Fake UPS Man Pistol Whips, Tases Woman - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
deborahbroadus
Fake UPS Man Pistol Whips, Tases Woman

Quote:
Fake UPS Man Pistol Whips, Tases Woman in S.E

A man wearing what appeared to be a UPS uniform invaded a SE Washington home, then pistol whipped and tased a woman.

Thursday Jun 17, 2010 6:44PM
WASHINGTON - Most of us don't have any suspicion when we see a UPS delivery man coming to the door.
It's a familiar sight: a knock at the door, the brown suit, a package for delivery.

But it's no longer a trusted sight for a woman who lives in the District. Wednesday she and her husband were attacked and robbed inside their home by a man dressed in a UPS uniform.

"It just really hit me today what happened," she said today.
She said a man in a brown UPS uniform came to her door around 7:30 a.m. while she was still asleep. He told her husband he had a certified letter for delivery.

But when her husband opened the door a little, the man stuck a gun in his side and ordered him to get on the floor.

Then the uniformed attacker pulled out a walkie talkie and summoned another gunman to the house.

When one of the gunmen went upstairs, he woke her and demanded to know where their money was.

"I said, 'What money are you talking about? We don't keep money in the house.' He said, 'don't make me kill you. Where's the money?'"

She said he told her to turn over so he could tie her up.

"Some kind of way, I fought him off me and he pulled out a taser gun and started tasing me and he started pistol whipping me," she said. "It felt like steel coming down on your head. It hurt."

She has staples in her head now, stitches behind her ear, and a large bruise over her eye.

She said her screaming caused both suspects to stop ransacking her home.

"When I came downstairs, my husband was with a guy straddled over him with a pistol on him," she said.

"They got away with a wallet and briefcase." And now this woman worries for everyone else.
"I want the neighbors to be aware" she said. "Because UPS is over here all of the time."
From their headquarters in Atlanta, UPS said they will cooperate in the investigation. The company recommends that when you see someone in a UPS uniform at your door, ask for an ID before opening your door. And see if you can see a UPS truck outside.
VIDEOS:
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/061...?ref=newsstory

http://cfc.wjla.com/videoondemand.cfm?id=67763
I thought this was important enough to post here because this method could be used to steal someone's collection of herps.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
Heart4Dragonz
That's really scarey...

Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Utta
Thats low... I don't even know what to say... I hope they get caught and soon.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I thought this was important enough to post here because this method could be used to steal someone's collection of herps.

Or maybe KILL someone??

I'd let them take my collection and live to call the cops to arrest them!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!