why only 100 new posts - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:59 AM   #1
sschind
why only 100 new posts

I have only recently begun using the new posts feature but I have a question. It seems that no matter how long between visits (this last one was a week) I get no more than 100 new posts show up in the search. Most of the time it seems like there are around 75-100 new posts per day because I usually check them every day but occasionally I don't have the time. Am I doing something wrong or is that the limit of the search that was set up. Its not that big of a deal if thats all I can get but if I am missing out because of soemthing I am doing wrong I'd like to correct it.

Thanks

Steve

Old 04-28-2005, 10:03 AM   #2
Jeremy Letkey
Steve, I thought I was having deja vu. Check out this thread.
100 posts

Old 04-28-2005, 10:08 AM   #3
mycurlylocks
The limit is set to 100 posts. That way the searches don't slow the system down so much...

Old 04-28-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
WebSlave
Yes, that is correct. Searches are extremely tough on server resources, so I had to take steps to limit that load as much as possible. Providing an unlimited number of hits to be presented would bring the server to its knees if several people were doing this at the same time. Realistically, when someone does a keyword search, which uses the same code, how many people look through more then 100 hits anyway?

Old 04-29-2005, 11:40 PM   #5
sschind
Fair enough and understood. No problem. Jeremy, I did look for a similar question before I posted but apparently I didn't look far enough or in the right place, sorry.

Steve

Old 04-29-2005, 11:46 PM   #6
sschind
Would it be possible to allow us to limit the forums we search to lessen the load a bit. Example, When I search for new posts I really don't care if I find any from the lonely hearts club or the mammels or birds forums. I Don't know if this would be feasable or even if it would help but its just something I thought of

Steve

Old 04-30-2005, 10:56 AM   #7
starwarsdad
That would require custom programming which equals $$$. When a client asks us for something like that it costs $200 per hour with a one hour minimum. I have never seen the vBulletin source code but I doubt it is an easy switch based on search functions I have seen in other forum systems.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!