Bad Guy Perfect Predators (Manny Frade) - Scammer on Breeding Loan - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
Martino Reptiles
Thumbs down Perfect Predators (Manny Frade) - Scammer on Breeding Loan

ALCON -

Please see the enclosed record of accounts regarding the breeding loan between Mr. Manny Frade of Perfect Predators Inc. and myself, Victor Martino of Martino Reptiles. Without dragging out the post – I’ll post evidence on the original agreement, animals advertised and the actual outcome of the contract. Mr. Frade refuses to return my animals stating they are "sick, stressed from his new facility move, just fed" or whatever other excuse he comes up with. The adult pictured he sent me was supposed to be one of my females - which it is not.

On 8/19/11 I bought my plane ticket for my first Daytona Reptile Show. Traveling on Jet Blue flight #31 destined for Orlando I would pick up my rental car, drive to Daytona Beach and stay at the “reptile hotel” across from the convention center for a weekend of sandy beaches and boas. I would meet some wonderful individuals, to include the legendary Jeff Ronne “The Boaphile” Mr. Jeff Ronne and Lucas Matlock of Matlock Morphs. Unfortunately, I would also meet Mr. Manny Frade of Perfect Predators. Walking up to his display it was quite impressive. LED lights shined down on animals highlighting their beautiful colors, the black draped cloth under the tables allowed the animals to be wonderfully exemplified behind the acrylic cases, etc. I would meet Jeff Ronne for the first time in front of Frade’s table, and introduce myself. His reply “you’re kidding?” from previous dealings I have had with him since I was 16-years old. I was 32 in 2011, so meeting a legendary breeder you have done business with for the past 16-years previous was an amazing thing. Great trip, wonderful experiences but one deal I would regret later in life.

On 9/7/2011 I saw an advertisement on the Kingsnake.com classifieds about some VPI T+ Pink Panther animals that were for sale. I contacted Mr. Frade on a possible purchase of one female he had advertised. The female was a 2011 female, allegedly produced by Manny that year. We discussed the purchase of the animal and agreed to a straight pay of $2500.00 via PayPal transaction ID: 2P723611YT751805R on 01 November 2011. Note pictures below of the actual signed contract, which contains the first female and her markings. Manny and I discussed the fact that he was “sad” to see the female leave, and we discussed the possibility of doing a breeding loan together. Boas as most are aware are best raised as neonates in the same facility in order to let them breed. So it made sense to keep the females there. On 09/08/11 I sent Manny a draft copy of the breeding loan agreement outlining what would be expected if we did anything. He was in agreement (see attached email from Manny as well as the signed Breeding Loan Contract dated 9/27/11 electronically). The loan was simple – I would get roughly 40% if the babies produced and keep the original purchased female. He would receive “first pick” plus 60% of the babies for raising and breeding the animal in his custody. Breeding trials would begin in 2014/2015 depending on the size of the female. See the contract for more details of specifics are required.

Approximately two weeks thereafter, a second female would be advertised on Kingsnake.com, this one notably fatter and different than the other female in the first advertisement (known as “female #2). I contacted Mr. Frade – sent another $2500.00 for that female with the same arrangements as the first. That female and purchase was annotated via email. I asked Mr. Frade to sign the second contract, but excuses about how busy he was and how his business was “really taking off” allowed him to avoid the subject. Thereafter, other transactions took place with Mr. Frade and without issue. I received a T+ VPI Motley PP from him, as well as a T+ Sunglow Jungle over the course of the next 2-years. Both transactions flawless, and animals were received in good health.

So where are we now, in 2017? Manny has made a VARIETY of excuses stating why the animals have not produced to date to include; 1. Both females are “partho” meaning – no siblings in that specific litter have produced either, 2. Both females are “sick.” Apparently after the move to his new facility in 2016 the females will only sporadically feed and not consistently (but what happened during the breeding trials of 2014 and 2015?) He has told me he will return the females but I am to “babysit them” due to their health. When told to ship them, he does not reply. 3. Both females that were supposed to be shipped as of last week were “fed by his helper” and could not be shipped because they had a full meal in them. Sick boas that need to be “babysat” are feeding? The last text exchange was with Manny yesterday (02-Feb-2017) – whereby I received a photo of a female that was neither the first female I bought in 2011, nor the second (known as female #2 in correspondence). Scanning through the pictures today, I noticed the markings simply do not match. So what happened to my original females?

The final exchange via text message yesterday was me stating that [“everything will be made public and transparent for the world to see”] and his response was; “start today.” As a result of this exchange, I was hoping for Mr. Frade to resolve the issue which, at this point he has no intention of doing. I have extended the offer to resolve the matter by refunding the original $5,000 which he has stated “I’ll have to wait on a real estate deal to go through, partial trade which he has attempted to tell me my “trade value” would be based on the original value of $5,000 dollars and not the inflated value of having adult potential breeding females, etc. It is obvious that the 5-D’s of Dodgeball are in true effect here – and he will avoid further discussion of resolving the issue. Therefore as promised at 1700-EST here is the information for all to see.

A word of advice to all involved in this hobby. Avoid breeding loans at all cost and simply do it yourself. Avoid people with any bad feedback on the Fauna BOI. Treat everyone with the utmost respect and try to do right by them, but do not get taken advantage of. Avoid sending payments through PayPal for unknown breeders because they do not protect you for live animal purchases. And remember this saying a wise boa breeder once told me; “sometimes these people are slimier than the snakes they sell.”

Four attachments are contained in this thread;
(1) Signed Breeding Loan Contract by Mr. Frade
(2) TXT Message stating I would expose him where he said "start today' (obviously not willing to rectify the issue).
(3) Pic of one of the females he claims cannot be shipped by recommendation of his VET. Notice the markings - they do not match ANY of my originally purchased females.
(4) Pic of "Female #2" or the second female I purchased in this breeding loan. The first female is pictured in the contract.

Additional supporting evidence can be posted here on request, with all supporting evidence referenced on my Facebook page. However, I will happily post anything here for the ADMINS.

VR/

Victor Martino
Martino Reptiles
www.martinoreptiles.com
Martino Reptiles LLC (Facebook)
Instagram: martinoreptiles
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #2
bcr229
Facebook pages are not forever while this site is, which is why posting your evidence here also is so important.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:36 PM   #3
Martino Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Facebook pages are not forever while this site is, which is why posting your evidence here also is so important.
Understood.

Hence why if there is anything additional required I'll be happy to continue posing releveant documentation for the admins to review.

VR/

Vic Martino

Old 02-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #4
Martino Reptiles
Additional screenshots of conversation and emails pertaining to the contract.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2017, 04:52 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino Reptiles View Post
Understood.

Hence why if there is anything additional required I'll be happy to continue posing releveant documentation for the admins to review.

VR/

Vic Martino
FYI, we don't "review" anything posted in the Board Of Inquiry, other than being scrutinized for possible violations of the rules. What is preferred is that anything considered as evidence be posted here, so it cannot be altered or removed afterwards. Links to Facebook, for instance, are problematical since such text and photos can be edited and removed at will. Same thing applies to images that are stored on a remote server and merely linked here. That is why we require that such images need to be attached to a post and therefore stored on this server.

So in my opinion, posting everything you consider as relevant to support your case would be best posted here in it's entirety.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #6
natieb
I haven't been following on Facebook, so maybe it's been brought up. But that picture he sent you doesn't look like a Pink Panther, and doesn't match either of the pictures of the ones you bought.

Good luck finding a resolution, maybe people will finally stop giving this guy business.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #7
Martino Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
FYI, we don't "review" anything posted in the Board Of Inquiry, other than being scrutinized for possible violations of the rules. What is preferred is that anything considered as evidence be posted here, so it cannot be altered or removed afterwards. Links to Facebook, for instance, are problematical since such text and photos can be edited and removed at will. Same thing applies to images that are stored on a remote server and merely linked here. That is why we require that such images need to be attached to a post and therefore stored on this server.

So in my opinion, posting everything you consider as relevant to support your case would be best posted here in it's entirety.
Rich -

I posted what I believe, to be adequebtky relevant to support the case of my missing animals. If Mr. Frade decides to challenge the supporting evidence I'll be happy to attempt to counter those claims. At the present time - I have what I believe to be the;

1. Contract
2. A text from him stating he did not care if I posted anything regarding the issue with this transaction.
3. The 2011 PayPal for one of the females to prove a transaction took place.
4. Excuses from him why he could not ship.

VR/

Vic

Old 02-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #8
Martino Reptiles
Warning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natieb View Post
I haven't been following on Facebook, so maybe it's been brought up. But that picture he sent you doesn't look like a Pink Panther, and doesn't match either of the pictures of the ones you bought.

Good luck finding a resolution, maybe people will finally stop giving this guy business.
Exactly correct. The obvious clue is the female pic he sent me doesn't match any of the two females originally purchased. Beyond the multitude of excuses of why he cannot ship, he violated the contract in nearly every fashion, to include maintaining the health of the animals. Additionally a simple search of Manny Frade/Perfect Predators of the Fauna will provide the person with the MOST complains on the BOI. Users should use the tool of the Fauna BOI liberally.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:10 PM   #9
perfectpredators
What really happened

I met victor martino at Daytona 2011, seemed like a great guy and was a man in the armed services and earned my respect. Later that year he called me and offered to buy 2 boas and if I could raise them and breed them since he was at sea most of the time and wanted to have some animals breeding for him so by the time he gets back on land he can have more genetically diverse boas to work with. I was a bit skeptical but Vic said frank Martin was doing the same arrangement for him. I confirmed with frank and frank said Vic was good people. I normally would not agree to raise feed and care for anyone's boas and do a breeding arrangement too but I felt I couldn't refuse a proposal from a serviceman and learning others were already doing it I couldn't refuse.

Forward 5 1/2 years later I have not gotten a litter out of either after giving them 2 very big pushes. They're albinos and somewhat finicky at times so after 2 seasons of needing trials and a recent move, they've been having problems shedding 1 has refused meals often and 1 has refused to feed for some time now. this has happened with half a dozen females since the move and we're working through it, adult animals can be a pain when they move why buying adults is not big with many collectors as they do not all adjust the same to new environments like a baby or juvie. 2 boas 5 year old not breeding is not common but this happens, I have 8,9,10 year old boas that have yet to give me a litter, some I've gotten a first litter at 8,9,10 years of age before they became consistent. It's just the nature of breeding boas.

At any rate on a call regarding an animal victor had interest in it occurred to me to mention to Vic he should perhaps micro manage them some if I send them to him maybe he can get them eating and even go breed better since he has a small collection. We hung up and it was agreed when weather and things allowed I would ship. However I later realized it shouldn't be until they're at least back to eating as normal, I figured if they've reacted negatively after 1 move how can a 2nd move help? I expressed this to Victor, and that it wasn't my going back on my word just my thinking it through better. He wasn't having it, he now wanted his animals and was becoming angry. I was surprised it's curios because for 5 years they were out of sight out of mind and in a text just a couple weeks before he said something along the lines of it is what is what can you do you tried don't beat yourself up about it. In this text he never asked for them which if he did I would of sent them he never said "send them to me." It was my idea on that call to do it. In that call he said he had a partner and a person locally that maintains his animals now when he's at sea. Weird I was the one that proposed the idea but now it's a fire under his pants.

My last dealing with him this week after thinking through the whole shipping of the big boas was we perhaps wait, what if he gets them and they turn for the worse or simply choose 5,000 or close to in animals off my list/webpage. He wanted animals worth 8,000. I was dumbfounded how he needs 8000 today when he paid 5000 then and I gave him a deal to boot cause he bought 2. He claimed he should be compensated more because now the animals are big and breedable. And although this is true I think he forgot how they got there and who took on all the work and costs of getting them there. He wouldn't have it, and normally if he was nice about it, I would do it just because we were "friends" and he put confidence in me but he threatened me and I don't take well to threats. He said if I didn't do as he said and he gave me a deadline too OR he would tell the entire world what happened. So my typical reaction to threats is, don't wait for the deadline DO IT NOW!!

My message to Vic:
Hey Vic when you get over your hissy fit, we can send you back your boas or choose animals of similar value off my list/website. Although I have no respect for you I do respect your service To our country and you're a new father too so I would like to see you made whole but I am not bending over for you either because this whole thing was your idea and guess who raised them, fed them, cared for them all this time, don't like the lack of respect you're showing me either.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:41 PM   #10
JCCS
I don't know how much respect I'd be showing someone who ripped people out of their retirements, either. Honestly, no idea how you have the gall to act so self-righteous at this point.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!