Bad Guy Nicholas P. Heistan CNH Reptiles - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #71
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine Elking View Post
This is Elaine and I take care of the financing for CNH Reptiles. I have read your Messenger/Facebook texts (screenshots of entire communication from original request for information about different snakes till your crazy responses and accusations in trying to resolve this matter) and I am Shocked!

FIRST If you really read the messages you will see that there was no attempt to escalate price. Nick said he needed to check the amount since there were fees out of the account and on a mobile phone it does not show all the transaction. He wanted to make sure the amounts before fees added to the $175. We do a lot of business via Paypal and are aware of the fees. It is part of the cost of doing business.Yours was not the only transaction, but yours held up funds in the account. That is why he needed to see it in entirety via a computer, not a mobile device.
Seriously, it is never wise to try and resolve issues via text messages when so many use abbreviations, partial sentences and you can not tell the inflection or tone:This is the reason so many things are misinterpreted. And he told you he was out hunting and didn't want his phone exposed. Where was your common sense, patience and decency?

SECOND Nick allowed you to make payments on a $175 purchase. He specifically says there is a 20% non refundable deposit. You agree to that.

THIRD: You said you would have paid off by 17th. You did not make final payment until 24th ( and Nick allowed you to go past your original timeframe with no penalty or extra charges) and then only a few hours later ( in the middle of the night too per Paypal ), you put in a dispute via Paypal for non shipment. You later claim you didn't know what else to put so again your lack of patience made matters worse.

FOURTH: All of that happened on a SUNDAY and the man was not at home. It is not his responsibility to wait by his phone to see if you had finally paid the amount in full. Again a week later than original agreement. You gave no indication in messages that you were making final payments but it appears you expected him to immediately respond to you.

FIFTH He explicitly tells you in messages he is not home and to please wait until he is able to get to a computer to see the full transaction. He again tells you he is not able to see the entire account via a mobile device. You then start to carry on that you are being scammed and ripped off. You immediately demand your refund. Once YOU put the matter into dispute with Paypal, YOU locked up the transactions and the funds.

Had you been a rational adult decent person and simply waited a few hours (AGAIN on a Sunday when Nick was not home and not able to check a computer) this would have been resolved and chances are we would have refunded the entire amount.

SIXTH You have been making threats to slander Nick and CNH Reptiles. I have all the screenshots, same as you and if you continue to rant and rave, I will move forward with charges. I will also post this email on all the sites where you try and ruin our reputation.

Suck it up sir. You made a simple situation into a hot mess and now this is the result. In the future, I would suggest you have some professional regard and class and take care of things like a man, not like a spoiled child.

I am truly sorry this could not be solved in an adult manner but we will not do business in the future to prevent this from ever happening again.

If you have ANY thing to say regarding the transaction refer it to me and I will pass it all along to our attorney. Other wise, please refrain from any further attempts to slander and hurt the business.

As far as I am concerned this matter is finally closed. I feel you should consider it closed also.

Regards,

Elaine Elking
Financing Officer
CNH Reptiles
Hmmm
So how do you explain all the profanity shown in the messages?

Old 11-05-2015, 11:55 AM   #72
Black Adder
Maybe you just post all of the screen shots then
That way we all can see if the op said things to provoke such unprofessional responses which btw are completely unacceptable no matter what!

Old 11-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #73
Lucille
Quote:

If you have ANY thing to say regarding the transaction refer it to me and I will pass it all along to our attorney.
Classic pseudo legal threats from someone who does not know what they are talking about but wants to hush everyone up. You can't afford an attorney in my opinion if y'all were making such a fuss about a couple bucks of fees, so stop pretending you have one.

There was no need to look at the entire transaction, the selling price was set and add-ons after the fact in the way of fees are unethical. There was no need to look at the entire transaction prior to refunding all that had been paid, the issue was with the seller not the buyer.

And if the language in the screenshots was indeed from the seller, well....nuff said.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:21 PM   #74
Dennis Hultman
Quote:

FIRST If you really read the messages you will see that there was no attempt to escalate price. Nick said he needed to check the amount since there were fees out of the account and on a mobile phone it does not show all the transaction. He wanted to make sure the amounts before fees added to the $175. We do a lot of business via Paypal and are aware of the fees. It is part of the cost of doing business.
Regards,

Elaine Elking
Financing Officer
CNH Reptiles
Then care to explain this screenshot?

Quote. "Also it's 175 not $175 and I pay the fees."

Did he not seen that message?
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2015, 12:33 PM   #75
BillZ
Quote:
He wanted to make sure the amounts before fees added to the $175. We do a lot of business via Paypal and are aware of the fees. It is part of the cost of doing business.
This screenshot seems to say "other wise".
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2015, 12:37 PM   #76
BillZ
"Elaine Elking
Financing Officer
CNH Reptiles"

I would fire my "Financing Officer" if I was the one who had to deal with a financial issue by phone text while on vacation or just a day off. Hope your "Attorney" is better at their job.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #77
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Then care to explain this screenshot?

Quote. "Also it's 175 not $175 and I pay the fees."

Did he not seen that message?
You may have beat me to the post but I think the multiple images with each getting larger and larger was far more dramatic........

Old 11-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #78
CwnAnnwn
Quote:

If you have ANY thing to say regarding the transaction refer it to me and I will pass it all along to our attorney. Other wise, please refrain from any further attempts to slander and hurt the business.

As far as I am concerned this matter is finally closed. I feel you should consider it closed also.

Regards,

Elaine Elking
Financing Officer
CNH Reptiles
Wow. Just when I thought that this place could not get any worst, this happens.

I am going to make this really simple, so your attorney could understand it.

1.) You need to produce the whole conversation. You are being slandered here. You need to prove that. You understand that most buyers come to this forum to review people before they buy. The forum has ruined people with more attorneys then you have on retainer.

2.) No one should have been treated like your, and I am assuming here, son treated Mr. Jones. Period.

3.) To produce libel charges you need malice. The only malice in the conversation so far is from your, and I am assuming, son.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:45 PM   #79
Mistyck
Hmm Ms. Elaine Elking...You and Nicholas might want to get on the same page about things before you comment on them. Because he has said something different (as shown in screen shots) than you are claiming. And the non-refundable deposit is bullcrap when he is trying to swindle the buyer out of more money because he doesn't want to pay the fees.

TWO (see we can count here too), you seem to be pretty proficient at the computer, and you're the Financial Officer, yet you couldn't explain to Nicholas what was going on with the "amounts not adding up" and he has been shown to say that he tried contacting you to find out what was going on, but he couldn't get a hold of you in 9 days to figure things out? Interesting...

Three; He has no right to talk to a customer in such a vulgar and nasty manner. And if you're condoning that behavior out of him, then I seriously wouldn't consider doing business with either of you, nor will I ever recommend your business to ANYONE. There was no need for him to talk to a customer in that manner, and with you sticking up for that behavior just shows what kind of person you are as well.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:02 PM   #80
Mistyck
Left some things out, so I'm quoting myself to add on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
Hmm Ms. Elaine Elking...You and Nicholas might want to get on the same page about things before you comment on them. Because he has said something different (as shown in screen shots) than you are claiming. And the non-refundable deposit is bullcrap when he is trying to swindle the buyer out of more money because he doesn't want to pay the fees.
Also, since you are the Financial Officer, it would seem to me that you should know better than to keep the money that was "non-refundable" when your "company" was the one changing the price AFTER the deal was done, not the buyer.

Quote:
TWO (see we can count here *and be snarky* too), you seem to be pretty proficient at the computer, and you're the Financial Officer, yet you couldn't explain to Nicholas what was going on with the "amounts not adding up" and he has been shown to say that he tried contacting you to find out what was going on, but he couldn't get a hold of you in 9 days to figure things out? Interesting...
It's also quite interesting that as the Financial Officer you let the 9 days go by without refunding the buyer of the rest of his money graciously. Considering that such a measly amount shouldn't be worth your companies reputation and having such horrible slander/libel done to it. (Which it's not if it's true...)

Quote:
Three; He has no right to talk to a customer in such a vulgar and nasty manner. And if you're condoning that behavior out of him, then I seriously wouldn't consider doing business with either of you, nor will I ever recommend your business to ANYONE. There was no need for him to talk to a customer in that manner, and with you sticking up for that behavior just shows what kind of person you are as well.
If this is the way you want your "partner" in the company acting then it shows what kind of company or partnership you both are running.

And just to touch on this point:

Quote:

Regards,

Elaine Elking
Financing Officer
CNH Reptiles
You can feel that way, but it doesn't make it so. You don't have the say-so to tell us what we find closed or finished. But nice try. Please contact your "lawyer/attorney" about such issues and if they are any good I would assume they would tell you to keep your mouth closed and let things play out the way they will because the more you or Nicholas run your mouths, the more you look bad, and it doesn't bode well for your "case" of libel or slander.

Have a nice day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!