Bad Guy Be aware when dealing with Andrew Blesh... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #21
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJderon View Post
As for the paypal thing, I have not yet pulled the money out of my paypal account. Everytime I have transfered from paypal back to my bank account in the past they have kept a percentage. If that is not the case in this situation, I apologize for that part of the statement as I have never actually gotten a refund from paypal before.
That statement flies against any experience I have had with PayPal. PayPal removes their fee when the funds go into the seller's account. The email they receive shows the full amount sent (because the buyer sent full payment), but checking the account shows the actual amount deposited. I have NEVER had a percentage removed when transferring funds from PayPal to my bank account.

As Theresa stated, when a refund is properly submitted - properly meaning that the Refund button was used, as opposed to sending a new payment - then the originally removed fees are returned to the buyer.

I don't know the seller, aside from brief interaction in my role as moderator; but I will agree with two points. 1) I have only a basic understanding of the legal system, and I would have assumed that a Executive Order was a means of immediately putting something in place until formal processes can be completed. As such, I would have considered the animal illegal at that point. I do know that there has been a fair amount of back and forth on that particular order, and I have no idea what the status was at the time the seller issued the refund. 2) If I believe that an animal is illegal, I would not necessarily take the word of a prospective buyer. It would be great if people could be trusted to know their laws, and to operate in accordance with them; but the simple truth is that I know that isn't always the case. Living in NYS, I have been aware of NYCs Health Code for many years, and I am familiar with the State legislation which prohibited many reptiles...and I can't tell you how many people I have had deny the law, state that it had been changed, etc, etc, in their attempts to purchase animals which are simply not legal for them to own.
If the seller was not comfortable sending his snake to a person, OR an area, then (IMO) he is within his rights to refund the buyer's money and make the animal available for sale. Personally, I would have immediately sent the buyer an emailed explanation; but that doesn't mean I would consider the matter up for negotiation if the buyer tried change my mind.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #22
reptilebaby
I do understand that there are people who will lie about something being legal just so they can get it, but I have always felt that they're in the minority because MOST people don't want to damage the reptile hobby any more than it already is.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #23
Tigger the Tiger
Lmao, Andrew's dishonesty rears its head again.... you guys should read some of the things I went through with him.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #24
reptilebaby
The issue is more that he didn't contact the buyer before refunding the money. He should have contacted him and let him know BEFORE it happened. Not at the same time as the refund happened.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #25
reptilebaby
Could you post what happened with him and you?

Old 11-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #26
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebaby View Post
Could you post what happened with him and you?
He already has - the thread is there for anybody to read.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #27
Tigger the Tiger
Andrew is a man who's word can never be trusted. Me and Andrew had agreed to a trade deal, some of his retics, for one of my het amel suntigers. Because of limited cage space for upcoming projects, I couldn't go through with the deal. Andrew had driven to my house, and I felt bad that I couldn't go through with the trade, so I gave him a FREE female het amel suntiger as a gift. I asked him that in the event that he no longer wanted the animal or couldn't keep it anymore, to please return her to me, he agreed. A week later I see that he has placed the snake up for sale on here for 300 bucks, mine you I was selling them at 1,500. I called andrew right away and asked him what was up, why he's selling the snake far below what I was asking for mine, and about our agreement. Andrew apologized saying that he didn't know the snakes were priced at 1,500 and that he was just trying to raise some quick money for some scrub pythons. He took the ad down and said that he would keep the snake, as he didn't have a problem keeping her and if he did decide to sell her, would sell her at my listed asking price or a little below. The following Saturday I attend the PA Hamburg show with my son and a member from here and what do I see...... Andrew selling the snake for 300 bucks on another breeders table. Was I mad, yes, as Andrew was in direct violation of our agreed upon terms. I asked Andrew for the snake back, as he has no concept of what it means to be a man of his word. Andrew sent me numerous text messages after I left the show apologizing and stating that he clearly understands why I asked for the snake back. Then a couple days later he tries to say that I stole the snake off the table, lol. Andrew has no idea what it means to honor a deal. If he can see a chance to make more money off a snake he's selling, he will go for it, to hell with whoever he has a deal with before. And he uses the same lame excuse all the time, about how he didn't know what the animal was really worth. I don't know to many people that would post something for sale and not know its worth

Old 11-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #28
DJderon
HHmoore...I'm sure you are probably right about the paypal thing. As I said I have never had a refund from paypal so everytime I have gotten money it has been as a seller and they take their percentage when it goes into my bank account as you mentioned. When I go to put this money back into my bank account I assumed it would work the same way to pay for the paypal service. I certainly may be wrong about that and I apologized for including that statement.

Reptilebaby..Thank you for getting my point. All he had to do was contact me before refunding and I would have pointed him to credible resources to prove the legality. I totally understand the hesitation, I wouldn't sell to someone where I knew it was illegal either. But I would make sure I was right and give the seller a chance to prove legality before just dumping the transaction. I mean, come on, he had my money in his hands, why would anyone back out on that without taking a minute to verify? It was a sure sale! The covering my butt for legal reasons doesn't hold with me because that could have easily been clarified by asking me and investigating a little further. It leads one to believe there must be another reason....

Well he just admitted in the post above that he realized right away that he should have listed the animal for more money. Yes, he did honor the original asking price with me right up until he found what he thought was a credible loophole and could back out. My opinion is he jumped at the chance to back out so he could make more money. If he had contacted me or gone any further to verify he would have been stuck selling to me for less.

If he pulled this with me, he could pull it with someone else and that's why I posted it on here. Whether there was underhanded intent or not, we can only speculate but it sure seems there was. Either way, how it was handled was definitely bad business practice and that's a fact that folks need to beware of.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #29
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJderon View Post
The covering my butt for legal reasons doesn't hold with me because that could have easily been clarified by asking me and investigating a little further.
I can understand seller hesitancy if there is some deal where it might be illegal. But even the smallest amount of customer service could have made both parties happy since this was a done, paid for deal.

The buyer could have found a friend in another state who could receive the animal. The seller could accept a little money to keep and feed the critter while the legal deal was straightened out

. I just don't see why the seller did not just contact the buyer to find an amicable solution. Seller, unless you clarify, I think future buyers will think twice.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #30
shane159
I know someone else on my do not deal with list now. There is no excuse for not contacting the buyer to let him know of his worries. What if the buyer had gone out a spent money on caging and then find out there will be no animal coming. That is not good customer service at all. The post about him trying to flip the free retic also makes me want to never deal with someone like that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!