Ap racks. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
bamasmith
Ap racks.

For those of you who may have any,how well do they hold heat with the 32qt tubs? I am going to try what they have them set up with,with a Herpstat ND.I just ordered one.Do you like them.I am in need of one quick.Bought a lot of morphs this summer and I am now out of room.Said it may take up to 4 weeks to ship.Oh well

Old 07-23-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
RyanT
I actually just ordered another adult rack from AP about 2 hours ago. I have 2 others, including a 32 quart size. They're great. Can't go wrong. The wait is just a necessary evil that you would encounter from any company.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #3
hhmoore
I've got 2 - 41 qt racks (3 if you count the economy style I have some of my adult bulls in), 2 - 32qt racks, and one that holds 15s + 32s .... I'm very happy with the way they hold heat.
Their usual order to ship time is about 5 weeks, but if they told you 4, maybe they're doing a bit better (they got kind of backed up after some unforeseen slowdowns). Well worth the wait, IMO, but if you need them YESTERDAY!! my opinion won't matter much, lol.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #4
Brett Beiner
I have 11 ap racks. They are great. They hold heat and humidity very well. The last 3 that I bought have their new ambient heating option. Additionally, they are very sturdy and will last forever. Don't get the economy version...these are open on the sides which likely don't hold heat as well.
Good luck.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:00 PM   #5
hhmoore
Quote:
Don't get the economy version...these are open on the sides which likely don't hold heat as well
I purchased the economy rack specifically because of that feature.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:57 AM   #6
WingedWolf
I have the regular and economy--the regular hold heat extremely well--the economy racks hold it well enough, too, I've never had a problem with temps in either of them. They also have great customer service--if there's ever a problem, even minor, they quickly fix it. I had a heat cable fail on a rack I'd had for several months, and called them to price a new one, and was told that it was still under warranty--they shipped me out a new one, and it arrived in days. (This is a rare event, these heat cables last for years--there's one that's over 5 years old and still functioning fine).
You also can't beat the price, short of building one yourself.
Get the castors--they don't skimp on the thickness of the plastic, and the big racks are heavy.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:07 AM   #7
bamasmith
I opted not to go with castors. I did not realize they would be so heavy.I did'nt order the economy.I wanted something enclosed.Harold,how do you like yours?I bet it is lightweight.I am going to try and order a 41qt version later this year.I have a few who will like the extra space.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:31 AM   #8
hhmoore
I like the 41qt economy rack, but it definitely has more sway to it than the standard model. Due to the species I am housing in it, heat retention was not a concern...but increased lighting/visibility was, so the economy rack was an obvious choice. I'll be getting another when my growers/future breeders are big enough to justify it.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #9
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Beiner
Don't get the economy version...these are open on the sides which likely don't hold heat as well.
I keep Balls in their economy racks, and did decide to put a piece of Reflectix on the back (just in case, cold Iowa winters), but they seemed to do fine even without it. If you keep your reptile room at a decent temp, it really isn't an issue.

I have purchased other brands of racks/cages, and would not buy anything but AP if I were going to purchase any more. The quality is great, and the folks at AP are awesome to work with.

The last time I ordered, I believe they were finished right on time per the timeline they gave me, and I picked them up so saved on shipping time and expense. You have to expect some delay when ordering from folks that maintain this quality, as they are kept VERY busy....but the product is well worth the wait.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:10 AM   #10
WingedWolf
Yep, all of my balls are in AP racks, too--the youngers are in a 10 slot Economy rack. If you call and talk to them, they can offer you stuff that isn't mentioned on the website. The 10 slot rack is the perfect height for me--I can reach the top bins easily, and it saves a lot of space. I also think it's the tallest they can ship standard. yes, the economy racks do have a little sway to them if you move them around or bump into them, but they don't have very much when they're full of bins, and it's never a problem.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!