chaco tortoise missing/stolen - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
platynota
chaco tortoise missing/stolen

Missing: adult male chaco tortoise, light brown, smooth carapace.

No digging was seen to signify escape from his outdoor quarters, and he's never been seen to climb. The likeliest scenario is he was stolen sometime this afternoon or evening, June 22nd, 2010. I live in a small town about 40 minutes outside of Kansas City, MISSOURI.

$100 + dollar reward for return of tortoise--no questions asked.

Please check the picture provided with arrow pointing to him; his name is Andres. If anyone has him, any information on him, or sees him for sale, please notify me immediately at kepler_23@hotmail.com

Thank you,

Aaron
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
Magic Merlin
Dude, that sucks!!!!!! How big is he.....length, width, weight, age? Small town means you know the thief and the thief knew your schedule.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
polasian
Moved from the classifieds.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
Michael Brown
Sorry for your lose man, ill keep an eye out on various websites to make sure if he was stolen no one trys to turn a profit once again sorry for your lose...

Old 06-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
platynota
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the watch. I can't rule out theft nor his own escape from the pen. Today I saw a place where he might have slid the fence up because the binding holding the sides together had weakened (lots of storms), and I'm thinking now he could just be cruising on the lose, having a merry time. I'd rather that than being taken.

Again, thank you. He is about 5 1/2 to 6 inches plastron length.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!