www.thoseanimalguys.com Warning!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
dsirkle
www.thoseanimalguys.com Warning!!!!

I am posting this to alert anyone that might have a pending deal with these guys. They are currently in custody for burglary,possesion of and selling stolen goods (animals). See Police blotter post.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #2
varnyard
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...ID=/20071108/M
ETRO/711080365/1409/METRO

Livonia cops bust exotic animal ring
Two from Flint area held after police find 69 pets in 2 residences; some back with owners.
Christine Ferretti / The Detroit News
LIVONIA -- A self-proclaimed animal-loving duo boasting a traveling animal education show were arrested this week, accused of stealing nearly 70 animals and keeping them in their homes.

Exotic creatures ranging from wallabies to tarantulas, alligators and a hedge hog have been reunited with their owners after being recovered from the Flint area on Tuesday.

Livonia police got a tip last week from a local victim who led them to 69 exotic pets caged in a Mundy Township apartment, south of Flint and another residence in Flint Township.

Some of the exotics were returned to shops in Livonia, an animal sanctuary near Belleville and a zoo in Birch Run, Livonia Police Lt. Greg Winn said.

"The houses had been virtually turned into a small zoo. The cages were built into the rooms with fencing," Winn said.

Mark Rosenthal, who operates Animal Magic sanctuary in the Belleville area, stumbled upon and began tracking the pair last week when he noticed one of his animals pictured on their Web site, www.thoseanimalguys.com. He then notified police.

Rosenthal said several of his animals were taken earlier this year.

Rosenthal said his wife has located the owner of five rare toucans in Florida that were recovered from one of the homes. Each bird is worth $30,000 to $50,000 and will be returned today by airplane, he said.

"We're so glad we could help these people out and give them back their animals," he said.

Rosenthal's fennec fox, his beloved kinkajou "Wookie" and a couple of other priceless pets were returned by police.

Police said the alleged thieves, expected to be arraigned this afternoon, took the animals to exotic shows and schools for children's programs, while others were sold online.

Rosenthal said the two "jokers" converted an old ambulance into a traveling van for their shows, with blown-up photos on each side, including one shot of "Wookie."

Stinger Exotics on Plymouth Road in Livonia was reunited with some stolen reptiles. In July, thieves had taken about $50,000 worth of exotics from the shop.

Owner Hazel Kelley was ecstatic Tuesday when she got the call that some of her reptiles had been found, including Rupert, a savannah monitor lizard and the store mascot.

"He's a little beat up and lethargic and thin, but he's doing well," said Kelley, who moved her store to Livonia from Westland about a year ago.

Kelley said about $1,500 worth of the stolen reptiles have been recovered.

"They literally wiped out our entire store. We took a big hit, but thankfully we got these few back," she said, noting the return of a few frogs and tortoises.

Discount Pet & Supplies on Middle Belt said nearly 10 hand-raised birds were stolen from their shop in April. Only a couple of birds were returned.

"They weren't just our pets, they are our little family," said store manager Denise Billings. "It was gut-wrenching to us."

Dozens of cages and supplies also were taken from the store.

Police said they were apprehensive of going public with the burglaries sooner out of fear the animals would be killed.

If convicted, the suspects could face 10 years for each felony offense of breaking and entering a business. Additional charges for unrelated crimes including stolen property not related to animals are expected to come from Genesee County officials, Winn said.

You can reach Christine Ferretti at (734) 462-2289 or cferretti@detnews.com.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
GinoInDaBronx
Those Photos

I am sure that I have seen that Burmese python photo before; perhaps on the ks Burm forums? I guess that if stealing animals gets them off, they will have no qualms about scooping photos, too.

GB

Old 11-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #4
GinoInDaBronx
Burmese Photo

Just as a brief follow-up-the photo of the Burm is definitely stolen from the Burmese photo of KS.

GB

Old 11-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
Gary O
I can not believe that these towo are low down dirty scum. Why you ask. They have been coming to the Taylor Michigan Reptile Show every month for the past I want to say 6 months.

They have bought animals off me. They seemed to be on the up and up. The next thing they wanted was a large Green Anaconda but I am not thrilled on selling Greens even though I have a few times.

I never even thought they were thieves. They seemed on the up and up. WOW just goes to show you never know.

Steeling and lieing is one thing I look down on.

I will be letting the Show runners know at Taylor tomorrow. Even though they are not free right now you never know..........

Old 11-09-2007, 07:33 PM   #6
Dennis Hultman
Adam Lock
Those Animal Guys
2110 grand blanc rd
Grand Blanc, Michigan 48439
810-516-4276

thoseanimalguys@hotmail.com

Those Animal Guys
P.O. Box 320444
Flint, MI 48532

Phone: (810) 516 4276
info@ThoseAnimalGuys.com

Quote:
Adam, Co–Founder of Those Animal Guys, has been an entertainer since the young age of 11, as a singer, actor, and finally, after a 2-year apprenticeship program, a magician. Working as a professional magician for several years, he has been seen performing for thousands of families everywhere from restaurants to local amusement parks, frequently using animals in his acts. Adam brings Those Animal Guys a passion for animal conservation along with years of entertainment experience.
Quote:
Josh, Co-Founder of Those Animal Guys, has always enjoyed keeping animals, spending much of his childhood looking for more space in his house to put animal habitats. After high school, Josh earned an Associates Degree in Biology from Michigan State University and completed an internship at Shedd Aquarium. Josh uses his education to teach people of all ages the importance of conserving animal habitat.
Quote:
How we got started.
Those Animal Guys is the dream of two ordinary guys who, despite their success in other areas of their lives, wanted something more. Founders, Josh and Adam, both life-long lovers of animals, met by chance while working at the same pet store during their high school years. After parting company to make their own way in the world, Josh and Adam found their success in very different ways. Adam had pursued the entertainment industry, working as a professional magician in various capacities around mid-Michigan. Josh had earned a degree in Biology from Michigan State University and was making a good living with a successful sales position. Both had everything they needed, but they wanted something more. Josh finally called Adam out of the blue, saying only that he had a “business proposition” for him. They met up and headed to a mutually favorite place—the Detroit Zoo. After taking a few minutes to catch up, both admitted that they felt they were missing something. Josh desperately wanted to work with animals again. Adam had incorporated a few animals into his shows before, but he knew that there was far more that could be done. What if they created a traveling educational show that combined Adam’s entertainment skills and Josh’s biology experience? Thus, Those Animal Guys was born, promising a new and exciting educational experience based on strong passion for animals and wildlife conservation.
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #7
Dennis Hultman
It seems some changes are being made to the website.

The gallery had pictures this morning and so did the available page. The pictures don't seem to be there anymore.

Also,I don't recall the pictures I posted in the above post being there this morning either.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #8
GinoInDaBronx
Provider

Is there any chance that their provider will yank the site for criminal activity?

GB

Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #9
varnyard
I wanted to copy this before it goes poof too.

Quote:
Josh, Co-Founder of Those Animal Guys, has always enjoyed keeping animals, spending much of his childhood looking for more space in his house to put animal habitats. After high school, Josh earned an Associates Degree in Biology from Michigan State University and completed an internship at Shedd Aquarium. Josh uses his education to teach people of all ages the importance of conserving animal habitat.
Is that where he trys to teach them to steal the cages along with the animals?

Quote:
Adam, Co–Founder of Those Animal Guys, has been an entertainer since the young age of 11, as a singer, actor, and finally, after a 2-year apprenticeship program, a magician. Working as a professional magician for several years, he has been seen performing for thousands of families everywhere from restaurants to local amusement parks, frequently using animals in his acts. Adam brings Those Animal Guys a passion for animal conservation along with years of entertainment experience.
I think it is going to take more than an act, and would also bet he wishes his magic would make all of this disappear.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #10
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoInDaBronx
Is there any chance that their provider will yank the site for criminal activity?

GB
That might be the case, or they might be trying to get the evidence removed, it was probably proof of selling the stolen animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!