Bruce Eisenmann's new identity? - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #91
HerpVenue
Finally some progress on Taxidermy.net I am hoping that the people here also complained to the proper authorities as well. they are getting him for having a fake raffle for the vets. It would be nice if they also got him for scamming the reptile community. Dealing with animals when he should not have been doing. Impersonating his dead father. etc etc etc. It would be nice if this were the nail in the coffin and finally put bruce away in prison where he belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySheppard
Just want to let you all know that we here have been asked by the York County Sherrif's Department (which is the county that covers out-of-city limits complaints here in Fort Mill, SC) not to post any further information on the forum concerning this situation until the matter is investigated and put to rest. Just wanted to let you know that we're not avoiding anyone.

Tracy
http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index...c,82725.0.html

Old 04-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #92
HerpVenue
Quote:
Anyone who takes a furbearing animal by any
means, for sale, trade, exchange or barter, anyone
who traps, and anyone who possesses more than 5
furbearing animals or raw or green pelts must have
the following licenses: (1) a valid state hunting
license (regardless of age) (2) a Commercial Fur
Harvesters License ($25 for resident, $200 for
nonresidents.) These licenses shall be carried while
involved in fur taking activities.
Anyone who purchases any whole furbearing
animal, raw or green furs, pelts or hides is
required to have a Fur Buyer’s License ($100.00 for
residents, $200 for nonresidents).
Exemptions from Fur Buyer’s License: (1) a
person who acquires not more than five furs, pelts,
hides, or whole animals for his own personal use
during one season and not for barter, exchange,
or sale; (2) a person licensed as a fur processor
($500); (3) a taxidermist who possesses a fur, pelt,
hide, or whole furbearing animal legally owned by
another person which he is holding temporarily
solely for the purposes of processing; (4) a person
acquiring furbearing animal carcasses without hides; (5) an owner or enclosure operator of a
permitted fox and coyote hunting enclosure who
purchases live foxes or coyotes for release into
the enclosure. (50-11-2420, 50-11-2470. 50-11-
2480)
anyone know the links to where I can research if bruce even has the necessarry permits? I know he takes in the animals. I just need to investigate if bruce is doing all this stuff illegally. Maybe SC DNR can pay him a visit.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #93
HerpVenue
I forgot to say, that the above quote can be found here

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/pdf/furharvestbrochure.pdf

I know nothing in the taxidermy or the hunting world.
All I know is bruce needs somekind of license.
And my gut instincts tell me all he has is a driver's license.

anyone have any clues what kinds of licenses he needs and where I can look up if he has them

Old 04-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #94
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie Luna
I forgot to say, that the above quote can be found here

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/pdf/furharvestbrochure.pdf

I know nothing in the taxidermy or the hunting world.
All I know is bruce needs somekind of license.
And my gut instincts tell me all he has is a driver's license.

anyone have any clues what kinds of licenses he needs and where I can look up if he has them

anyone who does taxidermy in any state is required at a minimum to have a taxidermy license with that state. Depending on the type of animals they are working with they may be required to have other permits. If they are doing taxidermy work for someone else (say out state), they would need to have copies of the permits of that person (if the animal was required to have a permit in that person's state).

For example if I was lic. to do taxidermy and I wanted to mount a native endangered species, I would be required to also have a scientific collector permit in addition to a taxidermy lic. showing that I could legally possess a native endangered species as well as legally be able to do the taxidermy work on it.

Now, if I have animals that I want to send out to a taxidermist (say because I was not lic. to do my own taxidermy), I would give the taxidermist a copy of any necessary permits I had showing I could legally possess those animals I wanted mounted. A copy of my permit(s) stays with the each of the animal(s) so that if someone decided to investigate or check up on the taxidermist, they would have proof they were doing mounts for someone who was in legal possession of those animals. I believe (not positive) that the taxidermist must also have their own permits that cover the same animal(s) if the animals also happen to be a native species of their state.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #95
grandmagreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie Luna
Finally some progress on Taxidermy.net I am hoping that the people here also complained to the proper authorities as well. they are getting him for having a fake raffle for the vets. It would be nice if they also got him for scamming the reptile community. Dealing with animals when he should not have been doing. Impersonating his dead father. etc etc etc. It would be nice if this were the nail in the coffin and finally put bruce away in prison where he belongs.

They should call or email their local news agencies.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #96
reagorfu
are you all sure that you have to obtain a license to do ANY taxidermy work? that sounds crazy. i live in Oklahoma, so maybe it is different here, but i know plenty of kids around here that do all kinds of small animals like ducks or other small game birds and squirrel. none of them have even a drivers license. i know that this guy is tool, but i don't think that you have to have a license unless you have a business. i just know too many folks around here that are really good and would not even know how to get a license and even if they did they would never get one. no sheriff, police or game warden care about it too, must be that there are people doing real crimes.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #97
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by reagorfu
are you all sure that you have to obtain a license to do ANY taxidermy work? that sounds crazy. i live in Oklahoma, so maybe it is different here, but i know plenty of kids around here that do all kinds of small animals like ducks or other small game birds and squirrel. none of them have even a drivers license. i know that this guy is tool, but i don't think that you have to have a license unless you have a business. i just know too many folks around here that are really good and would not even know how to get a license and even if they did they would never get one. no sheriff, police or game warden care about it too, must be that there are people doing real crimes.
Just because those kids are doing it doesn't mean that what they are doing is actually legal. The need for a permit for taxidermy work is not age related so it doesn't matter how old someone is - if they are doing taxidermy work on wildlife they need permits of some kind. One should always check with their local DNR agency to see what is required for their particular state when it comes to wildlife in general (since you might find you need more than just one type of permit). Animals considered to be "domestic" probably don't fall under any regulations and most likely would not require a permit, but you should still check. Some states do require a permit for any kind of taxidermy work you do regardless if the animal is considered wildlife or other.

Birds are another matter since pretty much all birds in the US are protected under the Migratory bird act with a few exceptions. Federal permits are needed to possess any bird species covered by the migratory bird act - even when doing taxidermy work. Federal permits for birds will NOT be issued to someone if they don't first have their state permits in order. You also have to be wary of the lacey act when taking animals from other people to do taxidermy work - you definitely want both parties to have all permits in order in case someone decides to check up on ya.

The links below cover the migratory bird permits for taxidermy and has a little bit of information about other animals.

http://www.fws.gov/permits/faqs/Fact...Front&Back.pdf
http://www.fws.gov/forms/3-200-8.pdf (permit application)

I know in MY state you can do taxidermy work only for yourself without a lic., but depending on the animal(s) you may have to have other permits to legally possess those animals in the first place.

If you also want to do taxidermy work for someone other than yourself, you would need to apply for a taxidermist permit/lic., pay a $50 fee and take a written test (& pass it) as well as show the state some examples of your taxidermy work before they will issue you a taxidermy lic. Most people i know tend to apprentice under someone already lic. for a while before they try to get their own lic. You have to take the written exam and pass it. If you fail it 3 times in a row, they junk your application and make you wait a full year before you can reapply. Once you have your taxidermist permit, you pay an annual fee to renew it.

If you working with furbearing animals you must also have a fur dealer permit (regardless of where you get the furs from) especially if you cannot prove you got those furs legally from another dealer, etc. That annual lic. costs $50 if you are a resident (i.e. lived in state no less than 6 months), and $100 for a non-resident (i.e. don't live in state or lived in state less than 6 months).

Old 05-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #98
reagorfu
wow, thanks. i didn't know any of that at all. kinda weird that you can hunt an animal and eat it, you can save the skin or just throw it away, but if you fix it up to look like it is alive again you need another license. yeah, most of the people i know that do it just do it for themselves. now I'm gonna give them hell everytime i see them. tell them i am gonna turn them in for black market mallards. lol.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #99
HerpVenue
Hey Bruce,
just in case you are reading this.
I can't say too much. But when IT comes out, you will know what IT is, can you buy me a copy and autograph it for me? I will pay for shipping, your gas money, and fifty cents.

Remind me never to be a scammer.
And if I become one, remind me not to scam the people on taxidermy.net .
Those guys are getting tremendous results.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #100
HerpVenue
mark, you've got important e-mail

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bruce eisenmann