Bad Guy Casey Smith. Buyer Backs Out, what do you guys think? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #51
Focal
What city and state are they in? Different last name isn't impossible but does raise an eyebrow for a "wife."

Old 11-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #52
Focal
She's on facebook.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #53
reticguy76
i guess it all comes down to personal preference and ways of doing things. also, its dependent on whether this is your business or just a hobby. for example, this is just a hobby for me. if i sold a snake and they either left a deposit, or asked for a refund (due to a legitimate and believable circumstance, within a reasonable amount of time (7 days for me), i give a refund. but as a business, i would require full proof, if it was beyond my terms and conditions and such. i think whichever way you go, isnt a wrong way, from an ethical and just hassle free way of dealing. however, the reasonable amount of time has gone out the window, and that is what seemed most weird to me about that wristband, is the date

Old 11-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #54
reptilebaby
I know alot of women that keep their last names when they get married, so that isn't that unusual.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #55
jcfourme
I'm with Kristi23 and the majority of the others. The terms are the terms and it's not like this guy said whoops I can't complete the deal right away, he waited until the animal could have been sold how many times over to someone else. By the way Mr. Reid, I could use 60 bucks pretty bad right now, could you paypal me some money? LOL!

Old 11-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #56
bloodybaroness
That band is not much proof. You can go to the hospital and get admitted with a band for nearly anything. Heck, I got a band the last time I went to get staples removed from a wound. I was in the hospital for a grand total of one hour.

I agree with Deb. Stick by your TOS. You are more than covered if he threatens you in anyway.

Scammers do what they do by tugging at heart strings in some cases. You have kept this animal, fed this animal, and potentially missed out on other chances to sell this animal.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #57
Montoya
You asked the guy to send you something to verify his wife was in the hospital and he did. You said you would give the money back if he did this and you haven't yet. Posting a picture of the wifes hospital bracelet was not necessary, and now your going to play games and make him wait it out? If you didn't want to return the money you should have just said no, the deposit is non refundable from the beginning.

This is probably the time that those bills from the surgery would be starting to come in. Bad things happen to people sometimes, have some compassion already.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #58
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
You asked the guy to send you something to verify his wife was in the hospital and he did. You said you would give the money back if he did this and you haven't yet. Posting a picture of the wifes hospital bracelet was not necessary, and now your going to play games and make him wait it out? If you didn't want to return the money you should have just said no, the deposit is non refundable from the beginning.

This is probably the time that those bills from the surgery would be starting to come in. Bad things happen to people sometimes, have some compassion already.
Actually, it's not proof, but I agree with the sentiment of your post.

but anyway.... Judy pointed out the "game" that seems to be being played out (I think it was Judy) and I agreed that it appeared that way. What is starting to make him look bad is his own words about making the buyer wait for the money just to teach a lesson or something to that effect (this is not cool, imo).

I am leaning now...towards staying away from both the buyer and the seller (the seller because he doesn't seem to know how to run a BUSINESS...who needs these kinds of headaches?)

Old 11-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #59
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceH View Post
I guess I'll give it back but I want to wait a few days just to annoy him for once.
Really? This kind of game-playing is unprofessional, petty, and extremely immature.

If you want to give the money back, then give it. As I mentioned before, you don't have to ask anyone's permission to be nice to someone. If you didn't want to give it back, then why make him jump through hoops offering "proof" of the issues he claimed. You asked for it...you got it...so deal with it. If you back out on the refund now, you make yourself look like a real jerk, at the very least. And delaying the refund just to "annoy him" makes you look like a first class creep.

I really don't understand why this thread is still ongoing. You asked for advice on your position of being able to legally and morally keep the $60. You were assured by just about everyone that you were well within your rights to do so. But you're still hemming and hawing and behaving like it's some huge moral dilemma on your part...or a major scammer mystery to be solved on his part.

Give the man his $60 and be done with it. Not because you're obligated to on the grounds of your TOS, but because you SAID you would if he gave proof his wife had been in the hospital and he did so.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #60
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Actually, it's not proof, but I agree with the sentiment of your post.

but anyway.... Judy pointed out the "game" that seems to be being played out (I think it was Judy) and I agreed that it appeared that way. What is starting to make him look bad is his own words about making the buyer wait for the money just to teach a lesson or something to that effect (this is not cool, imo).

I am leaning now...towards staying away from both the buyer and the seller (the seller because he doesn't seem to know how to run a BUSINESS...who needs these kinds of headaches?)
Heh...we were typing at the same time. I didn't mentioned game playing earlier, but I definitely think I see it going on now...and not on the part of the buyer.

As for proof...the seller didn't stipulate exactly what kind of proof he expected. And we're talking $60 here. If it were $6000 on the line, more stringent evidence might reasonably be requested. But it's $60 freakin' dollars. The seller has been wishy washy about the whole thing from the start, so I don't see why some sort of solid, bullet-proof evidence should be demanded at this point.

Regarding your last statement, I couldn't agree more!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!