My first Gecko/Reptile EVER! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #31
River
More pictures!

Jax pooped yesterday! *happy dance*

Funny thing happened today though.
I opened the container with the crickets in it and one JUMPED OUT! I was like :O Oh no. I thought it landed on my dresser but it didn't. It landed in the bag that they go in to get powdered with vitamins before getting eaten. It was awesome. But it was a HUGE cricket. Jax ran away from it at first. But I think she ate it now.

And she's letting me hold/pet her a lot now. I forced my dad to hold her in the tank too. He was like "that wasn't so bad... but I won't do it again."

He lies. We all know he loves the gecko. ^_^
Jax was cool with it too. She just trotted along our hands. She likes to go up my sleeve, though, if I forget to roll it up first. Lol

Old 05-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #32
Ed Clark
Thats great to hear, and it sounds like all is well with Jax!

Old 05-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #33
River
Okay, so I've been misting the tank every day.

I'm just curious, when will Jax start shedding?

She's roughly three months old now.

However, doesn't seem to like the moist hide. It's just a margerine container right now until I can get something better. She won't go it in. It make sure it's moist all the time, though. Just in case.

I've been feeding her one-two crickets every day, so that she gets the vitamins she needs. They're good sized ones, too. Since the petstore kind of failed at their measuring...

But she eats them after a while.

She really likes climbing the plastic ficus plant I got her. And I surprised her by getting the exact same hide she had in her tank at the petstore. I saw her in it a lot there, and when she wasn't really going anyway in the tank, I decided to make it more natural - looking. Without plastic tubs. Lol

I had another question.
I used to collect rocks.. can I put some in the tank for her to climb around on?
I'll wash them first, but whats the best way to do so?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!