Anyone know Codey Cortez, Miami? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:00 AM   #1
Roerep
Anyone know Codey Cortez, Miami?

He's offering to buy a Blood Python from me. No particular reason to be suspicious, but want to make sure this is above board.

He offered to pay with a money order, and I said the check would have to clear before I could ship the snake. I also asked for his full name and where he lives. I got this reply:

MIAMI FLORIDA........Thanks for the reply i will like you to please forward ASAP your details,Full name and Address and telephone number for the payment to be issue on time with money order ,I am counting on your support in concluding this transaction within the shortest possible time....MY NAME IS CODEY.

Not the typical response...any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks-
Jim Lineberger

Old 05-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #2
Robust_Beardies
I don't have anything to say about a "Codey Cortez" but thats a scam! Stay clear from them. We had the same exact thing happen to us (but they used a different name and location) with our bearded dragons, someone emailed us about buying a dragon from one of our ads on kingsnake and said he wants to pay with a money order but never gave any info and wouldn't even say which dragon he was interested in! They just kept saying "Thanks for the reply i will like you to please forward ASAP your details,Full name and Address and telephone number for the payment to be issue on time with money order ,I am counting on your support in concluding this transaction within the shortest possible time." After a few times of going back and forth and me thinking maybe it was just a language barrier they kept emailing me saying the same thing and that "they must send payment on time so it is critical that I give them MY info" I ended all communications and they finally gave up. They take your info and steal your identity or something.....

Tell them to go away and save yourself a big headache

Richard Siegel

Old 05-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
Roerep
thanks for the feedback, Richard-

I have heard about these situations...I'll stay clear of this one.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
mvite
I got the exact email from the same person Codey Cortez--I felt it was a scam as well because of the wording.

A couple weeks prior---I received similar emails from someone named Denise (worded clumsily and rushing) to purchase a $100 corn snake. I received a check for $1500 and the following instructions. The name below is outta nowhere---it's like the 3rd name they gave by this point.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
Thanks for your Swift respone and kind gesture,Deposit the Payment Today and email to let me know the Date the Check will Clear and as soon as the Check Clears,all you need to do now is deduct your own money and send the rest of funds which is for the shipping funds via Money Gram International Money Transfer to enable the shipper begin shipping arrangements and aswell come over for the pick up after the Check has Cleared.
Below is the informaton for the Money Gram Money Transfer:

Name: Chike Ihenacho
Address: 112 Pompano Dr
City: Gary
Zip Code: 46407
State: Indiana

When you get to the Money Gram,they will ask for the Text Question and Answer you will be using for the Transfer.

Use this: Let the Text Question Be: What is the Colour of the Sky?
Let the Answer Be:Blue.

Feel free to deduct the Money Gram transfer charges from the funds you will be sending.....OK.

I advice you make sure the snake is ready for pick up Ok.
I will look forward to read from you in this regard and do get the funds sent via Money Gram and email me with the Transfer Details as requested below:

1.)Reference Number of 8 Digits Number
2,)Amount Sent after Deducting Money Gram charges
3,)Text Question and Answer
4,)Sender's Name and Receiver's Name
5,)Sender's Address and Receiver' Address

In order to help make the transfer easy for you,i have helped you look up some Money Gram Office nearest to you where you can go and get the Transfer done once the Check Clears.
Below are some Money Gram Office locations:

---------------------------------

Because I was an idiot and gave them my home address--they were kind enough to locate some places where I could get the money for them!!!

I am totally gun-shy of selling now!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!