Bad Guy Be aware when dealing with Andrew Blesh... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
DJderon
Be aware when dealing with Andrew Blesh...

Andrew Blesh, username ERnurse, may back out on a "done deal" if he thinks he can get more money. I was going to let this go but I see he has re-listed the snake in question so I think folks should be aware. On October 27, 2011, I responded via text to an ad Andrew posted about a 6 foot green anaconda male he had listed to sell. The asking price was $200.00 plus shipping. Long story short, after some back and forth texts (one which said "btw I was just offered 300 bucks for it but I will keep the deal w you since you were first") we had a deal. We got the shipping figured at $102.00 FedEx and I sent him a verified paypal payment of 302.00. All was good to go....

Later that night I was on Fauna and noticed the ad for my purchased snake was still up. As I am seeing this I get an email from paypal saying you've got a refund from Andrew Blesh. The message with it said "I'm sorry but I just found condas are not legal in your state....." This of course is not true. Ohio has been in the news lately because of the fact that these animals ARE legal and as of yet there has been no legisaltion passed to say otherwise. I don't know where Andrew got his information but he obviously didn't dig very far to check this out and at the very least he should have called me to clarify this before just backing out on our deal.

I immediately called Andrew's home. His wife answered and said he was asleep, which I do not believe since the paypal message had just come in minutes earlier and those messages are usually immediate after the transaction. I informed his wife that he should have called me before the refund and that he is mis-informed regarding the legality of anacondas in Ohio. She said she didn't know anything about it, which again I don't believe. A few hours later the ad was removed from Fauna so apparently Andrew can work on a computer in his sleep. Now I see it has been re-listed a week later at 325.00.

First let me say that at least I got my money back (even though I had to pay the paypal percentage) so it could have been worse. My opinion is that Andrew realized he might be able to get more money for the snake then what he originally was asking and used the not legal thing as an excuse to back out on our deal. He had his wife run interference for him so he didn't have to talk to me and have his excuse rendered incorrect. The next person in line to buy the snake for more money apparently did not come through so he's listed it again. So....anyone looking to deal with Andrew Blesh just needs to be aware that he may not come through. Last time I checked Fauna Classifieds was not an auction site and not honoring a sale after money has been exchanged, especially when given your full asking price, is just bad business.

Old 11-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
reptilebaby
I would think that would be someone to avoid, most definitely!

Old 11-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
Bobby Douglass
If things are as you say then I agree with the last post that he should be avoided. Please post all correspondence as well as the paypal payment and refund. Also let him, or his wife, know about this thread. Thanks for the warning.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
ERnurse
Yes I did not sell the animal to him...It was not about the money otherwise it would be sold. I read an article about the gov of OH enacting an executive order banning all "dangerous animals" including constricting snakes after that wack job released his big cats etc. I refunded the money immediately when I found this article. If the buyer was so offended by this why start the thread now instead of when it happened. To me it looks like he is just trying to torpedo my sale. If I am indeed wrong and someone can show me proof of that I will gladly sell the animal to the same buyer. I am not about to open myself to legal liability over a small amount of money. That is why in the new ad it states only sales where legal. Oh and by the way I was indeed sleeping....my wife removed the ad. I work 12hr day shifts and do not have the luxury of spending my entire life in front of a computer as some do.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERnurse View Post
Yes I did not sell the animal to him...It was not about the money otherwise it would be sold. I read an article about the gov of OH enacting an executive order banning all "dangerous animals" including constricting snakes after that wack job released his big cats etc. I refunded the money immediately when I found this article. If the buyer was so offended by this why start the thread now instead of when it happened. To me it looks like he is just trying to torpedo my sale. If I am indeed wrong and someone can show me proof of that I will gladly sell the animal to the same buyer. I am not about to open myself to legal liability over a small amount of money. That is why in the new ad it states only sales where legal. Oh and by the way I was indeed sleeping....my wife removed the ad. I work 12hr day shifts and do not have the luxury of spending my entire life in front of a computer as some do.
FYI, you're not the only one that has a job. Are you willing to sell it to him at the agreed on price? I don't know Ohio's laws but you can't be held accountable for a law that hasn't been passed yet.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
Wolfy-hound
About the "paying the Paypal percentage", if your money was refunded, there was no fee taken. Paypal refunds in full, negating the transaction, unless they've changed their policy since the last time I used it.

There was a 'executive order' thing talked about that was done, with additional legislation proposed. To me(albeit I'm no expert on legality)that would mean that right now, owning/purchasing those animals listed may indeed curently be illegal.

However, if the refund was given due to "it's illegal" I would have hoped the seller would talk to the buyer instead of simply refunding. If it's not illegal after all, the seller should offer the animal again at the agreed upon price since it was his mistake that negated the deal.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #7
ERnurse
If there is proof there are no legal issues I have no problem whatsoever honoring the deal as first agreed upon. There was no malicious intent here...at all. I just did not want to break the law.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
Wilomn
Is that fish I smell?

Who's cooking yellowtail?

Old 11-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #9
deborahbroadus
I don't know.... Because, I've returned a buyer's money before under similar set of reasons that the buyer or others could have misconstrued although I was being honest.

In both cases, (his and mine) it would appear that the seller was trying to do the right thing. Also, turning down a buyer and refunding his money would not have stopped me from putting the animal up for sale again (as would have been my right).

***Thinks to self, perhaps TOS should start including the statement, "Management reserves the right to refund money at their discretion.

Who cries AFTER they got a refund??

Old 11-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post

Who cries AFTER they got a refund??
Perhaps you missed a post.

The guy who askes is the one who sees the same animal for sale for more money after being told there was another buyer at a higher price.

It seems pretty obvious to me and I'm far from the sharpest tool in the shed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!