Need to express whatever it is I am feeling - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
Rebel Dragons
Need to express whatever it is I am feeling

I came across a real this morning. Who knows, maybe that was me??

Thursday I went back into the hospital cause my incision developed an abscess. (I'll spare everyone the details) I got out yesterday morning and we dropped off my scrips on the way home. This morning I drove to the store to pick them up. I don't walk real fast these days and the new support binder I have to wear 24/7 does not help in that department either. I tried to park by a buggy corral so I could quickly grab a buggy. I use the buggy for support and it just makes my trip a little easier and faster. Couldn't get close to one so I parked where a buggy was in between the cars. I grabbed it and went in. Anyway, while waiting for the pharmacy tech to find my scrips and all that good stuff, I did some quick shopping. Got my scrips, paid for everything else and walked out to the car. I put the bags in the car and parked the buggy in between the cars. Next thing I know I have this man calling me an a-hole and screaming at me cause I didn't walk the buggy back to the front of the store. I was so shocked I just stared at him. He then calls me a f-in punk, grabs the buggy I left in the middle and walks away. Once in the car I was hit with a ton of emotions. I was mad as hell about what just happen. I was embarrassed cause I should be able to bring the buggy to the corral or the front of the store. And a few others emotions I can't even place a name on. I just sat there for a few minutes shaking. I mean this guy had no idea why I did what I did. If getting out of the car wasn't such a production I should have went back into the store and confronted him. I wanted to..... but instead I once again kept my mouth shut when I should have said something. I don't know who I'm more upset with, him or myself.

I'm sorry for the rambling, I'm just still upset about it. I have no idea why this trivial thing is bugging me so bad badly.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #2
coyote
Who was the guy? A store employee or another customer?
You are not responsible for his reaction or his having a "problem" with what you did. His behavior was over the top.
This guy might not have been willing to hear anything you said even if you had spoken up.
Follow your doctors instructions and take all your meds. In good time you will heal, gain fitness and won't need to use the shopping cart for support. At which time you can return it to the store or leave it in the parking lot, as you wish, as everyone else does.
Unfortunately, there will always be idiots.

Old 03-26-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Who was the guy? A store employee or another customer?
You are not responsible for his reaction or his having a "problem" with what you did. His behavior was over the top.
This guy might not have been willing to hear anything you said even if you had spoken up.
Follow your doctors instructions and take all your meds. In good time you will heal, gain fitness and won't need to use the shopping cart for support. At which time you can return it to the store or leave it in the parking lot, as you wish, as everyone else does.
Unfortunately, there will always be idiots.
He was just some random guy.

I feel a bit better just getting it off my chest. Maybe we will meet again in another parking lot. I'll introduce him to the undercarriage of my car.

Old 03-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
screaming at me cause I didn't walk the buggy back to the front of the store..
I have felt ill in the past and not walked the buggy back, or felt that, for instance, because I was buying meds for an ill child that my not moving the buggy might be excused because I had to get back home quickly.

I have also typed in caps at times, accidentally parked over a parking line, and I'm sure done a host of other things that those with a predilection for getting knickers in knots love to be critical about.

They can eat my shorts, but I don't think I'd actually run over them. After all,in a few years they will smart off at one person too many and get in a fight, and I can punish them by overcharging them handsomely for my services.

He's probably an internet troll too. Tell ya what if he comes around here and tells the story of the buggy in the parking lot, I'll slam him with negative Karma, OK?

Old 03-26-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
Art Klass
Mike, Don't sweat it. I think that you did the right thing by blowing the guy off. He probably works for the Post Office or something. Don't worry about it. Focus on taking care of yourself. You are in my prayers. Art

Old 03-27-2006, 12:17 AM   #6
Rebel Dragons
I'd never run anyone over but I was steamed enough to fantasize about it this morning.

Maybe I'm just being over sensitive these days. I should have just waved and smiled at him. That would have probably made him madder.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:28 AM   #7
Ginger Ambrose
When, you are in a situation where you do not feel yourself, for whatever reason, it is normal to feel out of control.
You did the right thing, I hope your healing process is, quick and painless as possible.
It is also very normal, to want to respond to anger with anger, you were the bigger man. God Bless.

Old 03-27-2006, 02:11 AM   #8
Junkyard
You know Mike, you have really gone through a lot within the last year or two with yourself and other people. Usually an illness causes all the emotions one has to the top and we are not able to understand which one is in charge. Sometimes these are moments to take a step back and figure out which one is causing you the most emotional pain and then deal with it. Use each emotion as a tool and weed out the problems, when you are feeling the lowest to the ground; pick up a phone, book, turn on the tv, say a prayer, say your sorry, or whatever is needed to overcome that emotion.

Use your time wisely. Life is too short to regret not doing something that would have been the right choice at the time. Do not regret anything, do not doing anything that will cause you to have regrets.

I have some regrets in life I can never take back, some that I will never be able to revisit and fix. There is no one I can call, no where I can go, I am left to the mercy of God to forgive me and it hurts. Trust me, you do not want that.

Old 03-27-2006, 02:17 AM   #9
ladyserpent7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
I'd never run anyone over but I was steamed enough to fantasize about it this morning.

Maybe I'm just being over sensitive these days. I should have just waved and smiled at him. That would have probably made him madder.

as long as its just a fantasy buddy..haha..we all have our demented dreams at times..but you did the right thing

Old 04-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #10
lizardsister2
I hate it when people respond to what they assume is going on without thinking about it. A few months ago my truly crappy car broke down when I stopped at a red light. It wouldn't move at all. I couldn't even get over to the side. I'm in the process of unbuckling so that I can wait for a safe moment, get out, put the hood up, and put the flashers on so that everyone can see what's going on when a woman drives by. She's obviously a soccer mom, suv, two small kids. I'm sure she had somewhere to be in a hurry, but she sticks her head out the car and starts screaming and cursing, "What the f#$@ are you doing?" among other phrases, and very loud so that her kids can hear her, too. I felt awful and got shaken up because I do hate confrontation, but really what can you do? These situations happen. The only thing you can do is try to be the better person and when little things happen to irritate or inconvenience you don't just jump to the conclusion that the other person is being a jerk on purpose. It always does seem to happen when you have tons of other stuff happening to you at the same time though. Hope you feel better soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!