwed you around and he knows he did!

His response to you was pure nonsense man, and he owes you money, simple as that!

I just looked at a very misleading ad of his just recently too brought up on the BOI regarding a very misleading (basically deceitful) name he had for a very known amel hybrid cross that was labeled as a "variable king". The name "variable" king is a very commonly used name for the Nuevo Leon kingsnake(L.m. thayeri), not for a very known hybrid amel cross of an amel Ruthven's kingsnake x thayeri. In this case, he is simply playing stupid again and acting like they are a genuinely accepted authentic specific type of snake, when in fact he knows this isn't the case at all. What he is attempting to sell is a commonly known cross coined in the hobby as an albino "pastel king".

Anyway, there is all sorts of different bad transactions he has made with very unsatisfied customers. A few customers that did give good props about their transactions don't mean squat when you find out about all the details of the bad one's Foose has had in the past.

I would never order so much as an Aspen shaving from the guy to be quite honest, because even that would probably arrive hear infested with mites from the stuff I have also read over there for chrissakes!

Anyway, it's too bad you had to get screwed around by this guy's operation to learn about him.

Bottom line is do some research on people's reputations before getting animals from them. Sure there are very reputable bigger businesses out there, as well as very crappy small personal businesses too, but as a very general rule, most smaller personal businesses have captive-raised the breeders and hatchlings themselves, have far more hands-on knowledge of the animals themselves, and generally know far more about the linages, histories, and origins of their smaller collections of animals they keep and breed because they aren't getting snakes from any ol' "Joe-Blow" and flipping them for a buck knowing nothing about the animals other that what someone "told" them. This describes myself and MANY of the top-notch breeder friends I know and deal with around the country.

Anyway, I would be flooding that guy with so many different types of correspondence it would make his head spin man!......your crappy experience with him along with all the other sh!* I have heard about him really irks me too in a major way!!

That is definite "bad guy" BOI material there man! ........I would definitely post over there if he doesn't make good with you ASAP!!!

~Doug

AdamWhite
Bush-League Private

Well, this happened about 4 months ago and I did hit him with everything I had. He basically shrugged it off and said tough. I am going over there to post ASAP.

DMong
Bush-League Sergeant

Oh hell yes!, after four months of blowing you off like that, I would post every single little detail about it there as well. He very knowingly "robbed" you is what he did!

BTW, read some of the other stuff there about some of his other "great" business transactions, and you will see a definite pattern of exactly how he has operated in the past.

The silly part is that his being too cheap(and stupid) to have taken care of you will cost him FAR more in future sales from all the people that will certainly read about it there than if he had just reimbursed you in the first place, but apperently he is far too stupid to realize that too I guess.........geeez, what a DOLT!!

regards, ~Doug

Now this was posted by Adam AFTER the BOI drama

10-11-2011, 07:52 PM
AdamWhite
Bush-League Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMong
Oh hell yes!, after four months of blowing you off like that, I would post every single little detail about it there as well. He very knowingly "robbed" you is what he did!

BTW, read some of the other stuff there about some of his other "great" business transactions, and you will see a definite pattern of exactly how he has operated in the past.

The silly part is that his being too cheap(and stupid) to have taken care of you will cost him FAR more in future sales from all the people that will certainly read about it there than if he had just reimbursed you in the first place, but apperently he is far too stupid to realize that too I guess.........geeez, what a DOLT!!

regards, ~Doug

Oh, crud. I did forget to mention one thing. He did end up refunding the price of the kingsnakes themselves, but he didn't refund the shipping cost. Sorry for any confusion that might of caused.

10-11-2011, 07:53 PM
AdamWhite
Bush-League Private

So I'm out 130 dollars for 1 black rat.

This is all of it in it's entirety. I am not personally responsible for any of it, only what I suggested if it was indeed how I was told it was by Adam, nothing more, nothing less.

I will always stand by what I said given those were indeed the true and accurate circumstances that actually took place. I only responded honestly to what I was presented, nothing more.

best regards, ~Doug

Old 10-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #77
Lucille
Adam, did you write this in a forum?

"
Well, this happened about 4 months ago and I did hit him with everything I had. He basically shrugged it off and said tough. "

Did Ken in fact offer a refund or another snake?

Adam, you have some explaining to do......

Old 10-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #78
Ken Foose
Doug, thank you for that. I can see exactly why you responded the way you did. I would like to put two things to rest now. First, the Black Ratsnake is a Black Ratsnake that I bred myself. Enough on that. Second, there is no way, no how that the two kingsnakes I sent had mouthrot, or any other respitory problems. Yes, one was kinked, and the other one died for a reason unknown to me. I bred my first snake in 1971, so I too have been at this for a very long time. Doug, you are correct, that I should have never sent out the first snake with the kink. The second snake, on the other hand, had just eaten days before and was doing well for me here. Once again, I don't know why it had died. He did not have it long enough to kill it, unless he ran over it with a car or put it in an oven, so I refunded him for it. Anyway, thanks again for the post, and the explanation. I don't really see any bad guys here, including you. However, next time, perhaps you can inform the person being strung up about the forum and the thread he's being hanged in before you help kick out the ladder? It seems that's the right thing to do. But that's just me.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #79
AdamWhite
Yes, thank you. Now let me explain some things.

When I said "Well, this happened about 4 months ago and I did hit him with everything I had. He basically shrugged it off and said tough. ", I was referring to the email I sent him after the snakes died. I had thought that he was receiving it and just wasn't responding. That made me mad. I should not have jumped to conclusions. So I posted everything that happened. I thought that I had made it clear that he had refunded me for the original snake and sent a new one out for shipping price. Obviously I did not.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to go so far. Don't blame Dmong or anyone else but me. I did this, I started this. I'm really sorry.

Here is what I know happened for sure.

I ordered 2 snakes, one was fine the other had a kink. I opted to get another snake for the cost of shipping. I received that snake. It was in very bad shape. It died.

I wrote Ken, he gave me a refund on that snake, but not the shipping. I wrote Ken about 1 week later when the other snake died. It had all the symptoms the first one had. It died within an hour of showing symptoms. I did a quick check, the snake had what appeared to be very advanced mouth rot. When I rot ken I wrote a little bit of an angry letter. I told him I wanted the shipping money back. No response was sent. I sent it again. And again, not a word back. I sent it one more time, same thing. I thought he was just tired of dealing with me or trying to avoid paying shipping money. So I posted that he had left me out to dry. Dmong said I should post it. I did. After posting I learned that he had never received any other emails from me. I apologized deeply, and everything was okay between us again. Then it was started all over again.

I'm not trying to shift the blame. It is all mine. I am sorry, really and truly sorry. I don't know what else I can do.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #80
reticguy76
seems that there is admitted mistakes that have surfaced from both parties. both parties seem cordial and forgiving to the other.
seems this should be pretty much dropped and left behind

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!