Fred Kick Misrepresented Animals, A thief to watch out for - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
HRoss
Fred Kick Misrepresented Animals, A thief to watch out for

First off let me say i do not like to start threads about anyone. But this guy and his company Reptile Addicts.com are straight up conartist.

In early summer i decided to purcahase 2 (1000 gram female pastels) with very nice color markings. Now first let me tell you i took them on a payment plan and had some significant changes in income when i switched jobs. regardless i still sent money in intervals to pay towards my balance owed. When my finances became tense due to the fact that my new job was not paying as well, i called fred to see if i could pay for just one of the animals with funds he had already received. i am not naive, know one wants to wait for payment forever.
I also made the mistake of mentioning that i had several clutches of mojaves on the ground. This is when he really put it to me. He took 4 mojave females and a 100 dollars to cover balance of 900 (which i tried everyway to avoid, but caved rather than the chance of a negative boi thread. Now, if that is not a huge enough loss. Get this the animals he sent me were not the animals i purchased. not only do they not match the photos of the animals i put a deposit on, they are 700 grams and almost 800 grams (the 800 gram animal is so ungly i have named her the sea hag) respectively. and this is after months have gone by in their. So basically he sold the snakes i had a deposit on only to replace them with underweight gargbage. Snakes that have not eaten for months while in my care.
i went to file a kingnsnake fraud report, but that i not nearly as easy as it sounds. i called fred and his shop many times. i threatened to report him to the fraud abuse center at kinsnake after many unanwered call. No replies' just a true pos
I would never consider sending this guy money if i were you. he is a junk dealer and should be called out like all other junk dealers
howard ross

Old 11-22-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
snake5007
Did you save any emails from this transaction?

Old 11-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #3
HRoss
phone transactions for the most part

Old 11-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #4
snake5007
do you have pictures of the animals you paid for, and the ones that you recieved? It's a shame most of it was by phone, because you could of posted the emails here.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
HRoss
it is almost a moot point. i have 2 thumbnail photos i captured from the advertisements. even though they are small it is obviously clear that the pastel in the photo with th yelow banding around the head does not match a single pastel in my collection
i am computer handicapped when it come to posting photos

Old 11-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #6
hhmoore
Howard - I understand your anger & frustration - and they appear to be well founded (based on your story) - but I do want to address one statement.
Quote:
This is when he really put it to me. He took 4 mojave females and a 100 dollars to cover balance of 900
Given the current market price, $200 for a mojave is about right for wholesale. Now, I'm not going to get into the whole thing about people giving wholesale credit on others' animals while assigning retail value on their own in a trade (which is basically what this ended up as...but it didn't start out as a trade); but the only way he put it to you, so to speak, was sending you the wrong animals. On that, you are right on target...unfortunately, from what I have heard of the Kick Brothers/Reptile Addicts, you probably won't see much (if anything) in the way of compensation. I wish you the best in that struggle, though...and with the snakes you received.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:33 PM   #7
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoss
it is almost a moot point. i have 2 thumbnail photos i captured from the advertisements. even though they are small it is obviously clear that the pastel in the photo with th yelow banding around the head does not match a single pastel in my collection
i am computer handicapped when it come to posting photos

Posting pics is easy. You ust click on the post reply button, then you click on go advanced. Once the screen with the silies comes up you just scroll down to the additional options section and click on manage attachments. You can upload pics or use a URL to get them up.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:38 PM   #8
HRoss
i am very much aware of wholesale pricing practices. his were 100$ each under current wholesale price with veiled threats of making me look bad in public for not sending him the mojaves. this is after he wanted to call it quits on the second female pstel. but learning of the mojaves; it turned into horrible deal for me not to send him the babies.

i do have the thumbnails for comparison of the animals i received. i also have one email stating the weights of the pastels at 1000 grams in july. this is during an email i sent to him incase he wanted an adult mojave male as partail payment.
if anyone wants me to email the original thumbnails as well asthe email with weight stated to post. well, just let me know

Old 11-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #9
HRoss
i just ran your card for $500 and it was approved.
thanks howard.
i tried calling you and it wouldn't go through.

howard ross <hross3@verizon.net> wrote:
take 500 dollars out on my debit card forthe pastels. i will call you if i do not see it come out of my bank
howard
----- Original Message -----
To: hross3@verizon.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: Message about: SHATTER BALL PYTHON

send us pics

hross3@verizon.net wrote:
NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

hey fred,
i have the 600 dollar deposit on the two 1000 gram female pastels. just curious if you guys are interested in a proven breeder male mojave (2004, 1000 grams) that has produced around 20 mojaves over the last two years. just thought i would run it by you before i post him.
and if you guys could kind of give me a written contract for my records
thanks
howard

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=463759&cat=32

----------------------------------------------
This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.
This person may or may not be who they say they are.
The return address they provide may or may not be their correct address.

Sent 05:02 PM, Jun 09th, 2007 from I.P. Address 71.180.106.211

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2007, 10:53 PM   #10
HRoss
hhmore

i will agree to what you said. my finances are know ones problems but my own. i did the trade deal under direct threat of hurting my name in the ball industry. yes, i could have told him to blow himself

ad you are correct sending me the animals i did not pay/ trade for is in my opinion stealing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!