Bob Clark Theft - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #21
Nick & Chelsea
Anyone ever heard of whitepages.com? Put in any first and last name with a city and state, and you get all of the rest of the details on addresses etc. Click of a key... Lotta work.. Here, we are required to expose all of the key information for anyone to acquire all of the rest of the info on a ton of sites like that. It's no wonder this is a problem around here. I just joined within the last two weeks, and have already seen this happen to more than one of our members.. Hasn't it ever occured to whom ever runs this site that perhaps, just maybe they shouldn't be posting this info on each of our threads & posts, and atleast limit it to our profile info pages. That way, atleast someone doesn't have to just click on a post or thread, and maybe they WOULD need to do a little work to find the info. Just a suggestion...

Old 04-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #22
Robert Potts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick & Chelsea View Post
The reason for this sort of thing happening, is because of the rules on this forum. I mean, Every single time one of us posts, or threads, and explains to the world what we have for sale, or just purchased. Our FULL NAME, CITY and STATE we live in and practically our damned dental records and social security numbers are out in the open for everyone to see.

I'm just saying.. Where's the security around here..?

No other forums have this kind of info displayed out in the open on every post or thread.

A lot of other forums don't even require a city, or any address info.

Seriously..
That's what makes this web-site so good and truly one of a kind model to be replicated. The only people who have a problem with all the public personal info are chicken shit cowards and scum bag thieves, which are you..? What makes this so funny is a gun was not put to your head to join Fauna, yet when you do and don't like what you see you cry like a psycho from hell.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:11 AM   #23
Briscoe007
If he really got robbed that is horrible, but I think it is pretty extreme to blame the forum. The fact is that people are not hard to find; it is pretty unlikely that someone just happened to be surfing this site, and stumbled upon his name and city then decided they had all they needed to rob him. THAT IS A REDICULOUS ASSUMPTION.

I dare not speak for another person, but he has more information that that posted on his own site. So, it seems rather absurd to blame this site.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #24
outlaw pythons
Wow. This has been since resolved and the theives caught and facing some long jail time. It was put on here so people would be on the look out for highend stuff coming up for sale.
As far as this other issue,are you serious
Sounds like a bunch of little girls crying. Lol

Old 04-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #25
garweft
Good to hear they were caught and dealt with.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #26
RubberDuckey273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick & Chelsea View Post
The reason for this sort of thing happening, is because of the rules on this forum. I mean, Every single time one of us posts, or threads, and explains to the world what we have for sale, or just purchased. Our FULL NAME, CITY and STATE we live in and practically our damned dental records and social security numbers are out in the open for everyone to see.

I'm just saying.. Where's the security around here..?

No other forums have this kind of info displayed out in the open on every post or thread.

A lot of other forums don't even require a city, or any address info.

Seriously..
I don't know about you, but if someone gives me a city and state, and even their name, I'm still going to have a hard time finding them in a normal city of hundreds or thousands of people. Not saying there aren't people that aren't good at finding that information, but its a risk you have to take if you want to do business.

I'm not worried, someone is always home at my house, and my grandfather sleeps with a gun next to his bed.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #27
paulWTAMU
And the fact that Bob Clark's address and business were pretty well known in the herp community already. His address is on his webpage.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!