Bad Guy Nicholas P. Heistan CNH Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #1
pwebyd90
Nicholas P. Heistan CNH Reptiles

Agreed to buy a Het Red Axanthic female from this guy, never done business with him before but we live in the same state and he offered to meet me half way and it was a pretty long drive, so I gave him a shot. Eventually we decided it would be easier and cheaper to just ship, so we went that route, but thats not relevant to the story much :P We agreed on $175, and I was going to make payments on the snake... We agreed to a non refundable deposit of $35 in case I backed out of the sale and didn't finish paying for her... Every payment I sent we kept in contact about, him asking when I thought I could get her paid off so he could ship, perfect temps, other snakes he had, etc..

About 3 weeks and 4 payments later I sent the final payment, and sent Nicholas a message telling him the weather looked all clear for a Monday shipment. He responded that he would have to add up the payments because it wasn't adding up to $175, so I sent him a message with the payments and adding them up equaled 175. He replied back "Sending multiple payments there has been a lot of fees taken out", So i explained to him that the 3% fee would be the same with one lump sum or multiple payments.

He replied "That why said going to add everything up . And I don't think adds up .. also it 175 not 175 and I pay the fees .. I have never had a problem before.." I told him that we never discussed me paying the fee and its against paypals terms of service to charge the buyer the fee. Normally I would just pay the 3%, we've all done it before.. but the fact that he waited until I sent the very last payment to even mention once that he would be charging me the fees, and that they were more than the normal 3% just really upset me. I requested that he refund the money, as I wasn't going to pay more than our agreed amount.

Nicholas did not respond for several hours when he had been active in our conversation before I requested the refund. I sent him another message letting him know I was going to escalate it to paypal customer service, which he got upset about because they locked the money in his account. He is refusing to refund the $35 down payment because it was 'non refundable'... the non refundable deposit was in case I backed out or didnt finish paying.. the reason the refund was requested was because he tried to charge me more, so I explained to him I felt like he scammed me, waited until I sent payments he knew paypal wouldnt cover because it wasnt a lump sum, then before he sent me the snake I'd have to send him more money...

I am now going through my bank to get a refund because he is still refusing to refund the measly $35. He said he deserves it for me wasting his time. They are doing an investigation with paypal and thankfully I'm covered for the refund. Anybody running a business knows that adding onto the final price after payment has been sent is shady and he should have refunded the money since it wasnt me backing out, it was him trying to be greedy. I asked him multiple times to refund it or I was going to do a bad guy BOI on him, so here it is.. And I'm blocked on facebook by him now so here's some screenshots of our conversation.
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2015, 08:36 PM   #2
BillZ
It will be interesting to see how paypal responds to this. Normally they wont cover payment plans but interested to see how they determine a refund or not since the seller want to charge the buyer the 3% fee. Seller could lose their PP account since they violate PP TOS. Live animal should have nothing to do with the decision since nothing was ever shipped.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #3
CwnAnnwn
Has Mr. Heistan been notified of this thread? Anyone that is not blocked and has facebook would like to inform him of this.

I am trying to figure out the total he wanted?

175 plus paypal fees?

$1.20 for four transactions + $5.25 for the 3% of 175?

Old 11-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #4
pwebyd90
Paypal already told me they cant do anything about it, its all up to the seller. He refunded $140 a week ago which I am very happy about, but keeps refusing to refund the deposit.. The non refundable deposit was if I backed out, not if he upped the price the last minute knowing Paypal wouldn't do anything about it.. seems like scam to me, pay more or lose out

Old 11-03-2015, 08:42 PM   #5
pwebyd90
Quote:
Originally Posted by CwnAnnwn View Post
Has Mr. Heistan been notified of this thread? Anyone that is not blocked and has facebook would like to inform him of this.
I linked it on his CNH reptiles page so he would know about it, he's blocked me on his main page however

Old 11-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #6
Dennis Hultman
He is a member here.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=55133

Old 11-04-2015, 12:54 AM   #7
ElexisC
So you're worried about a $35 non refundable deposit? Non refundable deposits aren't refunded because you decide you no longer want the snake. Non refundable is non refundable. Also if you're making 4 payments on 175 should you really be buying animals? I sent Nick a message that this is here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Old 11-04-2015, 12:55 AM   #8
ElexisC
Which I was just told he never said anything about fees, that he needed to get home from duck hunting and check his computer and such. Please post your conversations proving he said anything about you paying the fees

Old 11-04-2015, 01:02 AM   #9
ElexisC
Ok the screen shots didn't appear for me before (on the tapatalk ap and sometimes photos just don't load), a lot of sellers I've seen add the fees to the asking price, or some people pay friends & family so some people may not even get fees from some doing it that way, whether the seller asks for that payment method or not, which some people think it's wrong to ask for that payment method but if the buyer does it not the sellers fault imo.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:11 AM   #10
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Which I was just told he never said anything about fees, that he needed to get home from duck hunting and check his computer and such. Please post your conversations proving he said anything about you paying the fees

I realized I said this wrong, I was told he never said anything about charging you for the fees, that he needed to check his computer when he got home. My last comment for now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!