Bad Guy Nicholas P. Heistan CNH Reptiles - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:57 PM   #51
Randy F
This is crazy but not uncommon. People look at something that's right in front of them and lose sight of the big picture. Something as little as the fee's from $175 and you not only lost the sale, but your reputation. I just bought a snake from someone and they asked me to send friends and family, I just added the 3% fee's in his payment. I don't like paying fees either, but that's how they make their money to offer us the service. Now his attitude is just repulsive. I have been mad before and made irrational choice of words, but I have come back and made it right immediately. I never have nor would attack someone on a personal level. The buyer is wrong on every level here. And anyone attacking a buyer because of how much they spent is just ignorant and very low class.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:07 PM   #52
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
I realized I said this wrong, I was told he never said anything about charging you for the fees, that he needed to check his computer when he got home. My last comment for now.
It would appear your friend lied to you.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:22 PM   #53
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
It would appear your friend lied to you.
And I was just relaying what I was told. If he lied, and the screen shots prove it then fine, btw he's not a friend, he's not even on my friends list. Just someone I knew of in some local groups and didn't seem to be the type to do wrong. I can admit when I'm wrong and have changed my stance on how I view people just by evidence being brought forth in a boi. I do not stand for shady business dealings and if that is what this is proving to be then he would no longer be someone I would ever want to deal with. It just seemed petty to me someone would throw a fit over $35. If he lied then he lied and I'll admit I'm wrong. I shouldn't have said what I did in the beginning. And for that offense I apologize. If he posts the whole conversation and it proves Nick was in the wrong and that he lied to me then that's it, game over.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:26 PM   #54
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebyd90 View Post
Heres another screenshot with some time stamps
I have never seen him speak to someone like that. That's just wow.. and for what I said in the beginning I apologize. not going to make excuses for it, but I do apologize, shouldn't have said that and people have put me in my place for it.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:45 AM   #55
meowmeowkazoo
How much the buyer paid for the snake or how long it took them to pay that amount is irrelevant, as is the amount that has not been refunded. If the OP could post screenshots of the payments made, to verify that it does in fact add up to the total amount owed on the animal, then there is really nothing more to be questioned.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:37 AM   #56
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
The buyer is wrong on every level here.
How so?

As a side note-
The "gift, or 3%" crap is old...and nobody should encourage the practice by paying it. The fees are the seller's responsibility, period. It doesn't take much brainpower to factor them into price determination.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:48 AM   #57
pwebyd90
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
If the OP could post screenshots of the payments made, to verify that it does in fact add up to the total amount owed on the animal, then there is really nothing more to be questioned.
Cropped the first pic to take out my address..
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2015, 06:10 AM   #58
hhmoore
Just for the record, making multiple payments - especially small ones - can impact the amount of fees. It wouldn't, if the fee was a straight 3%; but it isn't, so it does. (Yes, I worded it that way on purpose)
The fee is actually 2.9% + $0.3.
On a purchase of $175, that comes out to be $5.38 (rounded up from 5.375)
Divided into the 4 payments listed, the fees would have totaled $6.28 (also rounded up).
The difference is $0.9, and is accounted for by the three additional payments of $0.3.
Less than a dollar, and not worth arguing about, IMO; but there IS a difference when making multiple small payments.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:29 AM   #59
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
How so?

As a side note-
The "gift, or 3%" crap is old...and nobody should encourage the practice by paying it. The fees are the seller's responsibility, period. It doesn't take much brainpower to factor them into price determination.
Oops that was supposed to be seller not buyer. Unfortunately I can not go edit it.

I only added it because it was a deal the guy was giving me so I felt it fair. I have sold snakes where the buyer refused to pay tax, so at that point it is up to the seller to take the monetary hit to make the sale or not. I just shipped someone 11 snakes and when packaging them decided to throw in 2 for free without him knowing. I see nothing wrong with the seller saying "yeah I will discount it x% if you pay the fees." We all have choices, but anything not favoring the buyer needs to be upfront.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:36 AM   #60
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
And I was just relaying what I was told. If he lied, and the screen shots prove it then fine, btw he's not a friend, he's not even on my friends list. Just someone I knew of in some local groups and didn't seem to be the type to do wrong. I can admit when I'm wrong and have changed my stance on how I view people just by evidence being brought forth in a boi. I do not stand for shady business dealings and if that is what this is proving to be then he would no longer be someone I would ever want to deal with. It just seemed petty to me someone would throw a fit over $35. If he lied then he lied and I'll admit I'm wrong. I shouldn't have said what I did in the beginning. And for that offense I apologize. If he posts the whole conversation and it proves Nick was in the wrong and that he lied to me then that's it, game over.
Maybe instead of relaying what was told to you, you should have told him, "Come show/tell your side of things on the BOI, there is a thread started about you." And if he said "oh well this is the reason." then you could have still told him to come tell it here instead of being a relay board for him. Could have saved yourself some grief. Anyone can seem to be a person that wouldn't do wrong, but in reality will screw you out of your last dime or just be a totally bad person.

Why should it matter if it's "petty" to you for $35? People have been shown to jack others for far less in some instances. So it doesn't matter if it seems petty to you; to the OP it was worth warning others about.

You've made several great posts (in the BOI as a whole), but you always seem as though you're quick to jump the gun to defend the accused instead of waiting to see the evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Just for the record, making multiple payments - especially small ones - can impact the amount of fees. It wouldn't, if the fee was a straight 3%; but it isn't, so it does. (Yes, I worded it that way on purpose)
The fee is actually 2.9% + $0.3.
On a purchase of $175, that comes out to be $5.38 (rounded up from 5.375)
Divided into the 4 payments listed, the fees would have totaled $6.28 (also rounded up).
The difference is $0.9, and is accounted for by the three additional payments of $0.3.
Less than a dollar, and not worth arguing about, IMO; but there IS a difference when making multiple small payments.
I agree, when one makes payments through paypal, the fees add up to greater than if it were one single payment.

Which is why the seller should have listed the snake for more if he wanted a certain amount to clear. It's all a numbers game with paypal. Just like if you sell on ebay, as a seller, you're going to have fees for ebay, paypal and when you add in the cost of shipping. That's why you have to price your product accordingly to make sure you clear what you want.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!