Bad Guy Lesly Erin Crested Gecko Scammer - Exoticleecrested - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #1
EliteGeckos
Angry Lesly Erin Crested Gecko Scammer - Exoticleecrested

Hello, I'm writing here today to report a Scammer. Two years ago I saw a for sale post in PangeaReptiles forum. The breeder was selling a few Crested Gecko hatchlings and I happened to be interested in one. I contacted the breeder(Lesly Erin) and set up payment. I contacted her during summer when the temperatures were very high therefore she couldn't ship, I was okay with that. She gave me her phone and we contacted each other via text. But months passed and she always kept making an excuse as to why not ship. After many weeks she offered me another deal, the hatch mate of the gecko I had purchased (yet to arrive) for $35, I sent her the $35 plus the $175 of the first gecko + shipping. Weeks after the "offer" I contacted her via text since we haven't been on contact in over 2 weeks and temperatures were great for shipping. She did not answer, I tried to contact her various times however I never obtained a reply, her Facebook page went inactive after that.

That was part 1:

Part 2:
I didn't bother to post about this because I thought that perhaps something had happened to her, she had told me in her texts earlier that she was in the hospital.
About 4 weeks ago I checked her Facebook page out of curiosity only to find that she was back in "business" showcasing her latest hatchlings. I messaged her on Facebook, I obtained a reply saying that the previous breeder had sold the page to this new person in charge of the page but the owner of the page is still Lesly Erin. I told this "person" that they were to contact Lesly (Assuming this is not Lesly herself trying to get herself out of the mess she made) or otherwise I would be posting about it here, no reply as of yet.

Lesly did the exact same thing to another person 2 years ago.
Here's the link: http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...o-be-a-scammer

This is the Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/LeslysGeckos/

Proof of the payments be attached below. I'll keep this thread updated if Lesly suddenly decides to pay what she owes.

I'm not just posting this for myself but for other potential Crested Gecko buyers, so that they don't give their hard earned money this scammer.

Emails proof:

Thank you for reading and apologies for such a long thread.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2015, 01:15 PM   #2
EliteGeckos
Emails proof as attachments:
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2015, 01:16 PM   #3
EliteGeckos
Continued...
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
bcr229
Have you tried contacting her via her web site?
http://exoticleecrested.weebly.com/

Old 10-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #5
juliasara
Have you notified whoever is using the Facebook page of this post?

Old 10-28-2015, 02:51 PM   #6
EliteGeckos
I have guys, I talked to the person "using" the Facebook. I told them to please contact her for she had unfinished business and if she gave the page/name away to someone that's wrong in her part as well considering she owes people money. I tried to give her a chance to pay me, however she or the person using the page has not replied. The person behind the Facebook replied to tell me that Lesly was not the owner any longer, yet this person has not replied again afterwards. The lack of interest in their part hints that it could be a lie.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:52 PM   #7
EliteGeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
Have you notified whoever is using the Facebook page of this post?
And yes I did just a few minutes ago, the person has read the message yet no response.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:15 PM   #8
EliteGeckos
The person behind the Facebook finally responded tonight saying that they took over for Lesly about the time Lesly went inactive. Again I'm not entirely sure who is the person behind the account, it would be stupid to assume everything is true considering I was scammed. The person behind the account said they would start over, they told me that they took over Leslie's page due to the fact it was already started and it had a few likes. In the end I did not get my $210 back which sucks but, it is worse having no morals and scamming people. I'll keep this thread updated if something comes up related to this issue.

Thanks everyone and hopefully this won't happen to any of you. Always buy from trusted breeders, google their name, etc just to be sure.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:29 PM   #9
The Magic maker
Really??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGeckos View Post
The person behind the Facebook finally responded tonight saying that they took over for Lesly about the time Lesly went inactive. Again I'm not entirely sure who is the person behind the account, it would be stupid to assume everything is true considering I was scammed. The person behind the account said they would start over, they told me that they took over Leslie's page due to the fact it was already started and it had a few likes. In the end I did not get my $210 back which sucks but, it is worse having no morals and scamming people. I'll keep this thread updated if something comes up related to this issue.

Thanks everyone and hopefully this won't happen to any of you. Always buy from trusted breeders, google their name, etc just to be sure.
I don't know understand why you are posting now. You can not make a claim on PayPal because it's been 2 years! For all we know the Lesly could be 6 feet under. Im sorry for what you went through but it's your fault for being in the position you are in now because you should have taken action sooner!

Old 11-04-2015, 08:07 PM   #10
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic maker View Post
I don't know understand why you are posting now. You can not make a claim on PayPal because it's been 2 years! For all we know the Lesly could be 6 feet under. Im sorry for what you went through but it's your fault for being in the position you are in now because you should have taken action sooner!
If you go back through the BOI you will find that the scammers, thieves, and various other bad guys in the industry get out for a few years, and then return to prey on the unwary when they think the furor has died down.

Lesly Erin's Facebook page is active so we can assume she's not six feet under, though the LeslysGeckos Facebook page linked in the OP that was working a week ago is now kaput.

Considering that the "business" web site is still up, with Lesly's name, email address, phone number, and picture still on the Contact page, I have a hard time believing the "someone else took over" story. Usually when you take over a business you take over everything, you don't leave the prior owner's contact information on the web site.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!