FaunaClassifieds
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Chat  |  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
varnyard
Abot=About...

Old 02-20-2008, 02:50 PM   #12
JimD
Where in Canada is this guy?

Jim.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #13
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
Where in Canada is this guy?

Jim.
Jim he is from Pentiction, from the info I have found.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
The BoidSmith
He is in the Greater Vancouver Regional district.

The Reptile Guy : Intranet Sites com -Educating The Public Since 1999. The Reptile Guy specializes in:. Educational Seminars. Proper care of Exotics. Rescue/Adoption ...

If you go to his site you will see a picture of his tegu with the following:

Quote:
This is my Columbian black and white tegu. When I ordered him in I thought i was going to get an Argentine tegu but he is fitting in nicely. Normally the argentine tegus are a little more docile but the columbian doesn't seem to be causing any problems, in fact, he is probaly calmer than the savanna. The cave he is standing on was made out of the new Exo-terra clay moulding substrate. It's pretty cool stuff and I do recommend it if you have animals that like to hide. Right now he is about 12 Inches from head to tail.

Columbian black and white tegus obviously come from Columbia and can reach a length of over 3 and a half feet long.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #15
The BoidSmith
Here's where you can see it:

thereptileguy.ca/index.php?fuseaction=cPageGoTo.GoToDoc&DocumentID= 5

Old 02-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #16
varnyard
Quote:
Dave:I've had it with my new tegu, and the deals that I have been getting into recently, my 100% het albino red tail boa was sold for $60, my $20 chubby frog was sold for $10, my rose hair tarantula for free, and now my beautiful monkey tail skink for a columbian tegu
I clearly thought that I was getting a argentine black and white tegu, and this some reptile expert wannabe comes a long and pulls a columbian tegu out, and simply takes the skink, OMG, a columbian tegu that is so wild, is now starting to bite, and tried to attck my dog
Quote:
Dave: Hey, the Tegu that you've sent me is very indeed a columbian gold tegu, which is a wild caught animal, and very unfortuanatly, they are only $100 around here, but $20 around other areas, I hope you are enjoying the monkey tail skink, because I don't plan on getting the skink back, I just would like you to take the columbian back, and find me a real Female Argentine Black and White Tegu tyat is around 2 years old
Sorry I sound like I'm coming at you like this, but everybody that I've talked to does agree that the tegu that you've traded, is a columbian and I should be getting what I asked for, you did not know so much about the history of this animal, but I do feel that it was not right for me to trade my healthy monkey tail skink that is worth $400 for a columbian gold tegu that is worth $100
again, I'm sorry I came at you like this, but please make time to do this for me
thank you

and this is the reply
David,
Quote:
Mike: The tegu i traded you was given to me as an argentine tegu. I also looked on line quickly before i e-mailed you and the site i looked at identified it as an argentine. If you had any doubt as to what it was, you could have backed out of the trade at any time. In my mind, you need to do more research before you further your reptile hobby as your animals are not healthy due to improper care. I highly doubt that you are actually going to take your tegu into a vet but you need to do so and start looking after it properly. The skink should have been in a cage 3 times the size of the one you had it in it also had a small bulge on it's side and when i took it to the vet on saturday i was told it was the beginning of an intestinal tract infection due to it's improper diet which consisted of mainly fruits.(an all fruit diet is too high in sugar and will eventually kill most lizards).
The trade has been done, you told me you saw the picture on my website, you saw it in person and you still accepted it so he is now yours and the trade is done.

Mike

Quote:
Mike: Too bad bud, you have refuse my phone calls so as far as i am concerned we are done. You are the one that hung up on me last night not me so now you can leave me alone. I have also spoken to natalie (who didn't know me until we spoke) and have explained the situation with her. If you continue on i will consider it harassment and take the necessary actions. If you continue to bad talk me and tell people that i have taken advantage of you i will consider it slander and take the necessary actions.

Take care,
Mike
If this information is true, then I will say this, I do not have much for someone that scams and threatens a child.

I am also well aware that Mike is reading here, do you care to comment mike? You did not know it was a colombian tegu?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mike1.JPG (60.6 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg mike5.jpg (65.4 KB, 237 views)

Old 02-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #17
ApriliaRufo
Dave is young and the idea of the Board Of Inquiry, the threatening e-mails of a sugar coated "shut your mouth or I'll sue", is all pretty heavy on the head. I know from experience that when those PM's and e-mails telling you that you're slandering them and they'll sue you can be pretty intimidating, but the simple truth is that you can't be sued for slander by discussing honestly a business transaction, otherwise apartment managers would sue every tenant that left because he told someone the apartment was a nightmare. Ball Up Dave.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #18
3DKDK
all of it was true, i mean everything, but me and mike just decided to drop everything
plus he also wanted me to post the e-mails and that was going on between him and i, but i guess it's pretty much on here now

If you can't delete your postings on the forums, you should probably write something up there saying that i didn't rip you off or i can just copy and paste your e-mails that you sent me onto the forum myself.

Mike

but the bottom line is that it's all my fault that i accepted the tegu and went on with the trade, it was clearly my fault and i was not ripped off

Old 02-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #19
3DKDK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DKDK

If you can't delete your postings on the forums, you should probably write something up there saying that i didn't rip you off or i can just copy and paste your e-mails that you sent me onto the forum myself.

Mike
that was the e-mail from him

Old 02-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #20
The BoidSmith
Mike, at least buy a tegu and send it to Dave...

Quote:
Dave, could you explain this statement please?

And Dave, it's not your fault. You were sent a different species, and not by mistake.

..."The Reptile guy. Educating the public since 1999"..."Taking advantage of minors since???"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!