Mike's Reptile Bin, AKA Michael Borriello - BAD - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
catsandrats
Thumbs down Mike's Reptile Bin, AKA Michael Borriello - BAD

This guy is a fraud. He advertised on kingsnake.com : Smoking Hot Pastel Redtail Boa 100% Het for albino male with paperwork. Ready to Breed. This poor snake is sick, he is about 4 feet and under a pound. He is not a pastel and I did not get any paperwork. It is the most pitiful looking snake I have every seen. I paid this guy $350 to get a healthy adult pastel male that is 100% het for albino, and got a sick snake that is not even worth $5.00. The way he was shipped was horrible to. The box was in bad shape, the styrofoam was in pieces and there was no padding in there to protect him. This is a nightmare. I would send a pic of the poor snake but it is too large. If I can figure out how to resize the pic I will post it here.

Avoid anything to do with this guy: Michael Borriello Mike's Reptile Bin Florida
mikexotic@yahoo.com. Telephone # is: 727-420-0980

Old 06-04-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
iasc300
Upload the to photobucket and paste them here- the pictures of the boa and the package

Old 06-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #3
liquidleaf
Have you contacted the seller to point these things out? If so, did he respond? In what way does the boa seem sick, RI, dehydrated, emaciated, mites? You should also let him know that you have posted here, sometimes it will get a seller to repair the situation a little faster.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #4
catsandrats
He's ignoring all attempts of contact. The snake is emancipated. He is an adult red tail and weighs under a pound. I will to adjust the photos today and send a pic.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:34 AM   #5
catsandrats
link to pic

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x...sicksnake3.jpg

Old 06-05-2007, 10:40 AM   #6
liquidleaf

Figured I'd repost the image for you so people don't have to follow a link.

It's a bit hard to tell from that photo, though the snake does look like its spine is protruding. How old is the snake supposed to be? How long is it? It's hard to tell without a point of reference in the photo. From the shape of the snake's body, it almost looks limp like a very very young snake, though I'm sure that's not the case.

Is it moving around much at all? Has it fed yet?

I also emailed the seller to notify them of this thread's existance, since they might be ignoring your email address. Hopefully they will come here and answer.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #7
catsandrats
Thanks for the help. I not very good at this computer stuff. I am still trying to figure out how to post photos for my ads on kingsnake.com. It may take me a while, lol. He is quite active. He is about 4 feet long. It was sold to me as an adult but I am not sure on the age. I try to get better pics today of him. He is a very friendly snake and I feel really bad for him. I offered him live mice and rats and he ignores them. I want to work with this snake and try to get him healthy. It's the fact that I paid $350 for something that was not as described in the ad. The ad is expired but I made a copy of it. It is definetly not the snake in the picture and nothing of what he was described as.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #8
liquidleaf
Absolutely, I'd be upset if I paid for an animal and it was not as described when it arrived.

Also - if you grab the IMG tag (with square brackets) for your image on PhotoBucket (listed as a link for forums and bulletin boards, on the photo display page, to the right), you should be able to use links like that for KS as well.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #9
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsandrats
The snake is emancipated.
It sucks that he is sick; but at least he is free.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #10
erk2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
It sucks that he is sick; but at least he is free.
I noticed that too. Then again I have all my animals emancipated when they arrive so that I'm not responsible for feeding them LOL

catsandrats: I think you just got your words mixes up there, I think you were looking for emaciated.......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!