Bad Guy DAN OR LAUREN COSTELLO @ REPTILESNSUCH@HOTMAIL.COM - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
YANKFANTHOM
DAN OR LAUREN COSTELLO @ REPTILESNSUCH@HOTMAIL.COM

The email came from reptilesnsuch@hotmail.com The guy signed the emails as Dan but the signature on the email was from a Lauren Costello. He used a Hatfield, PA zip code as his shipping point. He used an ad that was posted on here months ago and then sent me pics that were from my friends Faly he had for sale a bit back. He then also sent me pics of a chameleon from chameleon alley as a current pic after saying he didn't have a camera. BE AWARE!!!

Old 11-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
hhmoore
Please post the link to the ad (even if it has been deleted). Then do a search (here, on the BOI) on the name Dan Costello.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
YANKFANTHOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Please post the link to the ad (even if it has been deleted). Then do a search (here, on the BOI) on the name Dan Costello.
The response came from an ad I posted int he wanteds and they contacted me through e-mail. Nthing found for Dan Costello which leads me to believe not a real name. No surprises there.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
YANKFANTHOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YANKFANTHOM View Post
The response came from an ad I posted int he wanteds and they contacted me through e-mail. Nthing found for Dan Costello which leads me to believe not a real name. No surprises there.
NEVERMIND!!! I found plenty on this scammer. Looks like he's been at it since 2009 according to older BOI posts. Sick part is I think he is also posing as another guy named James who I had contact with about a purchase.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
hhmoore
Honestly, I figured he'd either moved on to greener pastures or was in jail. Hoping that he'd just stopped just wasn't realistic.....

Old 11-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
YANKFANTHOM
Quote:
Honestly, I figured he'd either moved on to greener pastures or was in jail. Hoping that he'd just stopped just wasn't realistic.....
He was dumb and used pictures of my friend Matt's Faly he had for sale and then used Chameleon Alley's photo trying to show the cham fired up. It sounds like his name may be popping up again more frequently. .

Old 11-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
hhmoore
As long as he's just cruising the ads and emailing people directly, there isn't much we can do beyond getting his name out there. If he PMs anybody, which would mean he's got another account here, I'd appreciate a quick message.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #8
YANKFANTHOM
Talking

Quote:
As long as he's just cruising the ads and emailing people directly, there isn't much we can do beyond getting his name out there. If he PMs anybody, which would mean he's got another account here, I'd appreciate a quick message.
I'll be sure to pass that along if it happens!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!