Alert: Have You Seen This Snake? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
rabernet
Alert: Have You Seen This Snake?

This snake belongs to me. However, she has disappeared from the breeder that she was at, and was discovered missing when she was due to be shipped to me.

If you see her listed for sale, or see anyone who is posting pictures of her as a newly acquired animal, please contact me immediately for a monetary reward, if it leads to her recovery. Here is her photobucket folder for comparison pictures.

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/rabernet/Enchi/

If you are the person who took her, please contact me to make arrangements to ship her to me, and I will not press charges. However, if someone else provides me with information that leads me to you - I will swiftly take legal action to recover her, including filing a police report of her theft.

If she was sold to you, she was not legally owned by the person who sold her to you - and I will work with you to replace her with another enchi instead. I will require that you reveal all the contact information of the person who sold her to you.

I believe that her looks are unique enough that she is very easily identifiable.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in helping to recover this animal!

Robin Abernethy
robin@robinsnestreptiles.com
http://www.robinsnestreptiles.com

Old 10-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
Good luck.... dang. That freakin sucks.

Who is the breeder you got her from?

Old 10-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
SPJ
I hope you find her but the breeders explanation sounds fishy to me.
How do you just "lose" a snake that is on loan (especially an A+ morph) and not discover it is missing until it is supposed to go back to the owner?

Old 10-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
rabernet
Steve,

She was never on loan. I purchased her - she was shipped to me early summer, but with a slight respiratory infection - so I was asked to ship her back so that they could treat her.

We just arranged to have her shipped back to me. She was not the only animal that was discovered stolen.

I am being intentionally vague on the breeder, to try to determine if responses that I get (if any) are from the right area of the country.

Simply put - this animal belongs to me, and anyone who posts her up for sale or in a brag post, other than myself, is not the owner. I have pictures of her from when she was a baby when I picked her out, up until the May/June time period.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Shadera
She's from the east, is she not? I think I remember you being excited about picking her out. I hope you manage to find her, or at least find out where and how she went.

Had a breeder in the southeast once tell me the animals he was going to send escaped. Not so sure I believe it, but some people are just like that I guess.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
had an ri when you got her? kinda not cool... dont care who the breeder was, that IS fishy.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
rabernet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
had an ri when you got her? kinda not cool... dont care who the breeder was, that IS fishy.
Very mild, most likely exaserbated on by the stress of shipping.

Irregardless, my main point in posting this was not put this breeder under the microscope, because their integrity is not in question for ME in this situation and what we're doing to come to a resolution (either a refund or a replacement animal), but I do hope that if someone sees her up for sale, that they will let me know. For me, it's about recovering THIS ANIMAL, and the more eyes I can get paying attention to classifieds, or forums (in case someone posts a brag picture about a new enchi that looks like her), I increase the odds of that recovery.

They did check their invoices and sales, and no '08 enchi's were sold or shipped during the time that she disappeared. And the tub that she was in had my name written on the tub "Robin's enchi - Madison" (yes, I had already named her).

The fact that other animals are also missing points to internal theft, either by an employee or a weekend volunteer. They believe she was taken a day or two before she was supposed to be shipped.

I'm very angry - I'm angry at the thief that took her and the other animals. I felt that I had to do something, and not sit helplessly by just wondering what happened to her. I may always wonder what happened to her and who has her, but at least I tried.

Thank you to everyone who reads this and keeps this post in mind if they see her advertised for sale.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
shrap
Sorry to hear this, Robin. I truly feel for you. Very few things in life disgust as much as thieves do. I know it aint much, but I will certainly keep an eye out.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #9
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
The fact that other animals are also missing points to internal theft, either by an employee or a weekend volunteer.

That sounds like what probably happened.
That enchi is smoking.
I will keep my eyes open and let you know if I see an ad pop up with her in it.
Good luck.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #10
MKingman
Robin, I'm sorry about this--I know how much you treasured this awesome snake. Good luck on your quest, I'll keep my eyes peeled for her.

Cheers,
-Matt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!