Jesse Barrett of Glendale AZ is a bad buyer: - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #31
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie Luna
The snake on the report is the snake you shipped. But the IBD is from your friend. and you don't want to identify the person so you can protect them.

Now the snake on the report is no longer the snake you shipped.

Well goodness gracious. Is it or isn't it?
Ritchie,

In another post he claimed the Costa Rican Boas were kept in his kitchen away from his other snakes.

From http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...542#post590542:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
Craig:

I got the viper boas last week and they said they can't smell any virus but suggested I use more deodorant.

Are you ignoring the fact that the other boas were shipped months ago. If it was a virus, how long do you think it could linger on the kitchen counter where I kept the Costa Rican boas for a few days before I shipped them?

Want me to burn down the house to make you confident there is no virus or go back and freeze the garter snake or water snake I had also for sale at the time in another room?

Listen boobs, there was no virus, there is no virus, there are only thick skulls and morons and idiots that don't know what they are talking about.

Oh, and there are roses to be smelled so take a wif.

Dan

Two of them have to be lies.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #32
Dan Scolaro
Jim:

I never lied in any thread and that is what upsets you.

You cannot prove any of your nasty charges.

There is no virus, just idiotic conjecture from men with small weiners

Dan

Old 05-16-2008, 04:18 AM   #33
DSHULD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
Jim:

I never lied in any thread and that is what upsets you.

You cannot prove any of your nasty charges.

There is no virus, just idiotic conjecture from men with small weiners

Dan

I don't know about the lieing part and personally I don't care but I am glad I learned of this site from another forum cause I was seriously thinking about getting the female suri that is listed at the moment on ks for $250 plus shipping for my male. "just idiotic conjecture from men with small weiners" and other comments in other threads have convinced not to waste my time as I don't want to end up with that kind of after sale service. Which really sucks cause she does have nice coloring on her but it is not worth the chance. I could be wrong in listening to other comments from others and I don't like to take what others say for anything more than a recommendation but how you have handled your own verbage is enough to scare anyone away.

don shults

Old 05-16-2008, 09:24 AM   #34
Cat_72
Don, good post, and welcome to Fauna!

Waaaayyyyy back at the beginning of all of this, I told Dan that if would have handled the issue differently, things would have also turned out very differently. The true measure of a good seller is not necessarily how many good deals they have, but how they handle it when one goes wrong. This is a very obvious case of that here. Things have gone from wrong to terribly, horribly wrong.

Apparently, according to Dan's philosophy, a seller can send out dead and dying animals all day long, but as long as he refunds their money, he's still a quality seller....no matter what disease he may have spread to the rest of your collection. That just ain't the way things work!

Best of luck in your search for a reputable person to buy a Suri girl from....just remember to check the BOI before making that deal!

Old 05-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #35
DSHULD
thanks for the welcome even though I'm on someone elses thread. I honestly would have given Dan the benefit of doubt cause I don't know him or anyone else on here for that matter and like I said if it had not been for some of the things I've read for his comments in response back I probably would have gone and ordered that suri. Don't get me wrong I do listen to everyones opinion on breeders or wholesalers what ever the case is but I do take it with a grain of salt at the same time. A lot of people are against "petshop" animals for what ever thier reasons but I am the type if I see an "animal" at my friends shop I'm going to buy it not just cause I know the owner but because I like the way it looks (which he does order from "reputable" breeders for me if there is something specific I want, we just can't find the right suri!). But the point I am makeing is the language I am a overnight auditor/manager for a rental company where I live and there is no way I would even think about saying some of the things that have been said on his part especially with him being the owner/ operator of the company. There is a way to get what you want with out makeing your self out to be a jack but I would think with 30+ years exp. he would have figured that out.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:42 PM   #36
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSHULD
thanks for the welcome even though I'm on someone elses thread. I honestly would have given Dan the benefit of doubt cause I don't know him or anyone else on here for that matter and like I said if it had not been for some of the things I've read for his comments in response back I probably would have gone and ordered that suri. Don't get me wrong I do listen to everyones opinion on breeders or wholesalers what ever the case is but I do take it with a grain of salt at the same time. A lot of people are against "petshop" animals for what ever thier reasons but I am the type if I see an "animal" at my friends shop I'm going to buy it not just cause I know the owner but because I like the way it looks (which he does order from "reputable" breeders for me if there is something specific I want, we just can't find the right suri!). But the point I am makeing is the language I am a overnight auditor/manager for a rental company where I live and there is no way I would even think about saying some of the things that have been said on his part especially with him being the owner/ operator of the company. There is a way to get what you want with out makeing your self out to be a jack but I would think with 30+ years exp. he would have figured that out.
The reason all of this even came up was because He sold an animal to a guy, that died within a few days of recieving the animal. that guy, got the animal necropsied, and the report came back showing that the animal was very sick.

IBD is a highly contagious disease that is mainly carried in Boid snakes. Pythons and Boas.( but they are finding it in other species now too) Instead of stopping sales and checking his animals, dan pretended he did not know any better, and got immediately defensive and angry. Calling out names and throwing insults like the problem he may still have, wasnt a big deal. He consistantly called IBD Cells, Bone cells, which is not what IBD is. Its called Inclusion Body Disease, and Inclusion cells were noted in the Necropsy report of the dead boa.

IBD kills pythons faster than boas, but can remain dormant in either animals for a period of time, boas, generally longer.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:00 AM   #37
DSHULD
I understand the part about ibd. Yes everyone should know about that granted But that is not what my point was, my point I very cleary stressed in the previous post.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #38
critical bill
Quote:
I understand the part about ibd. Yes everyone should know about that granted But that is not what my point was, my point I very cleary stressed in the previous post.
What point was that? The only point you've very clearly stressed in your previous posts is that you would have given Dan the benefit of doubt, in spite of all the credible evidence provided that he sold a snake with IBD. And you would have given him that chance in the face of that credible evidence if he simply didn't act like a jackass in how he formed his responses.

That's what seems to be clear to me. Seems to be a bit ass backward thinking to me. It seems to say that if he acted professionally you wouldn't have any problem dealing with him in spite of such credible evidence which is much more serious than a persons attitude and how they respond.

Hey but that's your choice to make.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #39
DSHULD
critical bill I am NOT here to get into arguement with you. My point is that if you are going to sit here and cuss other people for posting what happened to them then you
A: are not very business oriented
B: don't care how healthy your product is
C: are not going to provide very good after sale support
if you read my last statement in the first post I made on this thread I stated
"how you have handled your own verbage is enough to scare anyone away."
that did not mean I nor anyone else should not be concerned with the ibd issues. That means exactly what it says even though there have been reported health issues with his animals his language is enough to run anyone off.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #40
critical bill
Quote:
My point is that if you are going to sit here and cuss other people for posting what happened to them then you
A: are not very business oriented
B: don't care how healthy your product is
C: are not going to provide very good after sale support
Your points were not as well defined in your previous posts. These are good points, and point B being the absolute best.

I wasn't trying to argue with you, just trying to understand your position for not wanting to do business with him and challenging the reasoning.

Good Luck trying to find that right Suri for your project. I'm sure you'll find one sooner or later without such risk that could wipe out your entire collection.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!